MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 18th, 2002, 10:13 AM

Really bad lag after burning 1 to 2 CDGs

I have a plexter burner I am running windows me after i burn 1 to 2 cdgs PC lags really bad and causes an error in the next burn is there anything that can fix is i am trying to burn georgia brown cdgs
Old December 18th, 2002, 10:24 AM

Important! How to upgrade ASPI driver for Microstudio- Fixes 99% of problems ( 1 2 )

Go to the above post(2 posts above yours) follow the directions exactly and see if that takes care of the problem. Sounds like a possible memory leak, which this should cure.

take care,

George
Old December 18th, 2002, 11:29 PM

Im sorry not sure if correct

George Im not sure if i put it in my post i am running windows milleniam Me not 2000 or XP should I still do what you ask or something else just checking before i do so thank you
Old December 19th, 2002, 12:21 AM

Johnnie, Glad you asked because I just got through reading the info at the ASPI thread, and something has changed. It now seems to apply to USB burners. Something has changed & I don't know what to tell you, & I can't find the ASPI thread I thought it was.
If you have a USB Burner I'd say go ahead, if not, then I'd rather support advised you. I wouldn't want to see things get screwed up due to bum advice.

George
Old December 19th, 2002, 11:42 AM

Johnnie,
I checked with MTU support and here's the meat of the email reply I got. It appears it doesn't matter if it is a USB burner or not. I just wasn't sure and didn't want to muddy up the water for you.

Take care,
George

George,

The ASPI driver that works for the USB drivers is the very latest and greatest ASPI driver available. The ASPIdrivers16.exe from our website, located in the Micrsotudio Tech Support Forum, Under ASPI Drivers- How to install it is the most current ASPI driver for every CD-R drive.

Bryan Cox
MTU
Old December 19th, 2002, 08:00 PM

Ok now I am confused

what am I supposed to do again I have already downloaded all the aspi drivers about a 2 weeks ago when i first started using microstudio anyway just so you know I am Johnnies wife Kim for further refrence yesterday we aded about 400 more MB of memory to the PC I have not tried microstudio since to know if that might have fixed the problem we have went from 128 MB to 512 MB i am gonna give it a shot and see thanks for the advice and for not getting me screwed up see ya KIM
Old December 19th, 2002, 09:44 PM

Update George & Brian

Ok since I have put in more memory I said I was going to give it a shot to see if I still get lag well I do When I get the lag After a while I get an error as well eith while reading the cdgs or even when I am writting them I have had to throw away about 5 CD-rs now but that is not a big deal I have already downloaded and installed the aspi drivers about 2 weeks ago so what shall I do I appreciate the help Thank You
Kim
Old December 19th, 2002, 10:03 PM

The next thing I would try would be to go to the Microsoft website and download Direct X 8.1. If you already have it then go to thePlextor website and download any recent drivers you can find for your model burner, especially any drivers you see that mention support for DIRECT X 8.1

This is just a guess, but it can't hurt.

George
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:00 PM

Hello George Thank You

Ok Here The thing I already have diectX 8.1 and I went to plextors Website to download they say there are no drivers needed or avaliable for windows Me so now I am really confused hummm So got any other ideas lets get that hampster running and come up with something my hampster is tired and ran out on me no ideas i mean i can burn cdgs but after importing about 3 cds and then burning one the reason i say import 3 then burn 1 is cause the cdgs are short like 10 tracks I get about 2 1/2 cds onto one I then have to restart pc due to ag sometimes i get an error thanks for you help let me know if you find anything out
KIM
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Frequent Member

What's the exact model Plextor you have and

Is it :

1. IDE
2. SCSI (Scsi 1, 2 or 3)
3. USB ( 1.0 or 2.0?)
If USB and Notebook Computer are you using a Buscard?
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:33 PM

Hi KIm,

Sorry to have to say this, but I'm fresh out of ideas. I will keep looking though, and try to help.

This might sound like a stupid suggestion, but it may be a temporary solution to get you by until support can find an answer to your problem. Since you can burn an average of 2 1/2 cdg's before things mess up. Would it work for you to re-boot the computer after every 2 cdg's? Strictly as a temporary means to quit wasting cd's and get your work done, until the problem can be solved. Even after each cdg if necessary. I know that sounds like a pain, but that's what I'd do temporarily. What do you think?

George
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:30 PM

info

the front of the manual says plexwriter 40/12/40A
model PX-W4012TA internal it says inside manual that it has an EIDE interface that supports ATAPI-5 it says it is fully MMC-Compatiable it says it supports running OPC I dont know if this helps or not i am not sure about the usb i think it is usb what type not sure tell me how to find out and i will i do know that the plextor is installed into the pc properly because i called tech support and a lady took me through the process step by step

George that is what i have been doing it is just a hassle and very frustrating thank you very much for your help

Kim
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Frequent Member

O.K.

1. Want you to check to see that you have DMA "Enabled".
Go to My Computer, Select Properties, Device Manager, CD-ROM, Select the Plextor, Select Properties, Select Settings. If DMA is not checked, check it and re-boot.

2. Next, need to know what ChipSet you have.
Go to Device Manager again, select Hard Disk Controllers, under Primarya nd Secondary.....tell me anything it says.
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:57 PM

Kim, are you using the MTU installed driver?
go to DRIVES and click on the botom where it says ASPI DRIVERS, and make sure USE THE MTU INSTALLED DRIVERS is checked. This is easy to skip when installing the drivers.

George
Old December 22nd, 2002, 04:22 PM

George

Yes I am using MTU installed drivers I double checked it Thanks Kim
Old January 6th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Download Microstudio 2.400

Kim, we have now released version 2.400. Go to your mtu.com store email with your Microstudio serial number, email and download link. Click the link again. It will show you will download mstudio2315.exe. Download it. The code within this file is 2.400. Our software delivery script embedded in our e-Commerce store forces us to have to do this

Uninstall 2.315 and then install 2.400. I hope this solves your problem.