MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM

Help

I have owned Microstudio for some time and today when I went to run it it won't open. Windows says it had to close the application. God knows where the email is for my serial number but I am trying to burn a disc so I can propose to my gf tomorrow. HELP!

ps: I believe the version I own is 2.611?

Last edited by greatgaboo; March 2nd, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgaboo View Post
I have owned Microstudio for some time and today when I went to run it it won't open. Windows says it had to close the application. God knows where the email is for my serial number but I am trying to burn a disc so I can propose to my gf tomorrow. HELP!

Go to your store account and find the Microstudio purchase, view it and at bottom of page is your registration information.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM

Thanks Douglas. The problem is (and I know I paid for this thing and even my Plextor external drive) I can't find my account info and the site tells me it can't identify my email. Can someone at MTU find a record for Michael Accardi?
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Go to Support and submit a ticket
Old March 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Administrator

I see that on 2007-03-09 18:22:59 you reinstalled. Looks like you are now running. How did the proposal go?
Old March 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM

reinstall

I tried to reinstall but it tells me my user info and the serial # don't work together. I have tried making phone contact with DC but the one time he called me back I was on another call and no return calls since I have tried 2 or 3 times to reach him again. I have asked that someone please get me my account info as I can not find it anywhere. I invested a few hundred dollars in this set up and now not only did I miss the window of opportunity to use it for my proposal to my gf (planned for months then down the crapper) and I can't do anything with this stuff. I do appreciate your follow up in asking. Hope I am not to whiney but I want my Microstudio back...whimper whimper.
Thanks
Old March 16th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Read this FAQ.

You need to be responsible and save your data and not rely on MTU for this. We have other work we must do.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM

other work

I was going to just upgrade and by the new version of Microstudio but since now you tell me you have better things to do than customer service I may reconsider. All I asked was for someone to forward me my account info. Is that so hard? I am sorry you are so busy as to not be able to help me. As a national sales manager for an manufacturing company, I would be appaulled if one of my sales people told a customer this.
Old March 17th, 2007, 01:07 PM

ADMIN took the time to find the FAQ that should address your problem.

Do you really feel that he should have had to spell it out all over again for you?

No one else got involved because your question was answered.

I think what ADMIN trying to convey to you is that it would be too time consuming to answer the same question over and over again, when the information is readily available.

Given the same set of circumstances, in your national corporation, if one of your customers had a question, and those responsible for P.R. were unavailable, would the CEO of your corporation bother to take the time, as ADMIN did, to research the answer and contact the customer? I doubt it.

ADMIN is the CEO of MTU.

Give it some time, and I've no doubt you'll come to realize what a great bunch of people the MTU staff and those who haunt these forums are.

Hope this helps put it all in a different perspective for you, and no, I do not work for MTU.

Also if you think I'm just another "yes" man making brownies, just search my posts, and I think you'll see that couldn't be further from the truth.

Do yourself a favor and buy Microstudio 4.000.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; March 17th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old March 17th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Actually the CEO answers these questions all the time at our 7 mil a yr 30 person company. And all I asked for was for someone to retrieve my account info. That simple. Unlike many who pirate and get cracks for their software I support the creators and gladly pay for it. But I do expect a certain level of customer service.

If someone had sent an email to me saying..here is your account sign in and password...how hard would that have been? Obviously they have me in their database as a customer because the email touting the new version says so. Yet when I put that same email address in the "I forgot my password" field it tells me it is unrecognized.

I am on a campaign here to give people headaches. I want to be able to use the software I paid for and enjoyed. Retrieving the my account info or getting someone on the phone shouldn't be so difficult nor should I be made to feel I am the idiot that doesn't have his account info written down somewhere. They should WANT ME TO HAVE THAT INFO so I can buy more.

