MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
VIP

Wireless video receivers

Couldn't find the thread but a few weeks/months ago someone spoke of using a wireless video receiver; I believe it was a grand tec ultimate brand.

Which of you have tried wireless vieo receivers to your distant TV screens and what success have you had?

Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
VIP

Re: Wireless video receivers

I used a setup called The Rabbit years ago, long gone now, but found that that particular system needs a direct line of site (even though it claimed not to). So if it was low enough where people would be walking/dancing/etc in front of it, there would be interference on any of the screens which the receiver was connected to. Just had to make sure both the transmitter & receivers were above the people heads & it worked fine.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Couldn't find the thread but a few weeks/months ago someone spoke of using a wireless video receiver; I believe it was a grand tec ultimate brand.

Which of you have tried wireless vieo receivers to your distant TV screens and what success have you had?
Saw this at www.x10.com don't know anything about it
muzicman144
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Saw this at www.x10.com don't know anything about it
muzicman144
I ordered one of these last year & tried everything at home to get it to work. After talking with them by phone, they tell me it won't work where there is "wireless internet" (we have a wireless router for our home network), as the signals interfere with each other. They don't tell you this ahead of time. So, since it is useless at home, I figured it might not work good on the job, as you never know if there is any other wireless connections nearby. So, unless they have figured out how to have more than 1 wireless connection running at the same time, I wouldn't try it again.

I do know of someone who used one at one of their Shows & there was intermittent signal loss throughout the evening.
Old March 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
I ordered one of these last year & tried everything at home to get it to work. After talking with them by phone, they tell me it won't work where there is "wireless internet" (we have a wireless router for our home network), as the signals interfere with each other. They don't tell you this ahead of time. So, since it is useless at home, I figured it might not work good on the job, as you never know if there is any other wireless connections nearby. So, unless they have figured out how to have more than 1 wireless connection running at the same time, I wouldn't try it again.

I do know of someone who used one at one of their Shows & there was intermittent signal loss throughout the evening.
Thanx Sky, that;s what I figured. But sheesh, there is wireless something everywhere, microwavess, cell phones, etc. etc., and I've heard that all these things render it useless, including ppl standing in between receiver and transmitter. I'm gonna try to get a return authorization from the seller.

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:44 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Thanx Sky, that;s what I figured. But sheesh, there is wireless something everywhere, microwavess, cell phones, etc. etc., and I've heard that all these things render it useless, including ppl standing in between receiver and transmitter. I'm gonna try to get a return authorization from the seller.
They definitely should tell you that other "wireless" can interfere with the signal & cause it to not work. Maybe they figure since it's so cheap, that it will work in some places & worth keeping They did take it back & give me my money back, so that's good. Hope they will for you also.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

The only other thing that should interfere is wireless network and unless the establishment is the one with wireless network then any outside ones should not interfere.
Lonman did say he had to put the transmitter and receivers up high to get over people as they are line of sight, meaning bodies will interfere with the signal.