MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 20th, 2002, 10:16 AM

Wink Sound choice

Got all my software here and have had no problems with any disk yet.. Have been very happy with all, especially the fact that it not only copies the disk but does individual tracks... thats cool..
the only program I have had problems with is vocal reduction program.. it doesnt seem to do much good.. so I have turned to midi files and change to wavs then put the words in.. any suggestions on vogone would be appreciated..
signed, addict (hehehehe) this is sooo much fun.
tinman
Old June 20th, 2002, 01:38 PM

Hi Tinman,
I don't know if you saw an earlier post of mine on Vogone, It does
improve the finished track.
Using Sound Forge is the best way I have found to produce tracks, If you use Vogone the same as you would your media player, to record into Sound Forge or similar softwear, you can controll when the vocal remover is in use as you are recording,
Press RECORD in Sound Forge then PLAY VOGONE, in Vogone, and as your song plays you can adjust the vocal removal slider as you go, dropping back to nothing when there is an instrumental or chorus section, leaving them untouched, and then back to full Vocal removal where the singer is. You can do the same with the PLAY ORIGINAL and PLAY VOGONE buttons while recording, but these are slightly more brutal. Then once you have done, you can then use Sound Forge to clean it up add a bit more bass if needed, adjust the volume and so on. even convert to mono. Hope this helps.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old June 20th, 2002, 02:08 PM

vogone etc

I am surprised I didnt think to use it like that. I have all kinds of software ( the band records alot) .. I will give it a try.. Thanks
Old June 25th, 2002, 08:03 AM

Question What The

I can't beleive the direction the posts have taken us on this thread, it started with needing help to back up Media Cloq Sound Choice discs, and has gone all over.
FYI Sound Choice has stopped using Media Cloq untill they can get it to work on the DVD-CD-CD+G players. How do I know? I talked with customer service at Sound Choice and ordered some foundation #2's and some bricks, there are here and have no Media Cloq.
So buy now and get clean discs
Old June 27th, 2002, 03:05 AM

I have been having great luck burning SC discs by ignoring the last minute of the last track until I purchased 8700 & 8717 for some of my regular singers requests. These two discs have the newer version of Mediaclog and NONE of the tracks can be inported since the first 25 sectors are the ones blocked. It really pisses me off since I printed my books already and I WILL NOT send out originals to a show. Plus, my new Plextor 1610 stopped functioning after only 6 copies, but that is a nother story.
Old June 27th, 2002, 11:35 AM

Regarding media clog, and ways around it I think open discussion is a two way sword. On the one hand, it's great to be able to share our methods of working around it, while on the other hand we're telling the opposition what we're doing. If you don't believe for a moment that S.C doesn't monitor these forums, then I've got a hot land developement deal in Arizona for you.

I'm not suuesting we stop sharing ideas, not suggesting anything, just an observation. Sure a catch 22. Wonder if MTU could make it possible for us to send a blanket private message that would reach all subscribers to a given thread ?????
What say ADMIN?

I truly believe Bryan Cox is on to something. He's asked for those successful in getting around Media clog to advise him what model burner they use, and what version Firmware is on it. (page 4 above)

He agreed with me when I concluded from that, that if someone has a burner that's successfully copying around media clog they should not go to the burner manufacturer's site and download latest firmware, it could contain Media clog. If everything else is working fine, leave well enough alone. Apparantly burner manufacturers are going along with the insanity(thanks to Napster).

Enough of the soapbox
Old August 8th, 2002, 10:29 PM

THANK YOU DJNickieK.....The import track thing worked just like you said. Thanks Again
Old September 24th, 2002, 11:41 PM

Smile Re: Microstudio can backup MediaCloq protected discs

Quote:
Originally posted by DJNickieK
This is my first post in this type of open forum - but I figured I would share what I have accomplished with using Microstudio. I use a plextor cd-rom drive as my reader and a yamaha drive as my recorder. Admin Note: The "magic" seems to be in the SCSI Plextor CDROM drive that can read the MediaCloq protected discs. MTU's certified CD Burners can be used in place of the Yamaha drive for writing the new disc.

I have succesfully copied every Sound Choice spotlights disc with the mediaclog protection on it.

I have used the Import Tracks Tab to bring in each track numbered 1-14. I have then used the following technique for track number 15.

I allow Microstudio to begin loading the 15th track onto my hard drive. After about a minute or two Microstudio will come to a point where it can longer read any more info on the disc because of the mediacloq portection. At this point, I simply hit the eject button on my cdr drive. This causes Microstudio to end the current operation, but it still stores the cdg track info in its entirety on my hard drive!

