MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 11th, 2011, 07:34 PM

2nd soundcard headphone not working

I purchased a new Hercules DJ controller Console Rmx, I set it up as the second soundcard for headphone use only as I did with my Hercules Mk2 controller, but I'm having no luck with this setup..

Does Hoster program able to work with ASIO soundcard drivers?

Thanks,
Joe....
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Re: 2nd soundcard headphone not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
I purchased a new Hercules DJ controller Console Rmx, I set it up as the second soundcard for headphone use only as I did with my Hercules Mk2 controller, but I'm having no luck with this setup..

Does Hoster program able to work with ASIO soundcard drivers?

Thanks,
Joe....
Hoster uses Microsoft's interface audio cards. If your "Hercules DJ controller Console" is a card or USB box that Windows recognizes, the Hoster should also.

With optical drive interface software such as Nero that totally takes control of the drive, even when you're not running Nero, there is nothing we can do other than tell you to un-install it.

If the ASIO drivers totally take over the audio path (and signal processing), then Hercules Co. may prevent "it" from being used by other software. If that is the case, I don't hold much hope for you to get Hoster using it as an "audio card". If that is the case, contact Hercules Co. and complain to them. They should allow their "card" or USB box to be a sound device.

PS: I'm not the final answer on this from MTU: MTUSUPPORT would be.
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

When you open Tools/Audio controls, do you see the second sound card listed there in the drop down boxes? If so select it then press OK. If you select it as the 2nd audio card and it recognizes it an extra volume control appears in the search dialog top right hand side.
This extra volume control will still appear after unplugging the sound card until you go back to the audio controls and press OK again.

I should think if it doesn't show in the audio controls then it will not be supported.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:11 AM

Using my Hercules DJ Console Mk2 controller, I opened the Mk2 control panel and changed the audio mode from "WDM" which does work to "ASIO" and it stopped working, when I change it back to "WDM" it does work.

The problem, In the Hoster drop down 2nd card option only shows the "Hercules DJ Console Mk2" and doesn't show the Hercules DJ Console Mk2 ASIO option, so If I can't choose it from the drop list, because its not there, then this would be the reason it doesn't work...

If the drop list would show all available cards then it will be easier to configure your options..

Please see jpg attachments

Thanks,
Joe...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Controller DJ Console Mk2 & Hoster.JPG (81.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Controller DJ Console Mk2 & Hoster2.JPG (42.1 KB, 8 views)
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

I take it you have a DJ program on the same computer and it works with that ?

I would think your selecting it from the Hercules control panel would be all that is necessary for Hoster to find it.

Have you tried selecting it from widows control panel.

If not it may be some other problem, a driver problem for your Hercules perhaps. :http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php...&pid=215&cid=1

Hoster on the other hand does not support midi interfaces so why not just use a second sound card.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; August 12th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:33 PM

I've been using my Mk2 as a second soundcard for headphones for years now and it works, but it seems that if you need to use it with a ASIO driver instead it doesn't work because it can't be choosen in Hoster on the 2nd soundcard option menu.....I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work in Hoster if a multi card option was available in the drop down list...

Yes I do use a DJ program and can choose the "WDM" or a "ASIO" driver for my Hercules Mk2 soundcard headphone to work, My primary Master soundcard is a M-Audio NRV-10 with ten channels....

I only use my Hercules Soundcard for Headphone use Only in both programs, Karaoke and DJin'...the controller is midi for DJin' control, effects & tempo..

As far as the windows soundcard setup, I'm using xPro os, you could setup one card at a time which is my NRV-10 for Master & Record...

My new Hercules DJ Console Rmx Soundcard Controller works with an ASIO driver that has to be choosen by the program in order for it to work....

Thanks,
Joe....
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Joe, first off, not having one of these controllers myself I don't know how to set them up but just trying to give you some ideas that may help.

This is why I'm thinking could you enable it in Windows sounds and Audio devices first then see if it appears in the Hoster selection box.

When you open Windows audio properties which I would do by right clicking the speaker icon on the task bar and selecting "Adjust Audio Properties" then Audio tab, in the default sound playback choose your "NRV-10" sound card, in the bottom box which reads "Sound recording default device" can you not find the asio option there? Obviously you would have to have it plugged in and enabled in it's own settings before trying this. if so press OK then see if it is available in Hoster.

