MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM

Re: Write Disc Aborted

Exactly dale...i was just correcting a statement i wrote earlier. The "Music" CDR's only come in 80 minute format. Which i mistook for the "Music" 74 minute CDR-RW disc. Incidently if i recall, they made the 74 minute "Music" "Audio" CD-RW rewitables 74 minutes, because the length of most prerecorded cassettes were 74 minutes. No i don't think any CD-RW will work with microstudio that i'm aware of. No karaoke machines could play them anyways if you took them to someones show who was still disc based.

I'm talking ions ago. Before most computer recording software was even produced. I know it was so frustrating, that i could not use this format to backup my favorite purchased CD's. I had a dual drawer JVC, and a dual drawer Harmon Kardon audio cd recorder. I couldn't put a prerecorded purchased music cd in one drawer and fast dub it to a blank "Music" cdr to store my original purchased music disc. The recorders sensed the code on the copywritten cd. Thanks much dale. yep..those were the days...
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:54 AM

Thanks for all the thoughts on this. I just picked up a stack of Sony blanks, so I'll see if those work better. My burner is several years old, so I'm hoping this will tell me which is causing the problem.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Exactly dale...i was just correcting a statement i wrote earlier. The "Music" CDR's only come in 80 minute format. Which i mistook for the "Music" 74 minute CDR-RW disc. Incidently if i recall, they made the 74 minute "Music" "Audio" CD-RW rewitables 74 minutes, because the length of most prerecorded cassettes were 74 minutes. No i don't think any CD-RW will work with microstudio that i'm aware of. No karaoke machines could play them anyways if you took them to someones show who was still disc based.
NOTE: Microstudio WILL write a CD-RW disc. You are correct that "most" Karaoke players won't play these discs, which is why we recommend NO ONE use them.

The drives we used to ship came with a blank CD-RW disc. We used to send them to our users, but that caused no end of grief for MTUSUPPORT. So, we started removing these CD-RW discs, and voila, all related problems ended and users "stopped" having media related problems with their Karaoke Players.

Moral of this is DON'T use CD-RW for Karaoke CDG discs.
Old January 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM

Progress report... I've been trying Sony 700 Mb "Supremas" but having the same "user abort" problem as before with printable white top Memorex discs. The shiny silver top/teal underside Memorex discs still work when the others don't.

But the latest thing that's working so far, even with the Sony discs, is disconnecting the Internet and shutting down my Internet security software. My PC is several years old, with a commensurately slower CPU. The security software, I noticed, appears to handicap my CPU resources significantly. Burning discs with it deactivated seems to help. Other apps are happier as well.

I'll see how long the honeymoon lasts.
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM

Smile Re: Write Disc Aborted

Back up and running (burning) effortlessly again. I think the problem just turned out to be a tired old CD burner. Considering the age of my old computer and the number of karaoke tracks I've produced with it, I'm not surprised. I finally upgraded to a newer computer (a Dell with factory-installed DVD RW drive), installed new MTU software, and have had no further problems burning CDs. I can use any of the CD brands I have on hand from trying to find a brand that would work on my old computer.

Last edited by orzelw; June 6th, 2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added more info
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, glad your perseverance prevailed
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; November 6th, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
disc write, microstudio, write disc aborted