I then simply add track 15 from my hard drive as the last song in the Custom Assmebly Tab project. Then, I write a new CDG disc. Each one has been perfect and I can then duplicate these for backup purposes (of course!). Hope this little bit of info helps anyone else who's had similar problems.

Also I would like to say that this Microstudio program is by far the best of any type I have ever used. Thanks for making a great easy to use product.

Thanks, Nickie K.
Old September 24th, 2002, 11:52 PM

Smile Mediaclog on Chartbuster?

I recently ordered custom made CDs from MYCDG.com and found that, not only are the Soundchoice disks protected, but they also protect the custom made Chartbuster disks. I got around it the same way that I do the Soundchoice (just like DJNickieK). Import the tracks in and when the last track stops recording, hit the eject on the CDRW. It still saves the last track on the computer. Then just custom assemble them. PS: Dont import the 'mystery track' (the extra track) Thanks DJNickieK. I payed $5 per song. That's $75 a disk. I definately didnt want to even play them in my own player at home, let alone take them to a show!!
Old September 25th, 2002, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by George
Regarding media clog, and ways around it I think open discussion is a two way sword. On the one hand, it's great to be able to share our methods of working around it, while on the other hand we're telling the opposition what we're doing. If you don't believe for a moment that S.C doesn't monitor these forums, then I've got a hot land developement deal in Arizona for you.
George,

There are hundreds of places on the internet for young people to get keys and codes to crack copy protection schemes. This activity is illegal but it is NOT illegal to make backup copies of CD's or CDG's that we own to protect our business investment (newbies should be aware that backup copies cannot be used to do a second show). Sound Choice cannot protect themselves from those who want to cheat. As more KJ's do their shows on a PC the copy protection now being used will become irrelevent.

Steve
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:19 PM

Steve,

Purchasing Media clog work around software and exposing detailed instructions on how to circumvent media clog as they apply it, without having to buy the workaround software, so they can simply change their method of using it are two different animals, so let's not mix apples and oranges, o.k.?

George
Old September 25th, 2002, 09:27 PM

George,

Your right that in the case of Sound Choice it's a procedural thing that is the workaround.

Note that many youngsters go to websites and get these "cracks" at no cost to them and these cracks may alter the registry or the installation files.

Steve
Old October 16th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Blocked from Forums

I purchased songs downloaded from koolkaraoke,com all but one downloaded and im darned if i can load them on to cd (copy protection eh) there must be a way ?? can anyone help. i aint buying anymore from koolkaraoke until i can put them on my own cd
Old October 16th, 2002, 10:37 AM

Well Betamax-UK you may have stumbled on to something we have not seen before. The Kool Karaoke site tells that they are selling karaoke tracks from Chartbuster, and from our old friends, Sound Choice.
Knowing what we do about Sound Choice it would make sense that some form of protection was attached. Have you asked Kool Kareoke if that was the case?? If not get it straight from them, and let us know, OK?

Jim
Old October 16th, 2002, 11:51 AM

BETAMAX-UK

Did the tracks you purchased from KOOLKARAOKE.COM
play in Microstudio, or did you have to buy their software? Just wondering how bugged their material is.

Thanks,

George
Old October 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Blocked from Forums

yeh george you hit the nail on the head they only play on their software cant import them to microstudio
Old October 16th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Blocked from Forums

As anyone tried getting a reply to their emails from koolkaraoke they have my money now they dont seem interested been waiting days for a reply my advice stay from them
Old October 16th, 2002, 04:32 PM

BETAMAX-UK
That would be a "sound choice"

Do you have a home model cd burner? if so you could export the audio tracks to a cdrw, then import them to KHP, and add your own graphics. Extra work, for sure, but on some long winter's eve, what the heck. At least you'd have them on cd's.

Take care,

George
Old October 16th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Frequent Member

This may answer the question at hand- retrieved off of Kool Karaoke.com's site-
Your Question:
What is Digital Karaoke Songs?

The Answer:
Digital music sounds just like music that you would find on a music CD. Our digital music is stored in Windows Media Audio (WMA) format, which is something like an .MP3 file, with two exceptions: the sound quality is much better, and WMA enables us to secure the music to prevent piracy, enabling you to download this music from us at a very inexpensive rate!

One slight draw back to digital music is the file size. One WMA file will take over 10 minutes to download on a modem. High speed internet users will have no problem, however.

For your convienience, we have created a software application called "Digital Download Manager". It is a small program that you install, and it makes downloading and saving your purchased digital music files effortless and safe!
Old October 16th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Blocked from Forums

Hey george your not steven hawkens by any chance lol