MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Unhappy Dual plextor drive confusion

I built a computer for my uncle who runs a karaoke business. I installed 2 Plextor PX-716A drives and he is running Microstudio 6.10. When creating a custom assembly disc, he gets confused with the the 'Reading Drive' and 'Writing Drive' selection because it doesn't list the drive letters. Is it possible to display the drive letters in these boxes? Or is this issue corrected with version 6.11 or 6.12? The only other way I can think of fixing this problem is to have a different firmware version on each drive, however I would prefer not to go down that road.
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:45 PM

Currently there is no way to do this in the way Microstudio Reads the drives.

You will need to just figure out which drive is which and put a label on it for him.

This is how I have done it in the past.
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:14 PM

Unhappy

Problem is that both drives are identical. So the only way he can tell which is which is the order in the drop-down list. Which isn't a big deal for me because I have a pretty good understanding of computers. However, my uncle is new to the whole computer thing. Maybe I will just have to try different firmware versions for now. Any idea of when or if the drive letters will be displayed in this box?
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think what Bryan was saying is set the write and read drives for him in the program and then physically label the drives on the front so he knows which one is which.
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Cool

For some reason, sometimes the drop down list will default to the top drive for both read and write. I explained to him to make sure to select the bottom drive in the list for his write drive (corresponding to the physically bottom drive in the tower). And this has been the solution for the past 3 weeks. I just thought it might be easier to have a different label for each drive in the drop down box as opposed to just the physical placement in the list.