Nuff said. I won't be replying to this thread again unless it is to say thanks for the help.
Old April 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM

Red face Account information

Maybe I am just stupid but it does seem that the account page is a little confusing and re-downloading your programs should not be so complicated. Sometime our computers crash and we also loose our backup programs, things just happen sometimes. You should be able to go right to your download account page and redownload what you need.

For example on my account page I just purchased the Microstudio 4.0 upgrade on 3-15-07 and it shows that my download like expired on the 26th, why such a short period? My prior verison that was purchased on 11-7-06 shows it does not expire for one whole year. I don't get it.

I am running Hoster 3316 yet my account page shows my last Hoster purchase as 3.30

What am I not understanding here?

I just purchased a laptop and I plan on installing Hoster on it and since I did not save the last download (stupid me) how will I get the download without having to bother admin (which I already did)?

One last question, when we do get a updated version of any software, are we getting the full program or just an upgrade. In other words, when I did my last Hoster upgrade to 3316 if I had that file would I have been able to install this on my new laptop without any prior version installed?

Registration numbers seem to be a big poblem too.

I love Hoster and these forums everyone is such great help!!!

I just checked my submitted tickets which there should be two of and it shows none listed--I am pulling my hair out then going to be I have surgery in the am!!
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
VIP

Quote:

Hope she said "Yes".

By the way, "Anybody you know"?

(Just kidding)...I always say that.

Old April 13th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Maybe I am just stupid but it does seem that the account page is a little confusing and re-downloading your programs should not be so complicated. Sometime our computers crash and we also loose our backup programs, things just happen sometimes. You should be able to go right to your download account page and redownload what you need.

For example on my account page I just purchased the Microstudio 4.0 upgrade on 3-15-07 and it shows that my download like expired on the 26th, why such a short period? My prior verison that was purchased on 11-7-06 shows it does not expire for one whole year. I don't get it.

I am running Hoster 3316 yet my account page shows my last Hoster purchase as 3.30

What am I not understanding here?
MTU changed their policy on how we get upgrades and purchases. For one the program files will not be open and available except for a minimum time length after you purchase or get the email for an upgrade. All purchases are handled through your store account and will be active for a short period of time for you to download. All upgrades are handle through an emailed link that is good for a short specified time for you to download. The reason for this is to prevent piracy. That is why it is stressed for you to download (Save) and burn a copy onto a CD. This is to help you re-install if necessary. If you are re-installing on the same computer without any hardware changes then it should be no problem.

Quote:
I just purchased a laptop and I plan on installing Hoster on it and since I did not save the last download (stupid me) how will I get the download without having to bother admin (which I already did)?
That is why you burn a copy to CD so you can re-install.

Quote:
One last question, when we do get a updated version of any software, are we getting the full program or just an upgrade. In other words, when I did my last Hoster upgrade to 3316 if I had that file would I have been able to install this on my new laptop without any prior version installed?
The upgrades are the whole program and fully functional without having the previous version. That way you don't have to load a dozen or more upgrades if you need to delete and re-install.

Quote:
Registration numbers seem to be a big poblem too.
Registration numbers keep you limited to installing the program to the correct number of computers according to the license. So the unscrupulous can't pirate the programs installing them on many machines.

Hope this helps.
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Actually the CEO answers these questions all the time at our 7 mil a yr 30 person company. And all I asked for was for someone to retrieve my account info. That simple. Unlike many who pirate and get cracks for their software I support the creators and gladly pay for it. But I do expect a certain level of customer service.

If someone had sent an email to me saying..here is your account sign in and password...how hard would that have been? Obviously they have me in their database as a customer because the email touting the new version says so. Yet when I put that same email address in the "I forgot my password" field it tells me it is unrecognized.

I am on a campaign here to give people headaches. I want to be able to use the software I paid for and enjoyed. Retrieving the my account info or getting someone on the phone shouldn't be so difficult nor should I be made to feel I am the idiot that doesn't have his account info written down somewhere. They should WANT ME TO HAVE THAT INFO so I can buy more.

