MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2018, 08:50 PM

Delete files

I am organzing my collection. Can you tell me how do i delete songs from my comupter? Should i first delete from hoster or from my hard drive? Does it mater? Also i want to rename some files on my hard drive. Will i have to import them again? That will give the song a new number in the song book. Can i rename file and keep the same song book number?
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Delete files

You should always use Hoster’s edit dialog to delete songs first as this removes the songs data from the database freeing up those Disc Ids and BookIds. You can after that delete the file from the hard drive.
If you just delete from the hard drive the info still remains in the database and if you try re importing you can end up with duplicated disc id’s. So my advise is to always use Hosters edit dialog first.

You can rename the Songs in the edit dialog without actually renaming the original file.

If you re Import a file after re naming the file you should be able to use the original Book Id providing that ID has been removed from the database via the edit dialog prior to re Importing.

I’ll try answering your other question later today as I have an appointment to keep now.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:59 AM

I tried deleting the file in the edit file secion in hoster but when trying to re import, via index song files, the file doesn\'t show. I tried rebuilding database. Still doesn\'t show up.
Thank for your help. I will wait for your reply
Old May 29th, 2018, 01:25 PM

You are going to have to go and reimport the entire foler,I believe because you have to delete in the folder the imported files file.
4 GB RAM
60 GB internal program SSD drive
1 TB second internal music Hard Drive
Old June 2nd, 2018, 10:29 AM

I am going crazy here. I just want to start over and make new books..what do i need to do?
Old June 2nd, 2018, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Check your private messages I have posted some info there.

If you start over from scratch you will most likely loose all your singers history and any other saved info.

Read my private message I may be able to see your actual problem and sort it without starting from scratch.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 17th, 2018, 10:22 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Check your private messages I have posted some info there.

If you start over from scratch you will most likely loose all your singers history and any other saved info.
If she copies the singer database and moves it to a different location, if she starts over, she can move the singer history back and it should be back on track. I move my singer history from computer to computer all the time and it always seems to pick up the songs and locations (unless the actual track doesn\'t exist for some reason on the new computer).

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Closed as no further replies.
Closed Thread