MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 24th, 2006, 02:59 PM

Talking Import Tracks Won't Do Multi-session Cd's

I HAVE A HP PAVILON INTEL PENTIUM 4CPU 3.06GHZ,3.07GHZ,504MB OF RAM. WINDOWS XP VERSION 2002 SERVICE PACK 2. I HAVE A PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.08 BURNER. I JUST BOUGHT YOUR 2.613 PROGRAM. I CAN'T GET IT TO COPY THE MULTI- SESSION CHARTBUSTER CD.S. WHEN I TRY TO IMPORT 15 OF 16 TRACKS, ERROR (UNABLE TO READ AUDIO SECTORS 520 TO 545 ON DEVICE 0:0:0 UNIT ATTENTION (O4h ooh 02h 06h 29h 00h). need help? what can i do to fix problem? thank you paul
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Paul,
Go to this thread
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=3464
and read the #2 post. It will explain how to work with Multi-session discs.

The information is also in your manual for MicroStudio.

Last edited by ddouglass; August 24th, 2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Dale ,i Can't Get The Program To Not Error On The First Song Of The 15 That I've Sellected. My Old Computer Did Fine With The Software And The Multi-session Cd's , But I Don't Have That One Anymore. This Computer Won't Copy Any Of The Songs On The Multi -session Cd's. I Get The Same Error On The First Song. Any Sugestions? Thank You For Trying To Help , Paul
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Frequent Member

are you sure it is multi-session and not one of the soundchioce Media-cloq cdgs. Top tunes used it too. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Check the inner ring of the CD and see if it has "Media-cloq" written anywhere in fine (small) print. If so that is why you can't read it.

Check Plextor website and confirm you have the latest drivers and firmware for the drive. Also make sure you have your Windows completely updated, including the dozen or more changes they came out with last week.
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:24 PM

dale, I DOWNLOADED THE LATEST DOWNLOADS FOR PLEXTOR AND WINDOWS. I ALSO DIDN'T FIND ANY MEDIA-CLOG WRITTEN ON THE INNER RING ANYWHERE ON THE CD. STILL GETTING THE SAME ERROR AS BEFORE.ALSO ,LIKE ALWAYS, WHEN I TERMINATE THE PROCESS TO GET OUT OF THE PROGRAM,IT LOCKS THE COMPUTER UP. HAVE TO SHUT IT DOWN BY TURNING THE POWER OFF. PLEXTOR SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE THE BURNER BUT THEY DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD SOLVE MY PROBLEM.I DON'T KNOW IF BRYAN (MICRO-STUDIO)HAS ANY IDEAS OR NOT. THEY ARE HARD TO GET IN TOUCH WITH.WILL NOT RETURN MY PHONE CALLS.I WANT TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP ME .IT SEEMS LIKE IF THERE MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING,I HAVE IT. I WOULD LIKE FOR SOMETHING TO DO WHAT IT'S SUPPOST TO DO ONE TIME. THANKS SO MUCH PAUL
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Paul, the best way to get Bryan's helpis to go to the Support Center, search on your question, read all the returned articles and if you still don't find an answer, open a ticket. Meanwhile we can keep trying to figure it out here as well. And FYI - turn your Caps Lock off - people will think you are yelling.

I know it may seem to you we are going over things already said, but I need clarification so bear with me on this.

1. Are we talking about one ChartBuster CD or multiple? If multiple then ignore further questions.

2. What is the disc id (number)?

3. Have you inspected it for dirt (smudges), scratches, and/or cracks? Especially look for cracks around inner ring area. This is the most likely place to get a hairline crack and is also the area track one is located.

4. Have you tried skipping track 1 and try to import 2 - 15? Might try going up a few say 10-15.

That's all I can think of for now.
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM

hello dale, i have tried different songs on same cdg,also different cdg's of chartbuster. same results. i've tried to open a ticket but it won't let me regester. it says that my fields info is wrong. thanks again anyway. i'm not a very good typer so bare with me . paul
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Are you able to import anything or has it all stopped?
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul dinklocker
i've tried to open a ticket but it won't let me regester. it says that my fields info is wrong.
Which field did it indicate was wrong?

It does work correctly because we have many registering every day and searching.
Old August 26th, 2006, 05:21 AM

To Admin, It Says That I'm Already Reg. But When I Go To Log In,it Says My Login Is Invalid
Old August 26th, 2006, 05:57 AM

dale, it seems like it will burn all cdg's ,even soundchoice with the extra song that isn't there,but it wont do chartbuster with the extra song that isn't there. my friend at work has the microstudio software and the 716u plextor burner and it will so mine should to. i just don't know why it won't. thanks again paul
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul dinklocker
dale, it seems like it will burn all cdg's ,even soundchoice with the extra song that isn't there,but it wont do chartbuster with the extra song that isn't there. my friend at work has the microstudio software and the 716u plextor burner and it will so mine should to. i just don't know why it won't. thanks again paul
Paul, have you seen this or did he tell you it would. That last song you are talking about is a small data file on a second track. The way MicroStudio works (currently) with those is to error out on the last true song track. The file is written but the time is incorrect.

Paul do you have another CD burner you could try? It could just be that your Plextor isn't able to get past any errors in those CDs.
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM

dale, the ones that i couldn't copy, mary coppied for me. i have 5 more that i need to copy (chartbuster country hits of feb-05, feb-06,july-05,pop hitsvol 2-06,and one more but i hate to keep asking her for help. like i said, she has the 716u plextor. i don't have another plextor burner . i wished that i would have kept my old one but my wife said that i didn't need two computers, so i lost out on that one (go figure). so much for chit chat. i know it can be done, just gonna take time to get it i guess. thanks again paul
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Paul, what is your purpose for copying your discs? I am not asking to be nosey but looking for alternative way without adding expense or you having to trouble your friend.
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:36 AM

dale ,i'm a kj. i make a copy of all my cdg's so that if i have two shows to do , i can do them. i have aprox. 660 cdg's. i buy them from chartbuster now instead of karaoke .com. i might have to talk to plextor again to see if they can come up with anything.i never dreamed this was going to be the problem that it has been. thanks again paul
Old August 29th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

So then your next step (after getting the Plextor to work) would be to convert to Hoster and stop lugging all those CDs?

I hope Plextor can figure it out.
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:36 AM

it's just two folders.(big folders) i have never herd of hoster. what is it?
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

It is MTU's KJ program Check the products list on the main MTU website http://www.mtu.com !

I use it exclusively to do my shows. I can leave the 3 books of CDs, my players (2 per setup), and a big table at home. I don't have to spread out as much equipment tpoget setup which also shortens my setup time. It is great!!

Also, those multi-session CDs you are having trouble with can be loaded without any errors (unless your drive really is bad ).
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM

Paul,
Will this drive import any CD? When you get an error stating Unit Attention, most of the time something in the drive is going bad.

I would contact Plextor on this drive if it will not read any disc, if it is only multisession discs, then can you import one as an Audio CD through some other program?

You can contact Plextor from www.plextor.com.