MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 27th, 2006, 07:33 AM

Angry magoo

when I go to keyrite..why are there no songs in my default folder (songs)
where do I go to find the songs I have downloaded and need to change the key? There are no songs there, cdg or wav. When I go to write disc, the songs appear..this has made me crazy for several days now..I really need HELP!
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM

When you click on SELECT INPUT FILE, a search box opens. You set the path to your default folder with the LOOK IN pull down menu.

You then select either .CDG or .WAV with the pull down menu next to FILES OF TYPE All the .CDG or .WAV files in the folder you specified will be displayed for selection.

If the files do not have .CDG or .WAV extensions on the filename, nothing will be displayed.

Am confused also as there is no "WRITE TO DISC" feature in Keywrite.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

If you are referring to going from Microstudio to Keyrite after importing song files and you don't see them, then that would be because Microstudio doesn't import them as .cdg or .wav but uses the .bin extension. You will have to go to that folder in Windows Explorer and change the .bin on the files to .cdg for Keyrite to recognize them. The .bin and .cdg are the same format.

This is known by MTU and will need to be fixed in next Keyrite update. At least I think I saw that somewhere in here? Best bet would be to add a thread in the New Features section to let them know for sure.

Last edited by ddouglass; November 27th, 2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:31 AM

Save a lot of confusion also if they would allow a choice of saving to CDG or BIN in Microstudio for the convenience of several years of customers who, due to MTU's thinking at the time, have saved as CDG.

If they are unwilling to do that, then include a batch conversion from CDG to BIN for the umpteen customers who have a ton of CDG files on their hard drives. Not speaking for myself. I don't store files. After written to disc, they're history.

I didn't notice MAGOO's join date and thought the problem was in navigating in Keyrite. Getting more confusing trying to help people.

MHO

Last edited by George; November 27th, 2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Actually the fix would be to add .BIN to the Keyrite, KHPro and Vogone programs as acceptable extension and resolve it all the way around since that is the direction that MTU and everyone else is going.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Actually the fix would be to add .BIN to the Keyrite, KHPro and Vogone programs as acceptable extension and resolve it all the way around since that is the direction that MTU and everyone else is going.
ADD BIN, yes. Replace CDG with it does nothing to help the existing customer base unless they provide a batch connversion tool.

I don't see them(the customers) taking it very kindly to being forced to changing the extensions on each file individually, or not doing any further upgrades.

Those would be their options if neither (1)both CDG and BIN, or (2) a batch conversion tool were provided.
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Batchname is a freeware program that will rename the files with no trouble. It will even process an entire directory of files. use google, and find it.
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:46 PM

Angry Magoo

WELL PEOPLE... ALL I KNOW IS THAT WHEN I DOWNLOAD ANY SONG BE IT KARAOKE ( GD-G) OR WAV..NOTHING SHOWS IN THE BOX WHERE I SELECT A SONG FOR KEY CHANGE WITH KEYRITE. WHEN I GO TO WRITE DISK, AND PEPARE TO WITE A DISK..ALL THE SONGS APPEAR IN THE DEFAULT FOLDER (SONGS)..VERY CONFUSING..AND I NEED TO CHANGE SEVER SONG KEYS..CAN'T GET HELP FROM MTU..WON'T ANSWER THE PHONE.. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! THANKS!
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM

MAGOO,

Are you getting the same results when you access Keyrite directly, and not through Microstudio?
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Question magoo

I have the newest version of Microstudio..and the newest version of keyrite it goes through Microstudio anyway...can open Vogone and KHP but just can't find where my songs are going. It says the default folder is : songs, a folder in Microstudio.through it....just don't understand...

Last edited by magoo; November 27th, 2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: had not completed my thought
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM

I May Be Wrong, But I believe that "Songs" directory is c:/program files/Micro....../keyrite/songs or possibly c:/program files/Micro....../Microstudio/songs

Last edited by gduns - with the Lord; November 27th, 2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Since you have the latest Microstudio, try this:
Open Microstudio, select one of the songs you wish to change and right click on it.
Select Rename and change the file extension (3 characters after the period) from BIN to CDG.
Then click on Keyrite to open it and see if you can see the one file you just changed. If so then go back to Microstudio and repeat for each of the song files you need to change.
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:04 PM

Magoo

It doesn't say Bin..it says CDG..can't EVEN find the word Bin...I know what it is, I just don't know where my songs go so I can change the key. I know how to get to the default folder " songs"..but there is never anything in it after I download my songs..CRAZY!!!
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Why don't you try doing a search for one of your song titles and see if that will lead you to the folder where they are being stored.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Im in the same boat as you

I can't figure out how to change the .bin files to .cdg files I have been using microstudio and keyrite for over 5 years but the new version are getting to me, I can't use the keyrite either, I have sent personal mesg to several members still nothing and you can forget getting help from MTU
Debbie
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

If set to default by MTU should be "C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio\songs" If that isn't the folder you will have to search for the folder you set as the default folder by checking Tools/Default Folder in Microstudio.
Use windows explorer to find the folder the files are in. Find the file you want to work with, right click on it and click on "Rename". Highlight the last 3 characters (BIN) and type in"CDG". Simple as that.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
It doesn't say Bin..it says CDG..can't EVEN find the word Bin...I know what it is, I just don't know where my songs go so I can change the key. I know how to get to the default folder " songs"..but there is never anything in it after I download my songs..CRAZY!!!
In Microstudio go to Tools/Default Folder and find the path to the folder. Use windows explorer to find the folder the files are in. Find the file you want to work with, right click on it and click on "Rename". Highlight the last 3 characters (BIN) and type in"CDG". Simple as that. For Keyrite to see the song files it must have a ".cdg" on the end of the file name. That is as simple as I can get it.
Old November 28th, 2006, 07:57 AM

You will not even see the file extension if you dont have them turned on in the windows explorer Tools/folder options/hide extensions for known filetypes this option must be unchecked.

The Extension is the 3 characters that follow the filename.

IE: sc4566.cdg or sc4566.bin
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyhangers View Post
I can't figure out how to change the .bin files to .cdg files I have been using microstudio and keyrite for over 5 years but the new version are getting to me, I can't use the keyrite either, I have sent personal mesg to several members still nothing and you can forget getting help from MTU
Debbie
I guess everyone ignores the fact that that MTU staff sorely needed a break and took THANKSGIVING off.

If you need critical help, use our Support Center and submit a Support Ticket. However, when on Holiday, we don't review these requests until we return to work. These Forums are for "peer-to-peer" help, but I do monitor them also.

Simply put, Keyrite should allow opening .BIN extension filenames. It was an oversight on our part.

We will create new release this week and send an email with a download link to everyone who has the current version.