MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Cannot Load KPro Song Again

I have KPro 5. It is what I use to create karaokes.

When I try to load a song I have already recorded, I get a message that says, "This song was created by an earlier version of KPro. Cannot open file."

I am using the only active version I have. -(KPro 5)

How can I load it to make changes? ? ?
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Cannot Load KPro Song Again

I moved this thread to hear as it was in the new feature requests.
But as to your problem, were the files you are trying to load originally from an earlier version as the message asks ?

Do the files you are trying to open have the .kpr extension ?
Also to open these type files I think you would still have to have the original text file that was used and the music track in the same directories they were in at the time you made the original.

I do not personally make many of my own karaoke tracks but I believe editing a previously made track is very limited as if you change a word or alter spaces you would have to re do the timing of place the lyrics.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 7th, 2015, 01:52 AM

I'm having the same problem. I created a .kpr file today and when I tried to reopen it I got a message saying it could not open this file as it was from a previous version. That is not the case as I just used v5.01 to make the file today. So, how do I proceed with this project? I don't want to start from scratch. The text file and wav file are in the same folder.
Hope you can help me.
Bob Jameson
is14fun@yahoo.com
Old July 14th, 2015, 01:26 AM

I seemed to have resolved the problem of old version somehow. But now I have another problem that is annoying but not fatal. After I complete a song, I export it as a .zip file using the export menu. The export window goes approx. half way and crashes. Generally when I repeat the export command it completes the export successfully. However it does asked if I want to replace the existing file. I don't know if the existing file is complete or not but I always repeat the export and the files seem to be fine. It is just annoying that it won't create a .zip file on the first pass. However, occasionally it does make the export in one pass so I don't know what the difference is between the two.