MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old May 28th, 2003, 03:50 PM

Burned Cd is working and then quits

Why is it that when I burn a CD+G it seems to burn okay but when I take it out to play in the karaoke bars, it will start of real good and then all of a sudden it stops. Does anyone know why this happens and can you help me with the problem?

Thank you
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:39 PM

What Brand of CDR are you using?

I have found that MTU Silver discs are the most consistent quality of all of the discs I have used. I have also had great luck with the Imation Brand as well.

I have had some problems with the Disc Brand and quality. Sometimes on the lower quality discs the graphics would be fragmented or spotty. I have also experimented with Read and Write speeds and have been able to improve some of these problems. Once I went to the Mitsui they disappeared.

Did you test the burned discs in Microstudio under the Play Tab to see if the disc was working fine before taking them out to the bar?

Also one other shot in the dark. Is your CD burner listed on the compatability chart for Microstudio software? If your burner is not on the chart this may account for your problems. (Just Guessing)
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:42 PM

Flipper, thank you for the response however I do use the Mitsui CDR's and I have to compatiable burners; plexwriter 48/24/48U and plexwriter 24/10/40u.

I play them back on my microstudio and they seem just fine. When I get to the club it starts off great, I will get half way through the song and it just stops. The screen goes back to blue.

I just don't get it. I have tried burning many different cd+g's however, a majority of them do that.

Anyother guesses would be much appreciated. Because I have no clue!!!!!!
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:47 PM

Does this happen in all CDG players? I have found there are some CDG players out there that are not as good as others.
Possible solutions: 1) Try your CDG's in another player. 2) Try burning your CDG slower, maybe 8X instead.

Jimbo
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:48 PM

weird....Is it the same club every time?
If it is perhaps it is his player.

do you have the drive speed on auto setting?

Just a couple of thoughts.. beyond that I'm stumped. Perhaps george or John will come to the rescue.

Flipper
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:59 PM

Flipper,

No it has happened at 5 different karaoke clubs.

I was using the auto speed. Then I dropped the speed down to about 12x then I dropped it again down to 1x.

It is weird. I have no idea what it could be.
Old May 28th, 2003, 07:01 PM

Jimbo,

I have tried them in many different players. But most of the players that KJ's have in this area are JVC's or RSQ.
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:28 PM

One more point of clarification

I'm not sure if you are saying that the disc stops playing (actually stops spinning), or if the graphics go away and the music continues.
Please forgive my pickiness.

I have had the problem where the player plays the music on a blue screen, but once I decided to burn my "outside play" discs at 6x the problem has gone away. Also, this problem would occur at the outset, not part way into a song.

Have you tried switching FROM the mitsui's?
Have you played these discs successfully in any non-computer players??
Was your burner tested and certified for cdg??
Have you played the files all the way through successfully as files using Microstudio Play? (Making sure that the files are extracted properly by the cd-rom)
Do you import tracks or do disc-copy?
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:10 PM

When I say it stops, I mean the music and the graphics just stop and it is back at the same blue screen before the disc started playing. The machine is fine.

I usually do a copy disc.

The disc will play great on my computer but as soon as I try it on a karaoke machine, that is when it happens. It is like it just stops reading and it happens on different machines.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:15 PM

Could these discs have any type of copy-protection on them? Is it all discs that do this or just a few?
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:21 PM

Since you are doing a disc copy, the copy should be the same as the original. I'd be curious to see what would happen if you took both to a club, and when the copy failed, see if the original would play.

Be interesting, and might narrow things down a bit.

George
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:29 PM

George,

I have done that. I have taken the original just in case. And the original works fine.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:33 PM

Jimbo,

It is a majority of the disc I burn. I am making back up copies for a karaoke company and a lot of them are doing the same thing.

I was wondering if it was my burner, plexwriter 24/10/40U, so I went out and bought a new burner, plexwriter 48/24/48U and it is doing the same thing. Like I said, Not all disc but a majority of them. I have burned atleast 100 disc and I would say about 1/2 of them or a little more have this problem.
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:27 PM

This has been mentioned on several of the posts on this thread but has never been completely answered. So Here goes

Did you buy a certified burner from MTU or a different source?
You mentioned that you have a supported Plextor Drive but did not state if you purchased it from MTU

Based on information from the MTU website, MTU individually tests each Plextor Drive for compatibility, they do reject a fair percentage of Plextor Drives right out of the box from the factory. Which leads me to believe that purchasing from other sources is a "Crap Shoot". This is why I purchased my drive from MTU, call it "Peace of Mind Protection"

This is just another possibility to check out.

I must say that every one of my problems with Microstudio and my MTU Burner has always ended up being directly related to Software Hardware or media problems on my end and did not have anything to do with the quality of their product.

There has got to be a simple answer to this problem. Collectively we will all get to the solution. Be patient.
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:44 PM

Thank you flipper. And no I did not purchase my plextor through MTU. I bought mine at Best Buy. At the time I was using Disc Juggler and knew nothing about MTU until a friend told me.

I guess if the problems persist, I will have to purchase one from MTU and see what happens. I guess I was just hoping I wouldn't have to put out more money.

Thanks so much to everyone for your quick response. I will keep checking in to see if anyone else may have idea's or if the rest of you come up with something different. Until then well............I have no idea!

Thanks again!
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:04 PM

Perhaps MTU could test your burner out in their facilities for you at a nominal charge before you purchase a new one.

Not sure if that is possible but worth a try.
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

FED

befor you buy a new pletor check mtu site to see if your drive is in there list of supported drives. then go back to disc juggler to see if your drive still works with it if it does i would call mtu to see if you are doing somethng wrong with there software.if it works with one of them and not the other that means the drive is reading the disc + g the right way.what kind of disc are you using and what speed are you trying to burn at .chep disc must burn slow and that is no sure fire way then .BUY THE BEST DISC YOU CAN IT DOES MAKE ALL THE DIFF IN THE WORLD. MTSH SILVER IS THE BEST WHICH YOU CAN BUY AT MTU
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:31 PM

Flipper, thank you for your suggestion. But since I have been with MTU it seems very difficult to actually get in touch with a person. But I will try.

Mike,

I have used Mitsui Silver, Imation, Fuji, and Taiyen Yaden. I now have Mitsui Gold on order. I have tried burning at top speed, then at 16X, then at 4X and 1X.

I think I will try disc juggler again and see what happens.

thanks
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Honor Roll

Just a thought, but you are using the full version and not the demo, because as I understand it, the demo will only import the first 75 seconds of a song. Just something that came to mind.
Old May 30th, 2003, 12:03 AM

I am using the full version.