MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Microstudio V4.000

March 19, 2007

I just downloaded Microstudio V4.000 Demo and I have the same problem with V4 as I had with Microstudio V3's. That problem is Microstudio interface never appears on screen. In Task Manager under Applications Tab, no applications are shown running. Under Processes Tab, Microstudio-Demo.exe is shown running.

On Microstudio Desktop Icon, I went to properties and changed from open Normal to open Full Screen , but no difference. Still, Microstudio interface never appears on screen.

Are there any Microsoft Services (Services.msc) that Microstudio requires to be running?

To the best of my knowledge, I have the latest Microsoft updates for Xp-Home Edition operating system. Am using on Hp Pavilon ze4125 Laptop Computer with 756 Meg Ram and approx. 27 Gig HD space remaining.

Thanks,

Karaokeman41

Last edited by Karaokeman41; March 19th, 2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Adding Info.
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Did you do a Custom Update or Express? You need to do a Custom update from Microsoft as the Express only does critical updates. There are more updates that are not deemed as "critical" by Micrososft that may effect Microstudio and Hoster.

Check your Applications Event Log to see if you have an error message there for it.
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM

MICROSTUDIO v4

There was no error messages pertaining to Microstudio in Applications Event Log. I also performed Microsoft Custom Update. Still have same problem. In Task Mgr. under Applications Tab, Microstudio is not listed, yet under Processes Tab, Microstudio-Demo.exe is listed, yet application interface never appears on computer screen. I really need to know if there are any System/Network Services (Services.msc) that need to be running in order for Microstudio to perform properly. I have quite a few of these services set to either Manual or disabled (although I do not have any problem(s) with other software programs). Thanks for your suggestion(s), if you have more please let me know.
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaokeman41 View Post
There was no error messages pertaining to Microstudio in Applications Event Log. I also performed Microsoft Custom Update. Still have same problem. In Task Mgr. under Applications Tab, Microstudio is not listed, yet under Processes Tab, Microstudio-Demo.exe is listed, yet application interface never appears on computer screen. I really need to know if there are any System/Network Services (Services.msc) that need to be running in order for Microstudio to perform properly. I have quite a few of these services set to either Manual or disabled (although I do not have any problem(s) with other software programs). Thanks for your suggestion(s), if you have more please let me know.
I don't know of any specific services required by Microstudio that woudn't be required by any other program. Try going to the Support Center and submit a ticket. Maybe Bryan can figure this out. Be sure to tell him you have done a Custom Update from Microsoft and installed them all.
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM

What about Microsoft's DIRECTX and .NET FRAMEWORK ? I don't see any mention of them.

They are not part of the normal SP update components, but must also be installed, at least 8.0 or better where DIRECTX is concerned. I believe the latest is 9.0c

Erectile dysfunction treatment