MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 9th, 2003, 12:40 AM

Microstudio 2.4 won't play songs

Hi guys,
I down- loaded a copy of Microstudio 2.4 onto my computer running Windows XP and can't get the tracks to play after clicking on "Read CD Tracks" and "Import Selected Tracks". I get red ERROR messages after each track and nothing gets imported. I've read the manual but I wish it was set up explaining what you needed to do do first. Then, it could explain the second thing you need to do and so on-some kind of logical progression you could follow to understand how to get this program to work.... I'm using a Plextor PX-W4824TU external CD-RW burner connected to a 2.0 USB port. I also have Direct X 8.1 with the "Sound Acceleration Level" set to "Basic Acceleration". My computer runs at 1.8mhz with 512 ram and a 100gb hard drive at 7200rpms. Any help to get this software to run as it should would be much appreciated Thanks. John S.
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Honor Roll

John,
Are you trying to import songs or play them from the CD?
Here are the steps used in importing songs to the harddrive:

1- Open Microstudio
2- Click Import Tracks
3- Click Select Folder and choose where you want the files stored
4- Select either WAV or CDG.
5- Insert CD (if not done already)
6- Make sure your "Reading Drive" matches where you put your disc if not select the proper drive.
7- Click Read CD Tracks
8- Select and name the tracks
9- Click Import Selected Tracks.

Here's something I copied from one of my other posts:
Quote:
It sounds like what would happen if it was MediaCloq'd. MediaCloq is a copy prevention device placed on discs. While the tracks will list fine, when you place the discs in the computer, they will fail when you try to import them, giving an ERROR message. There is nothing you can do to get around this. SoundChoice which is one company who was using MediaCloq, has stopped using this method, since it would prevent these disc from playing in a DVD player and certain CD players. From the post on this board Click Here
SoundChoice is replacing these discs with non-MediaCloq versions.

I also have heard that some "regular" music CDs have started using this technology...not sure if this is true or not.

If is is a SoundChoice Spotlight disc starting with 87xx (i.e. 8700, 8701, etc)look on the disc below the disc# (bottom right 'corner?' of the label) You should see a note stating "This disc is copy protected by MediaCloQ"
Are there any messages you get before the ERROR appears?

Flip (a.k.a. Mike)
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:33 AM

Import to hard drive

This problem occurs when the folder selected to import is the cd-rom itself. Many people make this mistake. Make sure that you have selected a folder that is on the hard drive. The error of assumption is that the folder selected is where the material is coming from, when it is acutally where the material is going to.
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:57 AM

Thanks, Flipeoke, Jahern for helping me out so fast! Just looking at the steps you laid out for me, Mike, I noticed the "Select Folder" button might be the problem. I assumed it was the folder for the CD burner. I'm not at home right now so I'll check this tonight....Say, Mike, can you also do the steps involved for just playing the tracks? This is a good idea. They should write that in the manual...Thanks, also, jahern, for pointing out the "Folder" button. That realing confirmed what I suspected also. I tried another CD, I don't remember what brand, but it wasn't Sound Choice. Thanks again, guys!. John S.
Old June 9th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Honor Roll

Playing IMPORTED songs:
1- Open Microstudio
2- Click Play
3- Click Use Hard Drive
4- Click Select Folder and choose where the files are stored
5- Click Add Track
6- Select Song(s) (use Ctrl key to select multiple songs)
7- Click Open
8- Highlight song(s) you wish to play
9- Click Play

Playing songs from CD:
1- Open Microstudio
2- Click Play
3- Click Use CDROM Drive
4- Verify proper CDROM drive is selected
5- Click TOC Refresh
6- Select Song(s) (use Ctrl key to select multiple songs)
7- Highlight song(s) you wish to play
8- Click Play

Flip (a.k.a Mike)
Old June 9th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Honor Roll

Just quickly browsing thru their website, it doesn't appear that it will support CDG files. If you MUST use the software to clean files, you can import your CDG discs as wav files, clean them up with that software, and then use KPro to add the lyrics back in. Then just reburn them back to disc.

Flip (a.k.a. Mike)
Old June 10th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Say, Guys, I finally managed to get Microstudio to play the songs. Your suggestions and step by step proceedure made it so much easier! Thanks alot!.....one quick question....is there a way to pause or stop a song while it's playing? The lyrics screen covers up most of the buttons but apparently, the buttons are in that faded white-can't- be- clicked on-state. I don't see a pause or stop button. Thanks again. John S.
Old June 10th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Honor Roll

No pause button, ESC is your stop button.
Old June 10th, 2003, 03:31 PM

Smile

Thanks once more, Flipeoke!...I'll tape the word "Pause" over the ESC button. John S.
Old June 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM

You can also simply tap the space bar to stop a song that's playing in Microstudio.

George
Old June 10th, 2003, 05:03 PM

Thanks, George, I'm going to give it a try tonight! John S.
Old June 12th, 2003, 09:44 AM

Say, guys, now it seems that Microstudio 2.4 hangs up when I try to close it. I go to click on the x button in the upper right corner of the window and nothing happens. I have to go into "Task Manager" to keep closing it. I'm running Windows XP home edition. Have any ideas what's causing this? Thanks a great deal. John S.
Old June 12th, 2003, 04:38 PM

Question Hangs up

johnnystell,

I had the same problem with XP Home not only with Microstudio but with other program also.

What I did was to install a software call xteq, this is the perfect software to cure some windows problems, it's a MUST with Windows Me!

The beauty is that it's Freeware, take the time to read what it can do and you'll find the option where it says how to shut down programs for you!

www.xteq.com

Also, Magix audio will not play cdg.

Good Luck
Old June 13th, 2003, 08:50 AM

Thanks, MLepine ! I went into the Web-site you mentioned and looked at the downloads listed. Which one are you recommending? Xteq X-setup or is it Xteq X Setup SDK? John S.
Old June 13th, 2003, 02:54 PM

Question xteq

I don't believe you're running the SDK platform so you need to choose the basic x-setup.

Please take the time to read and understand what you can do with xteq before changing any plug-ins.
You might want to change only one at a time and come back to it's original set up if necessary.

Regards
Old June 13th, 2003, 03:07 PM

Thank you, MLepine! I'll try your suggestion....Since I'd last written, however, I did get the Microstudio window to close by clicking on the "X" button. I noticed if I kept the CD in the CD burner, the application will close in the normal fashion. It has worked several times in a row. When it didn't close, that's when I believe I might have removed the CD before closing the application....I'll have to test it again to confirm that and make a note of it....Thanks again for your advice. John S.