MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Question runtime error

when i try to "write cdg" i get this popup that says "visual c++ runtime library runtime error. what the heck is that? i know this is probably an xp problem, but does anyone out there know how to fix it? thanks
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

What operating system? What type of computer (laptyop or desktop)?
Have you done all the updates from Microsoft? This means the "Custom Updates" not the Automatic or Express updates.
The other thing is what type of CD drive is it and have you checked for any Firmware updates for the drive?
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM

runtime error

i have xp, home edition,version 2002, service pack 3, Intel (R), Celeron (R) cpu 3.20 GHz, 1.49GB of Ram,Plextor-px-716A. Yes all updates are current. Desktop. How do i update the cd drive? also in the forum i read about "netframework 2.0" should i get this? thanks for your quick response.
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiewire View Post
i have xp, home edition,version 2002, service pack 3, Intel (R), Celeron (R) cpu 3.20 GHz, 1.49GB of Ram,Plextor-px-716A. Yes all updates are current. Desktop. How do i update the cd drive? also in the forum i read about "netframework 2.0" should i get this? thanks for your quick response.

Yes, get 2.0 then get 3.0.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That is why you go to Microsoft Updates (Start/Windows or Microsoft Update) and do the "Custom Updates" That will get you the .net Framework updates and any other software and hardware updates.
For you Plextor drive go to Plextors website. Look for Support Updates to find the latest firmware for your drive.
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:31 AM

runtime error

thanks for your reply. i mentioned in my first message i was current in my xp updates, and as far as i can understand the plextor update info from the plextor web site there isn't any updates available since it is an embedded hard drive unit. i am having problems understanding how to get the netframework installed. on the microsoft info site it only has updates to the framework how do i get the original or beginning framework so i can update it. thanks (i know i know im an idiot for not understanding it)
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Honor Roll

If the only option you get on microsoft's site is an update, then you already have the .net framework installed. Chose the custom updates on the left. Let it install ALL updates. Then go back and do it again. Keep choosing custom updates until it tells you there are none. As far as the drive goes, go to the manufacturer's web site, usually under support, and find all the hardware updates for your machine. They will give you instructions there how to install the different updates.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
thanks for your reply. i mentioned in my first message i was current in my xp updates, and as far as i can understand the plextor update info from the plextor web site there isn't any updates available since it is an embedded hard drive unit. i am having problems understanding how to get the netframework installed. on the microsoft info site it only has updates to the framework how do i get the original or beginning framework so i can update it. thanks (i know i know im an idiot for not understanding it)
If you were current in all the updates you would have already loaded .net Framework.
Go to Microsoft Update (in your Start menu). When it opens click on "Custom Updates" It will analyze your computer then tell you anything that is missing and needs to be installed. These are listed in 4 sections (Critical, Windows(?), Software and Hardware). I would do all of them but not necessarily all at the same time. You will have to go back in several times as when you do some updates others will become needed for fixing them.Microsoft's quirky system.
Your Plextor is a CD/DVD drive not a hard drive and does have firmware updates. Microstudio will show you what version of firmware you have currently (last item in name) in the drive selection area under Tools.
This is the link for your Plextor model http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...s/firm_716.htm
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:29 PM

runtime error

Geeeeeeezzzzzz, this is crazy. i went to the plextor web site and it said in black and white there were no updates or upgrades to my plextor burner. now you have all these upgrades. ill never understand it. thanks millions guys. ill go now and see if i can find any more updates at microsoft. hell i thought i had them all. i went to custom and did it at least four times not long ago. ill keep you informed if my problem still exsist. thanks again.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

If you still have the error after you check and update those try uninstalling Hoster and re-installing it.
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM

http://search.microsoft.com/results....ror.&mkt=en-us

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:09 AM

runtime error

FINALLY....ok here's how i fixed it with all you guys help. i went to the file i wanted to burn to cdg, then clicked on compatiability. that got rid of the runtime error message and the file was successful in burning. thanks to all of your suggestions.