MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Microstudio 4 issues

I just installed Microstudio 4 on two different PC's. One is a new Gateway laptop and the other is a Dell xps gen3. On both there machines there is the same issue, the text scrolls about 3 seconds ahead of the music. I have tried to change the settings in the program but to no effect. I put in a note to tech support but my reply wasn't very helpful. They said I should download the latest drivers for my soundcard and video (which was already done) and make sure that DirectX 9.0c was installed. which I had not done at that time but have now.
No difference.
I still have the delay in the music (or the text is too fast whichever way you want to put it) and changing the playback settings make no difference.
Is anyone else having this problem? I had no problem with Microstudio 3.x. If someone has a suggestion I sure would like to hear it.
HELP!
Thanks
Chuck
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:15 PM

When playing, audio is out of sync with the graphics or is repeating
Check this out @ SUPPORT CENTER .....click KnowledgeBase
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Still Have text timing issues

Thanks for the reply. I just did the steps on the knowledgebase and it made no difference to the program. I'm going to try a reboot and see if that helps. I haven't had any problem with previous versions.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Chuck
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Did you do a "clean install" or "upgrade"? Have you tried other discs? When you say you changed settings in the program does that mean "read" and/or "write" speeds? CD Drive firmware upgrade?
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM

Same issue

Did a clean install, changed the timing under Tools, playback offset. Changing the offset does nothing to the playback timing. Text is still 3 seconds ahead of the Music no matter how I have it set, advance or retard audio. I really don't want to go back to 3.004 but I can't use the software very well the way it is.

Thanks
Chuck
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck bruck View Post
Did a clean install, changed the timing under Tools, playback offset. Changing the offset does nothing to the playback timing. Text is still 3 seconds ahead of the Music no matter how I have it set, advance or retard audio. I really don't want to go back to 3.004 but I can't use the software very well the way it is.

Thanks
Chuck
Try changing your Video Hardware acceleration to standard. The program offset does work on playback but if you are 3 seconds off it may not be enough.

Are we talking about playing from CD or imported songs?
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM

The problem occurs whether I use a disk or if I use a file saved to the hard drive. I just double checked all my audio and video drivers in both machines and they are the latest versions. DirectX is version 9.0c (which is the latest and greatest). I looked in the drivers for the video (ATI) and can't find hardware acceleration mentioned in the help or listed anywhere in the settings. I know I have seen it on one or the other of the computers but it is apparently not available on the laptop. (The only machine I have at work.)

I did set the audio to standard acceleration in DirectX but that made no difference at all. Setting the advance and delay in the tools doesn't change the timing at all.

I want to thank everyone who has made a suggestion. I'm sure with all of your help I will find the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks again

Chuck
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Chuck run the dxdiag (Start/Run/dxdiag). I believe you can get to the accelleration from there.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Chuck run the dxdiag (Start/Run/dxdiag). I believe you can get to the accelleration from there.
Yes, it is on the SOUND1 and SOUND2 tabs.

Select BASIC, not STANDARD.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM

That is where I directed him in my very first reply, he said
"Thanks for the reply. I just did the steps on the knowledgebase and it made no difference to the program. I'm going to try a reboot and see if that helps. I haven't had any problem with previous versions.
Any other suggestions?