MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM

mstudio424.09, Free Upgrade Or Virus?

I have two laptops that have Microstudio installed. # 1 laptop has been installed for some time and due to a failed desktop, I recently had the desktop copy changed into #2 laptop. I've not used # 1 for quite some time and only installed, but not used # 2.

Today I opened the Microstudio # 1 and received a message that there was a free upgrade for Microstudio that would fix some problems that were listed. I downloaded and everything seemed normal. I then made a disk with two songs from my Hoster database. I listened to them and then transfered them to "write disk" list. After they were burned to a CD, I then used Microstudio to listen to the two songs. I was surprised to see that both song titles were not what the songs were originally named, but were titles that are not even in my list of songs. The artist was listed as "Len Francis Monahan" who also is not listed in my database.

Since I had not knowing downloaded the free upgrade to my # 2 laptop, I did the exact thing I did with # 1 and got the same results. I then decided that maybe when I transfered the program to it from my desktop that it already had the changes installed.

The songs do play as normal in my karaoke player, but I'm not sure why it does what it does and whether the upgrade is a virus that has caused the problem. When I accessed the MTU web site, I found there is no update/upgrade listed and the last version goes back to 2011.

Has anyone download the "upgrade" or experienced the same problems I have?

Thanks for any input,
Wes

P.S. I just checked the download and it's indicated as mstudio424.09.

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.

Last edited by Wrahn; March 18th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Free Upgrade Or Virus?

There was an upgrade, the original version was released on Jul 29 2011 which was 4.24.07.
This version was discontinued and an update released on Aug 15 2011 which was 4.24.09 which is the update you got.
This info is available here: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/microstudio.htm

I can only think that you may have "Enable Database lookup" box ticked in the tools drop down.
This database has nothing to do with your computer database or Hoster's database. It is an online database that if you were to place a manufacturers disc in the drive it would return all the titles automatically.
It may have mistaken your disc for another CD.

When you make the tracks on a CD disc they are only named as track 1 and track 2 not named with artist or title.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 18th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:30 PM

Re: Free Upgrade Or Virus?

Roy,

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's clear that I have not used Microstudio since 2011 except for changing the location for my 2nd laptop. I did look for the version I had and my program "help" indicated 4.24 and 2011. I then looked on the web and the last version was 2011. Now I'm sure the last laptop already had the update and my other one had not been used since before the version was changed. I also believe I was slight rusty with using the program and I believe I suffer from some CRS.

Thanks to your input, I can now not worry that I have a virus.

Thanks again for your help,

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.