Nuff said. I won't be replying to this thread again unless it is to say thanks for the help.
This is a matter of personal responsibility. When you download and save the installation file on your computer, we make it clear that you should save it and your RegCode to a CDROM so you have it whenever you need it, not be dependent on MTU for this. We have delivered an incredible piece of technology for a very low price of $39.95.

To process your request in these Forums takes upwards of 20 minutes to:
  1. Find who you are - We must open the Forum Admin panel and search using your Forum Username to find your email address. This is a result of executing our privacy policy.

2. Find your database record - We can do this only if your Forum email is the same you bought with. OFTEN it isn't, and we then fail and our time is wasted with resolution of your problem.

3. Find your order - We must open every one of your orders until we find the one you need your RegCode for. However, if you can use our web site, which a few cannot for some reason, then you have instant access to this yourself, and you know the order number saving you time.

4. Email you - Once we have all the VERIFIED correct data, we must prepare an easy to understand answer, and email it to you.

5. Success? - You have a 40% chance of receiving our email based on proven Internet statistics. However, if you used a Support Ticket, you have a 100% success getting your answer.
I expect that if YOUR President did that all day long for a $39.95 product purchase, you would have a very different outlook.

We currently are spending a $20,000 budget to write new web scripts so you can click a link with your email entered and have all your RegCodes emailed to you. Why so much? Coding, then testing, testing, testing, testing, and then testing some more to insure your record is secure and cannot be stolen by hackers. If the company you work for does Internet Marketing and delivery of goods, you know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, you have no basis to understand the magnitude of the problems to meet your request.

Microstudio, Vogone, Keyrite, and KHPro have free downloads both in the Help menu "Check for Updates" command in the running program, and in the case where it isn't running, this FAQ Page with all the URLs, which appears at the top when you type in "download" in the Search field.

The MTU.com Store Account download links are now forced to expire in 30 days. When they were good for 365 days, they brought the MTU.com sales/store site to its knees so new customers abandoned their orders. We had tripled the price we pay for our server resources and still it was running slow due to multiple downloads per user, when only one is needed if it is saved as instructed. Now, a very few users complain, and fail to search the FAQ/KnowledgeBase for an answer, but all that you need is provided if you look.

For a $39.95 product from a company that has/does for 37 years support customers for free, and does upgrade our products several times a year, don't you think it is reasonable for us to expect you to take personal responsibility to protect/save what you buy, and not demand MTU always be available for free, or get mad with us when we aren't?

If you had submitted a Support Ticket request, which is private and confidential versus in this public Forum, and you told us who you are, your email address that you purchased with so we can find your record, the order number, and what you needed help with, it would have cut our processing time to about 2-3 minutes, and you would have your answer.

So, like everyone else in the USA this week, I apologize that MTU's web site failed to make a clear distinction of when to use the free and private Support Ticket, and when to use the free and public Forums. I also thank you for your complaint, because as a result, I personally will modify our support policy page this weekend to reflect that point. However, no one reads our support instructions page now, so... Oh well, after 37 years in business, we have learned to do what we can on a 39.95 product income.

I hope you get over your headache soon.

BTW: Due to the massive support load that DC had undertake as a sales person trying to meet his customer's needs, regardless of the demands on his time or other duties he was to perform for MTU, he resigned. March 15th was his last day. However, when our Support Ticket is used, and all the data we need is provided to us, our support manager does an excellent job.
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Ok so I will reply one more time

In the interest of fairness I will reply more time to say that you do indeed make some valid points. While I do not agree with all you have stated or the tone in which you have layed them out, the points I do agree with make sense from a business standpoint and I can understand your position on the ticket usage making everything go much smoother.

I'll ponder buying the newly upgraded product. There are freewares out there that do what I need but I do like to support the creators of technology I find useful. This was the main reason for my angst as I felt my loyalty to MTU in purchasing a product was disregarded.

Thanks for taking the time to respond once again.