MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 5th, 2007, 12:33 AM

Saving Play List

I just upgraded to Microstudio 4.0 and need some help. On my previous version (2.315) I was able to save my PLAY LIST, turn off the computer,
bring it up, use it again, make changes, save, etc. Unless I'm missing something here, I don't have that same capability with 4.0. I use microstudio as my background for my singing jobs. If someone can tell me how to assemble my play list and then SAVE IT so that I can turn off my computer, carry it to my job, restart the computer and bring up my play list, I would appreciate it. After using my previous version that way for a long time it seems like a "no-brainer" that I should be able to do the same with this new, and improved, version. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Jim Sheltraw
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Microstudio was never intended for show use. That is why they (MTU) removed that function and the capability to play graphics on a second screen.

Their Hoster and Hoster Lite programs can do exactly what you want.
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Thanks for your response and explaination. It may not have been INTENDED for show use, but it sure worked well. Sorry to see the SAVE feature dropped.
Thanks again,
Jim Sheltraw
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM

Never intended for show use-Weak argument

"Microstudio was never intended for show use. That is why they (MTU) removed that function and the capability to play graphics on a second screen." ddouglass

I've been using MTU products for a long time. I am not anything more than an amatuer (sp?) as far as playing files. I do stuff at church and will probably find a way to do stuff after school with students.

MTU is certainly spicing up their newer versions of Microstudio by making it more player friendly. Keyrite-Vogone. One of the reasons I upgraded from 3.004 to 4.000 is the playing functions. None of the file importing problems that I had with 3.004 were fixed by upgrading. I think MTU is counting on the fact that they have really spruced up the playing functions to justify charging close to regular price for upgrades. So I think now that it is a cop out to say that someone has to use Hoster to enjoy normal things like saving and playing a playlist. My goodness, even M___P__R and W___MP do that and they're free!

No offense intended, but Microstudio is a player for the amatuer and shouldn't be hampered so that it doesn't perform simple functions that free software already does perform.

To paraphrase the George logo; Dissention is not the same as disloyalty
Old April 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

If you want to create Play List projects, then create a folder and put all your songs for your show in it, open it in My Songs, selects all the songs with the SHIFT key held down, and click and drag and drop them in the Play List. How hard is that to do? Frankly, it will take no longer than creating and finding Play List project files... and the product was not intended for this function. If you are a professional, then use our professional products.