MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Price of karaoke shows.

I just came back from a short vacation in Las Vegas. After losing most of my gambling budget(it didn't take long) I stopped at a karaoke show. The energy in the room was fantastic. Our shows in Chicago are great, but a bar full of people on vacation made for a great time. The host was pleasant and professional. My question is, what is the going rate for a karaoke show in Las Vegas? In Chicago,depending on the area, we get between $200 and $350. Just curious.
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM
VIP

Depends on location & saturation levels of companies (not to mention the dead beat pirate companies that download everything free or buy pre loaded hard drives). Around here the going rate is anywhere from $75-$150 anymore.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:03 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilichili1 View Post
I just came back from a short vacation in Las Vegas. After losing most of my gambling budget(it didn't take long) I stopped at a karaoke show. The energy in the room was fantastic. Our shows in Chicago are great, but a bar full of people on vacation made for a great time. The host was pleasant and professional. My question is, what is the going rate for a karaoke show in Las Vegas? In Chicago,depending on the area, we get between $200 and $350. Just curious.
Hmm, I actually hear of one person in your area that was traveling two hours to get to a 75 dollar show. Do you mean weekends, weekdays, and/or guaranteed weekly shows , say every Tuesday for example.
Around here the latter is around 75-150.

Old March 20th, 2008, 12:59 PM

Things are getting tough around here, price wise, but I rarely send anyone out for less than $150. Lonman said rates in his area were 75-150 as well. Neither of you said what part of the country you were in. (let me know)
I think we all would agree that piracy and pre-loaded hard drives are at the root of our problem.
I am **** proud of my 12,000 song catalog. My wife and I worked hard, and sacrificed allot, to PURCHASE every single disc. Yet, operations are popping up in our area at a staggering rate boasting 25,000, 35,000 even 45,000 songs. They wave their fifty pound karaoke books under the noses of my customers and temp them with pricing that I could never compete with.
To everyone who operates a karaoke company in accordance with American copy write laws, I salute you and will stand at your side as we fight to keep our little piece of the American dream. To those of you that choose to compete at an unfair advantage, with music you didn't pay for, your time will come.
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM
VIP

Actually we both list our location, it's on the same line as our screen name on the right hand side of the screen. I'm in Tacoma, WA & Bryant is in Winslow, Maine!

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old March 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilichili1 View Post
Things are getting tough around here, price wise, but I rarely send anyone out for less than $150. Lonman said rates in his area were 75-150 as well. Neither of you said what part of the country you were in. (let me know)
I think we all would agree that piracy and pre-loaded hard drives are at the root of our problem.
I am **** proud of my 12,000 song catalog. My wife and I worked hard, and sacrificed allot, to PURCHASE every single disc. Yet, operations are popping up in our area at a staggering rate boasting 25,000, 35,000 even 45,000 songs. They wave their fifty pound karaoke books under the noses of my customers and temp them with pricing that I could never compete with.
To everyone who operates a karaoke company in accordance with American copy write laws, I salute you and will stand at your side as we fight to keep our little piece of the American dream. To those of you that choose to compete at an unfair advantage, with music you didn't pay for, your time will come.
Are you using a computer that you transferred all your purchased cdg to & archiving the discs or just discs?
I purchase each and every disc as well, up to a shade over 11,000 (non-duplicated) songs myself since 92. Everything in my computer is completely accountable for if anyone ever wanted to 'audit' my hard drive, all my discs are with me at every show (for back up purpose as well) that I can show on the spot 1:1 match to my computer files.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old March 20th, 2008, 09:54 PM

I have been running computers for about five years, and I too would welcome an audit of my collection. I don't carry the discs with me though (too much work) That's one of the reasons I went to computers to begin with.
Too many people see the computer age as a free ticket to cheat themselves into "OUR" business. This industry belongs to you and me and anyone else that sets aside a chunk of their hard earned money to legally purchase karaoke discs.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM

yep

my wife and I also pride ourselfs on our appx 12,000 songs any more then that songs are to old (dont wana play for the old folks home)
but excited about finally going digital.Been doing shows for 8 years
about time huh.
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:41 PM

Cool price of karaoke shows

I live in the northwoods of Wisconsin and I get $300.00 for private parties and $500.00 to $700.00 for weddings. I am trying to stay out of the bars because they only want to pay $150.00. (I charge $200.00) I do have my regular bars but of course some new person will come along and charge $125.00 to "get in". Than the bar calls me back and wants me to come back and play for them for MY PRICE! Some bars I will go back the other ones i say they can get what they pay for!!! and I will not return. This is my ONLY job, and yes I should not refuse, but when a bar wants me every friday for $150.00 that means I am stuck there. I would rather keep my fridays open for private parties. I do not advertise it is word of mouth. I am 100% legal and own only one system. I know other people say they are legal but they run 3 systems all off of one cdg to me that is not legal.
I can take me up to two hours to set up since i do everything myself. Am I complaining OH NO, but $150.00 does not cut it for me. I buy new music every month. I pride myself of having the current top music in my shows and with buying my props, hats, sunglasses, noisemakers, etc. And of course Lights. Lights..Lights. I do need to cover my expenses.
I LOVE what i do and thank everyone i work for with a little note i mail to them. Little touches like that make them feel real good and it gets me more parties. By the way I am a 50 year young female and having the time of my life doing this.