MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 21st, 2004, 09:00 PM

Question microstudio

doug how do i get my free upgrade to microstudio 2.604 .i didnt download my sofeware i order the cd rom
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:15 PM
Honor Roll

I don't want to speak for Doug, but I think the upgrades are only free if you download them, but I could be wrong... I looked here and it gives an option for 'Ship software on CDROM versus free download' but it doesn't say if it's for an upgrade or the 'Demo' guess we'll have to wait to hear MTU's official word...
Old May 22nd, 2004, 08:23 AM

I could be wrong, but I thought that even though the initial purchase is made with cdrom, a download email is sent out as well, containg the download link and the install code..

If so, use it for upgrading.

George

Last edited by George; May 22nd, 2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 08:40 AM

microstudio

george i did get a download link on a differnt com. so i dont have the download link any more.that the reason i ask how to get my free upgrade.thank you for the reply. von
Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:12 AM

Here's a link to a portion of the website that explains what to do when download emails are "lost".

http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=98&c=13

Hope this helps,

George
Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:48 PM

microstudio

george how do you find the email link. i went in my comp. and cant find it can you help thank von
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM

It would have come into your Outlook Express Inbox (or whatever email program you use). Hopefully, you may have moved it to another folder in the program(drafts, etc) to save it, rather than inadvertantly deleting it....dunno.

Strange as it seems, I've met people who never delete their "deleted items" email folder. They store things there out of the way of their inbox, so check out all your email folders.

Wish I could be more help.

George
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:44 PM

microstudio

thank george for the help .but no iam not that lucky maybe mtu will jump in and tell me what to do.von
Old May 23rd, 2004, 07:10 AM

microstudio

ok mtu feel free to jump in at any time and let me know how to get my free upgrade thanks von
Old May 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM

Von,
I'm sorry, I should have told you that the MTU staff take some well deserved time off on weekends. You may not get a response until normal business hours, especially on a non-critical issue, but have no doubt they will get to you.

Take care,

George
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Free... find your email

Von, George is correct. The upgrade is FREE only if you have kept your download email. If you have lost it you will have to order the Microstudio25UpG part number for $15.

Depending on when you ordered, your download email will be titled either:

MTU product download instructions - The current name, or

MTU.com product download instructions - we had to remove the ".com" to prevent AOL from saying we are spam.

Enter the text above into your Email program "search" capability (may be Edit menu, Find... commnand).

Once you find the download email, read and follow the instructions in it.... AND... save it in a safe place. The link within it will deliver the new mstudio2604setup.exe file to install Microstudio 2.604.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I emailed your Microstudio download link

Since you ordered recently, I was able to locate your download link and send it to you again by email.

Now, read George's post on back up, back up, back up... and follow his instructions so you won't have this problem again.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:51 PM

microstudio

thanks everyone for the help i just got my email down load thank admin for the quick reply von.george i dont know how to copy paste. iam new at this comp. stuff a real dummy you could say.thank for the help von
Old May 23rd, 2004, 11:51 PM

Von,

There are a couple of ways to copy and paste, but for now let's go with the method that will copy and paste your entire download email containing the download link and your registraion number.

1-Open Notepad. Minimize it by clicking on the _ in the block at the top right hand side of the screen.

2-Go into your email program and open the MTU download email.

3-Click anywhere in the main email so's the FROM and SUBJECT bar highlights in blue.

4-At the top of the scren, click EDIT, then click SELECT ALL..all the text in the email should be highlighted in blue.

5-Click COPY

6- Go to the bottom toolbar on the screen and click NOTEPAD to maximize it.

7-Click EDIT, then PASTE..the email should now be in notepad.

8- Click SAVE AS and give it a meaningful name. "Microstudio 2604 Download" would identify it for future use, using the right product name and version number.

Print it, either from your email program, or from notepad.

Set up a folder in your email program for MTU Products and move your download email into that folder.

You now have it in two places on the computer, and a printed hard copy in case of a pc crash.

That's good backing up for starters until you get savvy enough to copy to a cd.

Hope this helps.

George
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Von,

I didn't want to confuse the issue by puting two copy and paste methods in one post.

Another simpler method, especially when entering MTU product installation codes is as follows.

1-Open the download email and scroll down to the installation code. Minimize the email.

2-Go to the MTU folder and start the installation procedure, entering all the data.

3- When you get to the installation code entry box, just under your email address entry box, left click to put the blinking cursor there.

4-Maximize the download email.

5--Position the cursor at the beginning of the install code, hold down on the left click mouse button, and drag across the install code to highlight it. Let off the mouse button. Make sure there are no extra characters highlighted. Repeat as necessary.

6-Position the mouse arrow over the highlighted install code and right click. Click COPY.

7-Maximize the install shield. Position the mouse cursor in the install code entry box. Right click the mouse, and click PASTE.

8-Continue with the installation.

9-Enjoy the program.

George

Last edited by George; May 24th, 2004 at 08:28 AM.