MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 5th, 2001, 10:12 PM

I just downloaded Vogone, and have been working with it awhile, but I'm frankly disappointed. Every time I process a wave file, although it comes out with most (or all) the vocals eliminated, it sounds like it's coming out of a tin can, with no mids or bass left. Is this normal for Vogone, or should I try downloading it again??

ADMIN NOTE: bdpiano posted this Thread http://mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=300 with the answer that all the wave files that were used were really MP3 files converted to .wav files. The MP3 compression damages an audio file such that vocal elimination will deliver a rather garbaged processed file. It is not Vogone I's fault. It is the damaged MP3 file that is at fault.
Old February 18th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Vogone I is like all other vocal eliminators. It uses the fact that any sound that is equally loud in both the left and right channels of a stereo file can be totally and cleanly removed.

The problem you are hearing is called flanging. This is coming from the fact that your left and right channel sounds are changed somehow.

[li]If the files were processed with MP3, the channel audio is damaged and will cause weird sound processing. RECOMMENDATION: Don't try to vocal eliminate MP3 processed files.

[li]If the channels are delayed very slightly from each other this can cause phase cancelation which can amplify some frequencies and attenuate others.

The result of either cases above is that phase cancellation is happening in areas other than the center. The resulting processed file will usually not be usable.