If it doesn't show then I am out of ideas and just wish you the best of luck, perhaps others have experience of this type of set up and can help.
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your input with this, The Hercules DJ Console Rmx does show up in the Hoster 2nd card drop list even though it's not configured in the windows audio control panel.

The problem is that Hoster defaults to the "WDM" driver and it doesn't show the ASIO driver as an option in the drop down options list, if it did, then it would be no problem because the ASIO driver has to be choosen in order to route the signal....

If you look at the above jpg examples you'll see how this works...

Thanks Roy...
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The problem, In the Hoster drop down 2nd card option only shows the "Hercules DJ Console Mk2" and doesn't show the Hercules DJ Console Mk2 ASIO option, so If I can't choose it from the drop list, because its not there, then this would be the reason it doesn't work...
We can ONLY display what the manufacturer makes available to Windows. It appears that - as a sound device - Hercules doesn't present to Windows as TWO separate devices.

We can't access what Hercules doesn't make available to Windows. Sorry...
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM

Then how do you explain the ASIO driver showing up in a DJ windows program as a soundcard driver and not in the Hoster program......Just Asking...

The soundcard ASIO driver is made available by activating it from the task bar Hercules soundcard control panel, where it then shows up as an option in the windows DJ program...and it works..

Hoster does pick up on My Hercules soundcard even though it is Not setup in the Windows Soundcard control panel, so it's not like my Hercules soundcard is some strange cheap non windows compliant soundcard, there are millions of them sold worldwide and at $350.00 it's disappointing, not sure what you mean by "We can't access what Hercules doesn't make available to Windows.", the fact is, it does work in other windows programs...

Look here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Windows DJ Program with Hercules ASIO Option2.JPG (66.2 KB, 7 views)
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Then how do you explain the ASIO driver showing up in a DJ windows program as a soundcard driver and not in the Hoster program......Just Asking...

The soundcard ASIO driver is made available by activating it from the task bar Hercules soundcard control panel, where it then shows up as an option in the windows DJ program...and it works..

Hoster does pick up on My Hercules soundcard even though it is Not setup in the Windows Soundcard control panel, so it's not like my Hercules soundcard is some strange cheap non windows compliant soundcard, there are millions of them sold worldwide and at $350.00 it's disappointing, not sure what you mean by "We can't access what Hercules doesn't make available to Windows.", the fact is, it does work in other windows programs...

Look here...
Don't know Joe. It's a good question. To my knowledge we display all hardware "cards" available, but we HIDE all "virtual devices", mostly created by Windows. Maybe this ASIO device is appearing as a virtual device.

We can't diagnose this without a Hercules card with the ASIO interface. Do you have a spare Hercules card we could use? Then we can at least see if the ASIO is appearing as a virtual device.
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:18 PM

I just got back from Atlanta, if I knew that I could have dropped mine off to yeah, I'm looking at some other things that might help, but any soundcard with ASIO drivers would work the same way that mine does...

I do have a Spare Hercules Mk2 soundcard controller with ASIO drivers that I can ship to you if it will help....No problem..

Thanks,
Joe...
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I just got back from Atlanta, if I knew that I could have dropped mine off to yeah, I'm looking at some other things that might help, but any soundcard with ASIO drivers would work the same way that mine does...

I do have a Spare Hercules Mk2 soundcard controller with ASIO drivers that I can ship to you if it will help....No problem..

Thanks,
Joe...
Joe, I'm interested in addressing this problem, but now is not possible with out current schedule. You are the only one reporting this problem, so it is not critical.

Once we start on Hoster 5.10, we would be opening up the code where this card would be registering and could look at it them. If you would, post here in December to remind me.

As I said before, the only reason I can think of why Hoster doesn't identify your ASIO card is it is appearing as a "virtual device" under Windows. We block them as Windows creates MANY that have no hardware behind them. If that is the case, we will have to be able to identify this card (and other ASIO's as you say) out of the Windows muck-mire. Over my head, but our programmer may have some ideas.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Once we start on Hoster 5.10, we would be opening up the code where this card would be registering and could look at it them. If you would, post here in December to remind me.

Any new thoughts on this? I am still having an issue with this as well. Actually on two different computers now since I came across a new soundcard for my laptop. I've acquired an Echo Indigo DJX soundcard real cheap, and was hoping to use the 2 outputs for Hoster. I am now convinced that it is these "virtual" devices that were causing my problems here.

What was the reasoning behind hiding "virtual" sound devices? Any chance maybe we could get a registry setting to allow us to show these devices?