MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 18th, 2003, 08:12 PM

Question New Version Trios? Quartets?

We are assured that in the new version we will be able to do duets.

I have a lot of Disney stuff without graphics. A duet such as "A Whole New World" has a section where the singers are singing different things simultaneously. Although I think the new version will handle this I'm not aware of anything for certain.

Also I have a trio "Hakuna Matata". Three different singers. (I'm not sure about different simultaneous singing.) How many different musical lines at a time will this new program accomodate?

Or is it just a color thing?

Is anyone ALLOWED to share this info with me, or are us sinister customers to be kept in the dark?

I have asked this before and hope that with the release getting sooner I can get the 411.

If the info is there, show me the thread, 10,000 mea culpas, and thanks much!

Last edited by jahern; November 26th, 2003 at 01:19 PM.
Old November 26th, 2003, 01:17 PM

Question Anybody? Hello?

How many different voices?

Lines moving simultaneously but saying different things?

(Is this thing on?)

Echo, echo echo

Old November 27th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Karaoke Pro allows Singer #1, Singer #2 and Both, all having separate colors and formats. However, a Duet allows only two lines to sweep simultaneously. Thus, if you need to sweep more than two simultaneously, you are out of luck... with CDG in general.

If each singer is alone (or even no more than 2 at a time), you can have an unlimited number by just changing the colors. It will be a bit tricky, but definitely doable.

Based on a number of business and marketing inputs and decisions, we are changing our KPro 4.008 back to Karaoke Home Producer (KHPro) with the next release being 4.100 early December. This is to help distinguish it from the new Karaoke Pro we are working on.

Karaoke Pro is a totally different product; it doesn't look like or feel like KHPro, or use KHPro projects. It will be renamed Karaoke Pro 1.023 for the next beta release. It's user interface is not as polished as Karaoke Home Producer 4.008 (or 4.100) is, which is why we are dropping the 5.0 numbering. It is a new professional product. Also, it will not "upgrade" or "replace" KHPro physically. Feature wise, it has far more, which is why it may be a problem for some "home" users.
Old November 29th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Good News, Bad News

Are you saying that my next upgrade from 4.008 to 4.100 will not do the thhings that you described?

Only the product called KPRO will, not my upgrade which will be called KHPRO?

Some questions:

1. What will my 4.100 do with duets and trios etc.?
2. I don't see the price for the Karaoke Pro 1.023. Is that known?

By the way, I understand the switch. It is clear to me that with simultaneous lines, the days of just tapping the song once are over. The user interface for something like that would definitely be trickier. (I'm just wondering how much wife convincing I need to do!!)

Old November 29th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Cool Good news

This was answered in private.