MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM

error message when installing 4.000

I tried to send this once and it didn't show up. I may not have waited long enough. So if it is on there twice I am sorry.
After downloading the program, while installing it I got an error message
I chose to ignore and let it keep installing. But... my program won't play right. It won't show graphics, I can restart and it will play a little and then start messing up or stop. And it will over run the words.
The error message

CRC error:The file C:\program files\micro technology unlimited\microstudio\manual\list-my-songs gif doesn't match the file in the setups.cab file
The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted. Contact your software vender

Also, can I use one of my downloads to put this program on a CD or DVD so that I can put it on my old computer. I don't know why but it will play CDG's and the graphics so much better than my newer computer

Thank you
Cheryl
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher123825 View Post
I tried to send this once and it didn't show up. I may not have waited long enough. So if it is on there twice I am sorry.
After downloading the program, while installing it I got an error message
I chose to ignore and let it keep installing. But... my program won't play right. It won't show graphics, I can restart and it will play a little and then start messing up or stop. And it will over run the words.
The error message

CRC error:The file C:\program files\micro technology unlimited\microstudio\manual\list-my-songs gif doesn't match the file in the setups.cab file
The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted. Contact your software vender

Also, can I use one of my downloads to put this program on a CD or DVD so that I can put it on my old computer. I don't know why but it will play CDG's and the graphics so much better than my newer computer

Thank you
Cheryl
Cheryl,
The error message you got only deals with the manual for Microstudio and doesn't have anything to do with your program problems.

Now in order to understand your problem we will have to have some more information. We need to know what operating system (XP, Vista). Did you have a previous version of Microstudio and did the file work in it? Is this file directly from a CDG or a previously imported file? The more detail you can give us the easier it is for us to help.
Yes you can (and should) copy the setup file you downloaded to a CD and install it on your other computer. If that computer doesn't have an internet connection you will also need a memory stick to register the program with MTU.
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:56 AM

I have XP and actually no the previous version didn't work well either. Just thought when I got this it would do better.
I have downloaded the net framework and tried to down load the directx thing and when it was trying to run the program I got a error message on that. Didn't write it down. Sorry.
I was trying to play a previously imported file.
Cheryl
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:11 PM

I guess downloading the file or files helped it is working pretty good now.
Let me ask you a question also.
Do you think because I got off the internet but, I have that darn aol dialer that kept trying to come on that, that might have caused a problem also.
Thanks
Cheryl
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

You got the error installing Net Frame or Directx? If it was Directx then you probably need to check to see that your video card supports Directx 9.

There are updates from Microsoft that don't install if you use the Express update. Best bet would be to go to Microsoft's Update website and do a Custom check. That way you get all the updates needed.

Since you are trying to play a previously imported file from an impaired (on your system at least) program, I would suggest you try importing it again with the new version and see if that doesn't sound better.
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher123825 View Post
I guess downloading the file or files helped it is working pretty good now.
Let me ask you a question also.
Do you think because I got off the internet but, I have that darn aol dialer that kept trying to come on that, that might have caused a problem also.
Thanks
Cheryl
Yes, it could as this eats up system processing time. I would disable it when you are not needing internet connection. Force it to ask to connect only when you open IE.
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

We have had many problems reported from AOL users. Disable all their "stuff" that you can. It's just not worth what it does to your computer.

Whenever you see a "CRC" error, it means Cyclic Redundance Check, which is the error checking embedded in a downloaded file, and then computed on it also. Whenever a CDR error happens, the file contents are bad. As Dale said, the .gif image that was reported bad doesn't affect the program functioning, but as you said, redownloading fixed other problems.

Always redownload when a CRC error is reported. It was a bad transmission that damaged data. Anything goes at that point.