MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 16th, 2001, 10:18 PM

Unhappy New to burning CDG's Help

Hi I have recently purchased a Lite-On LTR24102B. Have had several problems that in reading your forum and web-site may be fairly common. Therefore that is why I am interested in the software you offer. Anyway, I downloaded the trial version. And I am lost! Everything I click on seems to pop-up (list reading drive or list writing drive) I have not yet found where to do this. It isn't accepting anything I am trying to do. I know I am not extremely computer literate. It is usually a trial and error(yes, I am learning though) Therefore, I will apprecciate any help or info I can get.
Thanks alot
Old December 17th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Exclamation How the drives are detected

The Microstudio 2.312 demo automatically detects all CDR and CDROM drives on the computer. It then asks each what they are able to do. If the drive answers back that it is not able to read/write the Karaoke CDG format, then we do not present the drive in the Reading and Writing Drive list boxes.

In the Microstudio Custom Assembly Tab, click the Audio button (not Karaoke) and you will see your drives. You can do the same thing in the Import Tracks Tab by clicking the WAV versus CDG button. If your drive appears with Audio or WAV selected, you know Microstudio is detecting the Lite On drive. If it does not appear with Karaoke or CDG, then the drive is answering back it is not able to read or write CDG discs.

We are testing Microstudio 2.314 right now. It has a new "Detect Drives" button that shows you each CDR/CDROM drive and if it can do Karaoke and Audio (all will do Audio). That way, we allow you to control the "testing" to see if Microstudio is working correctly.
Old December 17th, 2001, 12:22 PM

I did your little test and it does show my Lite-On under the audio. But not when trying to use the CD+G. If that is the case I assume my burner isn't capable to do CD+G. But then, how has it burned CD+G cd's. It does a good job until I get to songs 6+ then the letters and words start breaking up. Sometimes it looks like 2 or 3 lines are on top of each other. On a few of my cd's it has even copied the first 10 fine. And on another one 1-18 was good then 19 was messed up. I am really confused now! HELP
Thanks alot
Old December 17th, 2001, 06:58 PM

Sounds like your brand of media you are using or mabye the burn speed.

Please post the type of CDR or CDRW you are using and speeds used for burning.
Old December 17th, 2001, 09:18 PM

We are using smartbuy at the moment. Burn speeds have been anywhere from 1X, MAX, 10X and 8X. We have tried a various number of speeds.
Old January 28th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Typical failure mode after track 7

darkis67, the problem you are seeing with the letters breaking up after track 6 or 7 is typical of a CDR drive that is not capable of properly writing the CDG format. This is one of the failure modes we document at our CDR page.

Have you made any progress on this since December?
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:16 PM

Talking New to burning CDG's

Hello, Thank you for your response. After using all the options I knew of, we returned the CDburner we originally bought. We turned around and bought a Plextor. Love it!! Have not had any trouble at all. I will highly recommend buying one. Thanks again, and on my way to burning!
Darkis67
Old February 20th, 2002, 03:23 PM

LTR24102B

Hi! I purchased KHP, Microstudio and Vogone a few months ago. Just bought a new computer than came with a...you guessed it...Lite-On LTR24102B CD burner and a Matsushita DVD burner. Any new ideas since the last post in this thread, or am I destined to need a new CD burner just to burn CD+G's.

Thanks,

Mike
Old February 21st, 2002, 10:18 AM

JUST AS WELL GET WITH MTU AND PURCHASE ONE OF THEIR PLEXTOR CDRW THAT THEY HAVE CERTIFIED. YOU WON'T BE SATISFIED UNTILL YOU DO. I HAVE GREAT RESULTS WITH MINE.