MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM

Just bought microstudio

And I can't find my song files from hard disc to down load. my kmafiles are located in my E drive any help getting started would be a big help
Old January 1st, 2004, 02:37 PM
Frequent Member

kma will not work in Microstudio- only in Hoster.
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM

Post so where do I find the files

I'm real new and incompetent at computers. I'm sure Brian and Doug at MTU will testify. As we spent a half an hour on the phone just trying ti Get kpro to download. If any of you have the patience to help an old Karoke guy. I would appreciate it so much.
Crazy Carl
Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:48 AM

CrazyCarl,
Under Microstudio there is a Save To Folder button, just as in Hoster. This is the location where your songs will be imported and stored on your hard drive under Microstudio.

Click on the button, and then select your E:\ drive or where ever you would like to store your .cdg files you import from Microstudio.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:17 PM

Brain Or Any One Else

What i'm try to do is this, Create my own Karaoke cdg. So I Have the screen On custom Assembly. Where it says Select folder what do I put there E:/ drive where my kma files are or C:/ drive where my hoster and microstudio are. I can't get anyting to come up in the screen.
Thanks Crazy Carl
Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM

Carl,

In Microstudio, the CUSTOM ASSEMBLY tab is for taking CDG tracks ( not KMA) already on the hard drive and assembling them to put on a cd in whatever sequence you wish.

That has nothing to do with creating your own CDG..

You create your own CDG's in Karaoke Home Producer(KHP). After you have completed your own CDG in KHP, when you press the EXPORT TO CDG button, that's where you tell it where you want to save the tracks. Example.... C:\SONGLIST(that's what I use).

The newly created CDG will be found in that folder by MICROSTUDIO for playing, under the PLAY tab, or for burning to a cd under the CUSTOM ASSEMBLY TAB.

When you import CDG's from a commercial CDG disc and want to save them on your hard drive, you do it with MICROSTUDIO, and tell it to import them to the same folder.

The button in Microstudio that selects the folder is called just that SELECT FOLDER. You follow the path to your songlist folder. Example.... c:\songlist.

If you wish to simply copy a CDG you use the DUPLICATE DISC tab, and follow the on screen directions.

Go ahead and create a new SONGLIST folder for this purpose, and it will already be there when you need it.

Hope this helps,
George
Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM

Hey George

I am trying to do what you said in your first sentence. take songs from my hard drive and put them on a cd. so I can Have a cdg of the songs I sing. Can you tell me how to do that.
Thanks Carl
Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:35 PM

Carl,

If you don't already have these songs on cd's, what kind of songs are they and where did you get them ?

If they've been downloaded from the internet, I doubt they have are in .cdg format and will open in Microstudio.

If you had them on cd's, what program did you use to put them on the hard drive?

If it was Hoster, then they can only be played through Hoster. You cannot copy them to a disc through Microstudio, as they are no longer in .CDG format, and Hoster does not make cd's.

If you did that, and want to make custom discs of them compiled of songs you like, then you will have to import them to the hard drive through Microstudio. Then you can make custom discs from them as explained above.

Take care,

George
Old January 3rd, 2004, 05:02 PM

thanks

Not really what I wanted to hear. so if I wanted and I don't think I do I could downd load My Almost 900 cdgs into micro studio and then make my custom cdgs. if I did this and installed on another hard drive. Could I then change the format af the files inn microstudio to the hoster files easly. in case a hard drive fails.
Crazy carl
Old January 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM

You could also download just the tracks you wanted and burn them to a cd, 15 or 20 tracks at a time depending on the track length. You could do this as you went along, and not make a big project out of it. You don't have to import the entire cd.

Just a suggestion.

George
Old January 3rd, 2004, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by crazycarl
Not really what I wanted to hear. so if I wanted and I don't think I do I could downd load My Almost 900 cdgs into micro studio and then make my custom cdgs. if I did this and installed on another hard drive.

Could I then change the format of the files inn microstudio to the hoster files easly. in case a hard drive fails.
Crazy carl
There is currently no way to take a .cdg file imported from Microstudio and convert it to a .kma file in Hoster. That is a future upgrade, but currently Hoster only takes songs that are stored on a CDG disc, not from the hard drive.
Old January 5th, 2004, 12:11 PM

I think i understand

It is possable to down load my 800 to 900 cdg discs into microstudio. In the CDG format. and be able to download a custom cdg at will. A Lot of work I understand but possible. Am I right.
crazy carl
Old January 5th, 2004, 12:42 PM

CARL,
You could do that but you would need several hundred gigs of hard drives to do it. That would be very expensive. Much easier to import the tracks you want onto the hard drive then burn them, and erase the files from the hard drive.

It takes me about 2 minutes to burn a custom cd, and maybe 30 seconds a track to import them. I dont think you would save that much time by having all of them on the hard drive(s).
Old January 16th, 2004, 12:39 PM

brain or dguns

could you give me an estimte on how much hard drive it would take to download 900 cdgs or about 12,000 songs into microstudio. I have about 500gb free right now.
thanks carl
Old January 16th, 2004, 12:45 PM

An average of about 40 to 50 mg. per track would be close, if that's the way you want to go. So about 20 tracks to the gb.

Also they wouldn't be "in Microstudio". They would be wherever you designate them to be on the hard drive.

George