MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 1st, 2004, 02:32 AM

Was My $140 Spent In Vain???

Alright here we go!!Purchased your KHPro pack a few days ago.
Tring to install on a AMD 1.3 system that is dedicated to audio
& video, so I've been tring to do the floppy thing to unlock
the software. Been tring to do this for the last couple of a days.
I've read through your faq sections and double checked
everything but still no luck. I'm running Win98se on the system.
All the software's in the pack install fine at first till it comes
to the floppy change out. The KHPro won't registar to your web
site and only shows the screen telling me to take the disc to
another computer to connect to the internet which is the one I'm
connecting with. The Microstudio registers but then tells me my
serial number is wrong. (sound familar) In frustration, I tried
installing on the laptop I downloaded the software on at the time
of purchase. It installed and authorized perfectly. I'm running
WinXPpro on the laptop if that makes a difference. So there you
have it. Was my $140 dollars spent in vain???
Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM

JerryB,
You have a few Problems it sounds like.

You have gotten the software to go through the Installation One time, for you to have a serial number for one product on the Floppy Disc. This is why you are able to install the Microstudio Software, but have the "Wrong Serial Number" error. What you must do for the Floppy Install is follow the below Instructions, you must do this exactly for Each Product.

1) Double click on the mstudio2604setup.exe to begin the Installation.

2) Go through the Installation, accpeting the License and typing in your correct Information. Make sure that you type in the correct RegCode for Microstudio and your correct Email address that was use when you purchased the product.

3) Now when it gets to the point where it asks you to place a floppy disc in the drive, put a new blank floppy disk in the drive. Click Next.

4) When you get the page that tells you to take the Floppy disk to your computer that is connected to the Internet to finish the registration, make sure that you click the FINISH button before you remove the Floppy disk. If you don't click the finish button before you remove the disk it will not write the correct information to the Floppy.

5) Take the Floppy disk to your Internet connected computer. Open My computer. Double click on Runme.exe.

6) The program should now come up and tell you that the information is going to be transfered to our site. Click Next. You should then get a Trasmitting Dialog box. Then it should come back and tell you Thank You. Once you click Finish, take the disc back to your other computer, that you are installing the product on.

7) Place the newly created disc back in the original computer (where the product is going to be installed). Now begin the Installation of the Program that you are trying to install, as you did in Step 1. This time, it will start the installation and find all of the information that it needs and skip directly to asking you where you want to install the files. Once you get to the end of the installation, this product should now work.

8) Do the above steps for each of the products that you need to install, but in Step 1, make sure that you have NO Floppy Disc in the Drive unless you have already makde it to Step 7 as stated above. Or you will never get the other products to correctly install.
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:30 AM

I made another attempt to install the software.
I've gotten everything installed except the Microstudio software.
I'm getting the same message everybody else is getting, wrong
serial number. I've typed and copied and pasted numerous
times the e-mail and key code but still no luck. Do ya'll have
a switch or reset button on your end you can push. I'm open
to suggestions. I have noticed that alot of people are having
the same problems, and I can understand type O's in required
information to unlock software, but when I've made this many
attempts and still can't unlock the software, there maybe
another problem other then user error. This acts like a scripting
compatiblity problem. Are ya'll currently upgrading part of your
web site??? Just a thought. Anyway what do you suggest???
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Are you installing Windows 98SE or ME?

MTUSUPORT has discovered a very obscure problem.

If you are running Windows 98SE or ME, then to install, register and run Microstudio you MUST have a Network card or port on your computer. If not, the "Serial Number does not match" error will appear and prevent it from running. Out of the thousands who are running Microstudio 2.604, the few who are experiencing this problem seem to be fixed by adding a Network card.

We are working on a code fix, but it will probably be 2-4 weeks off before we release. If you don't have a network card, you can find one for less than $20, or wait for Microstudio 2.605.

We are just about ready to say we NO LONGER SUPPORT WINDOWS 98SE OR ME! Microsoft has discontinued support, and its just becoming too much of a burden to continue tracking down such obscure bugs that are caused by these discontinued Windows versions. Its not our fault, but we catch the insults. So... look for the announcement before the end of the year. NO MORE WIN98 or ME SUPPORT from MTU!

ANYONE who is still running Windows 98SE or ME, UPGRADE NOW to XP Home or XP Pro.
Old July 7th, 2004, 02:06 PM

Thumbs up Say it again!

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin
We are just about ready to say we NO LONGER SUPPORT WINDOWS 98SE OR ME! Microsoft has discontinued support, and its just becoming too much of a burden to continue tracking down such obscure bugs that are caused by these discontinued Windows versions. Its not our fault, but we catch the insults. So... look for the announcement before the end of the year. NO MORE WIN98 or ME SUPPORT from MTU!
Nobody asked me but here's my two-cents! Great decision although Microsoft has extended 98, 98SE and ME, support until at least the end of 2005 the trend is to abandon these operating systems.

These OSs never handled music and multimedia properly anyway. Upgrading to XP, is highly recommended.

Regards,

Jon
Old July 7th, 2004, 08:51 PM

Well that's a decision you'll have make based on who you sell
your product too. Granted most people who use your software
are weekend warriors with the latest Dell or Wal-Mart Computer.
With a small percentage doing this professionally. I've been
in professional audio on a digital level since 92, were a dedicated
computer system and hi-end support hardware is the norm. For
most of us, to retool a digital studio to accomadate an OS could cost thousands of dollars with no real added benefits to sound
quality. So I think I would at least leave one module such as
microstudio open to 98se support. Your in good company with
this network port problem, Steinberg, Sonic Foundry, Cakewalk
to name a few all had to overcome this problem. It's been so
long since this problem has come up, I've fogotten about it. I think
I have a network card around here some where. Do you think
I will be able to remove the card after registration is finalized??
Old July 7th, 2004, 09:47 PM

JerryB,
The Network card will be required at this time, until the bug in the security is fixed. So for the program to run, you must leave the card in the computer.

A USB Network card is much easier, than a PCI, you can just plug it into one of the USB ports, you can get a Linksys USB100m or 200m model from Radio Shack for about $29.00.