MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM

not enough space available on the mounted disc

I have just updated microstudio to 4.24 and when i try to burn a disc with plex writer 40/12/40a which has always worked fine i now get the following message not enough space available on the mounted disc

i get this message no matter what type of disc i use . ie maxwell or tdk R80's

could you plz help in this matter as i use the disc in my jvc player to practice songs

many thanks zilda
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: not enough space available on the mounted disc

From the write disc tab, just below the Karaoke Audio buttons in the disc media field, is the size disc correct, 74 or 80 min ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:24 AM

hya Roy
The disc media is set at 80 mins.

somtimes when i try to add files a yellow alert box appears saying the write disc time remaining is 78-30 which is too short to add the selected track(s)

then if i shut micro studio down and try again as i add the files the remaining time comes down to say 7 mins left after 18 tracks added, when i try to burn disc i get the following message not enough space available on the mounted disc and the disc is ejected from plexter player.

on other occasions after all tracks are added (18) the time remaining is still 78-30

there is evidently something wrong somewhere, do i need to totally remove microstudio and re install it, then i get worried i may get into a mess with authorisation codes and end up with no micro studio at all

hope you can sort this for me best regards zilda
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Check out these items: select the duplicate tab, in the select Temp folder make sure it is pointing to a folder on your hard drive, not your CD ROM.
Also check the Tools/Default folder button and the same there make sure it's not selecting your CD, same again from the import dialog brows window.

The other point is have you done all the windows updates ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:16 AM

hya roy
thank you for the promp reply

i checked both items in the above message and neither one was pointing to the cd rom drive

all windows updates are up to date as we speak

could it be a faulty upgrade i downloaded or become corrupted in some way

i don't know

all i can say is the old version 4.23 worked fine the new updated version is 4.24 updated only 2 days ago

many thanks for your help in this matter

heres hoping zilda

ps when i start microstudio disc media shows 80 min
however time remaining always says 78.30 prior to any tracks being imported into window

Last edited by zilda; July 27th, 2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added information
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

You can try re-downloading it and installing it again just to check it out.
Other than that I should put in a support ticket.
I can see no reason why this version shoud not work if 4.23 was OK.
You can keep an eye on this thread incase someone else has the answer.
Your point about:
"when i start microstudio disc media shows 80 min
however time remaining always says 78.30 prior to any tracks being imported into window"

I think this is normal until you load tracks.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; July 27th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Just another thought, what happens if you try it with less tracks on the disc ?
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:50 AM

hya roy

i just opened micro and only put two zipped songs into list and it has writen them to disc no problems at all

it is working ok now i shake my head
thanks for all your help you are a star

best regards zilda
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
VIP

Maybe one of the selections was giving MS data that showed it to be different from the actual length that you were relying on... I've had different files show incorrect length in the Hoster playlist as well...

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old January 29th, 2015, 02:35 PM

I am having the same issues, but only with Audio CD. I have Windows 7X64--16GB Memory--all works Great for Karaoke, but when I try to burn an Audio CD I get the message not enough space available on the mounted disc.
I can take that same disk, compile a Karaoke disk and burn it fine. I have 3 PC's all with the latest version of Microstudio--all drivers and windows updates installed, and none of them will burn an audio disk.
I do not burn them very often, and admit that is the first time I have tried to burn one since I upgraded to the latest version of microstudio.
So at this point any ideas?
I ended up using Windows Media player, but I would much rather use microstudio.
My 3 PC's one has Windows 7X64--one has Windows 8.1 X64 and the other one has Windows XP--and got the same results on all of the computers, it will not burn an audio CD.
Any Help would be appreciated
Thanks In Advance
Larry
Old January 29th, 2015, 03:25 PM
VIP

Larry,

Just out of curiosity, I burned an Audio Disk with Microstudio, just to make sure You hadn't uncovered a bug, that wasn't resolved in Beta testing... Mine worked perfectly ( I used a re-writable blank ) but I only burned 3 songs from mp3 files stored on external hard drive on Windows 7 laptop, and played the resulting disc on another that is an XP lappy... No error message, even though with only 3 songs, I didn't expect to max out the storage / of 18-20 songs...which would apply to recording Karaoke KMA's and was generally the time limit for a normal CD-R of 80 Min ...

Ok, now give us a step by step procedure how you made your mix cd using MicroStudio (MS), up until the time you tested the blank to verify that all the music would fit, and got the error message... it could be something as simple as not pressing the Audio radio button to select format, for example...

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old January 29th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

I also just burned 2 audio discs, 1 had 14 tracks the other 11 all were mp3 type.

To add to Rikki post, what format are the tracks you are trying to burn ?
Old January 30th, 2015, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I put 12 MP3 tracks in a folder, opened the program selected Write Disc--selected Audio. I then added the files to the program to burn, it said I had 29min and 40 sec left (as far as space left to add files)I selected burn got that error message--thought it might be a bad disk ( I was using an 80 min CDR Memorex brand disk) so then I tried the same process--shut program down, this time I used a 80 min Verbatim CDR--the same thing--I tried a few more brands of disks--same error message.
I then took one of the original disks I had tried with error msg. and went to a different set of files (Karaoke) burnt the disk --all worked Great, no issues.
I have two other PC's I tried the same process to burn an Audio CD, same results.
I then opened Windows Media player, selected the same tracks, and the Audio disk came out fine--I also used program called CDBurner XP and was able to burn an Audio disk with the same set of files. I do not burn many audio CD's I mostly do the Karaoke, and never had a problem.
I think the last time I used the program for an audio CD was over a year ago, worked fine, then after I purchased the update, have never tried an audio CD until yesterday, so yes it has me puzzeled, especially with trying the same process on 3 separte PC's. I always have Windows updates up to date, and all of the PC drivers, and run at least weekly my avg. antivirus, and malewarebytes, and Iobit Ultimate--PC tuneup/AV software.

My main PC is a HP Workstation 2 Quad Core Xeon Processors 16 GB of Memory, Windows 7X64 Pro.
Gateway Quad Core2 8GB memoryWindows 8.1X64
Asus DuoCore2 4GB memory XP PRO--this PC being XP has not been updated with windows update since they do not give updates--but the drivers are all up to date, and run the same AV programs.

So yes I am still wondering what the issue could be.
Thank You in advance
Larry