MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM

Remove and Move is a Joke

This is getting to be pretty bad when you can't even re-install on the same computer, even though now you can remove and move now, yea right. According to MTU I have this on 3 computers, when I am trying to re-install on the same one it just came off of. I didn't think you could put it on 3 computers. Great Job.
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

The only license MTU has that is for more than two computers is Video Hoster Quad.
If you are talking about Songverter it is licensed for only one computer. If not then you have posted this in the wrong forum.
However no where does MTU say you can keep it installed on 3 computers per license. That is why it won't re-install on the last one you removed it from.
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM

According to the site, All MTU products, except Lite, can install on a primary and backup computer. I am only using it on one and trying to re-install on that one. To my knowledge I have never had it on 3 computers.
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

That is not true for all of the programs. Anyway, what program are you referring to and what version? If you are not talking about Songverter, please post your problem in the correct forum. This one is for Songverter problems.
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Can I run software I purchase on more than one computer?

"No, and Yes. MTU software products are licensed to be run only by one person at a time. Each program can install on two (2) different computers (Lite versions on 1) to allow you to upgrade your computer in the future without buying a new copy of the program. To give the copy to a different person or business violates our End User License Agreement. For multiple persons runing multiple copies at the same time requires purchasing a license for each user, even if it is in the same household. Part of our pricing is to provide support to ONE computer."

I am talking about Songverter and this statement about the products under General FAQ does not specify which product. Also, the window that pops up when I try to re-install says it can be on 2 computers. I can read ok.

Anyway, I did not post on here to debate with you, I was just trying to re-install a legally purchased and registered product.
Old February 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Songverter, Keyrite, and KHPro have not been upgraded yet to automatically do the remove and move on-line the way Hoster and Microstudio have.
For what reason are you having to re-install? Did you change hardware on your computer or re-install the operating system? If so then MTU is not recognizing the computer as being the same computer.
You will have to submit a Support Email from the Support page of the MTU web site to have your registration reset.
Old February 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM

I had a hard drive change, but I uninstalled on line before changing. One of the new features they claim started in Songverter 1.10 on November 3, 2008 is the user un-install and move. Thats the only reason I went ahead and changed this drive now. I didn't think there would be a problem.
Old February 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger2050 View Post
I had a hard drive change, but I uninstalled on line before changing. One of the new features they claim started in Songverter 1.10 on November 3, 2008 is the user un-install and move. Thats the only reason I went ahead and changed this drive now. I didn't think there would be a problem.
The problem is because you changed the hard drive the computer is no longer recognized as the same computer. That is why you are getting this message and not being able to re-install. Submit a Support email and they can get it straightened out.
Old February 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM

I did already. I did not understand how it said I have it on 3 computers when you can't do that. Thanks
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM

Smile All Is Good

OK Now I get to retract. I guess you have to wait a little while for the un-install to take effect. I just tried to install again and it went perfectly. I assume it was automatic because MTU doesn't work on the weekends. I still don't know why it said I had it on 3 computers, but all seems to be well now. I was getting antsy because I had some files to convert for one of my DJ's for tomorrow. Anyway thanks for the input DDouglas. How do I tell MTU to disregard the ticket I put in. Thanks
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Good question. I don't think anyone has ever retracted a ticket to my knowledge. What is the ticket number and I'll let them know to disregard that ticket.
Old February 15th, 2009, 03:44 AM

15381-8114021154

Thanks