MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Buy It Anyway, And Here's Why

I bit the bullet and bought Microstudio 4000 this afternoon, and I believe it would be in all the other disgruntle persons best interests to do so before the discount runs out ,and here's where I'm coming from.

If you've had your burner any length of time it's not a matter of if, but when it's going to take a dump.

Chances are rather high that when that happens, your Microstudio 2XXX will not supoort a new burner, as rapidly as that industry is changing, and you'll have no choice but to buy Microstudio 4XXX at that time, as well as a burner, and that will be through no fault of MTU.

In the interim you'll get the 4XXX upgrades if MTU's upgrade policy holds.

Over the long haul, you'll come out ahead by taking advantage of the pending discount.

Although 2XXX may serve your needs, as it does mine, it's days are numbered for the above reason.

Anyway, to each his own, but thought I'd pass that along.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; March 16th, 2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old March 17th, 2007, 03:08 AM

I changed e-mail addresses since v3.00x came out, and needless to say, I didn't receive a discount e-mail for v4.00x. I went to support a couple of days ago and sent a "ticket" to sales, but haven't received a reply. When does the $15 discount expire...I'd like to upgrade to the new version before then.

Also, I'd like to buy it, and give (sell) my v3.00x download to a friend of mine...so how do I uninstall it from both my systems and give it to her to install on hers. If she tries to install it, she will get an error messge indicating that it's already been installed on two other systems.
Old March 17th, 2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbell View Post
Also, I'd like to buy it, and give (sell) my v3.00x download to a friend of mine...so how do I uninstall it from both my systems and give it to her to install on hers. If she tries to install it, she will get an error messge indicating that it's already been installed on two other systems.
I believe selling, or giving your copy of any MTU program to another person would be a violation of the License Agrement.

The discount is good until April 15.

Old March 17th, 2007, 11:44 AM

OK...so what if I just wanted to "REMOVE" the installations from my two computers, and "REINSTALL" the program on two different computers. THAT is legal...

When I buy 4.0, I'm not buying an upgrade, I'm buying a new FULL version. So therefore, I should be able to take my full version of 3.0 and move it to another computer.

If I own computer four computers (A-B-C-D), and 3.0 is on A & B and I buy 4.0, there's nothing illegal about taking 3.0 and putting it on C & D, and installing the new version on A & B? I'm not buying a 4.0 upgrade version at an upgrade price - I'm buying a 4.0 full version at an introductory price!
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
OK...so what if I just wanted to "REMOVE" the installations from my two computers, and "REINSTALL" the program on two different computers. THAT is legal...

When I buy 4.0, I'm not buying an upgrade, I'm buying a new FULL version. So therefore, I should be able to take my full version of 3.0 and move it to another computer.

If I own computer four computers (A-B-C-D), and 3.0 is on A & B and I buy 4.0, there's nothing illegal about taking 3.0 and putting it on C & D, and installing the new version on A & B? I'm not buying a 4.0 upgrade version at an upgrade price - I'm buying a 4.0 full version at an introductory price!
Now you've changed the playing field. That is not the same as giving or selling a program to a third party.

Old March 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

If that is your intention then the discount wouldn't apply. The discount is for you to upgrade from previous version.
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:14 AM

But even if I did it as an upgrade - I still have not received an e-mail with the discount code for doing the upgrade. My e-mail address has changed since I bought 3.00x back in December, and I have made the change on the MTU site. I have gone to support and submitted a ticket, and I have also e-mailed the sales department, and still nothing.

Either that, I'd be fine with paying the full price for a full version - I have no objection to paying for proper licensing. But then how do I remove 3.00x from my two main systems to make way for 4.00x, and re-install 3.00x on two other systems? Does the uninstall process "de-register" the original installation at MTU to allow registration to occur on a different system?

Last edited by bradbell; March 21st, 2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
But even if I did it as an upgrade - I still have not received an e-mail with the discount code for doing the upgrade. My e-mail address has changed since I bought 3.00x back in December, and I have made the change on the MTU site. I have gone to support and submitted a ticket, and I have also e-mailed the sales department, and still nothing.

Either that, I'd be fine with paying the full price for a full version - I have no objection to paying for proper licensing. But then how do I remove 3.00x from my two main systems to make way for 4.00x, and re-install 3.00x on two other systems? Does the uninstall process "de-register" the original installation at MTU to allow registration to occur on a different system?
There is only one version. The discount is for existing users to purchase it to upgrade to the new version removing the old one. After the discount time is over then all will have to pay full price for this version.

Make sure you ISP isn't blocking those emails from MTU or that they are not ending up in your junk email of your email program.

No the un-install does not de-register the program so you would have to submit another ticket for that. When you run the setup for version 4 choose to remove previous version and that will uninstall it, then run the setup again to install version 4.