MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 18th, 2018, 11:19 AM

backup/restore program

I\'ve been using HOSTER for 11 years now and recently I had a hard drive crash with ALL my songs on it. I purchased a new hard drive and began the long process of installing ALL my karaoke cdg\'s onto the new drive.

Now My question is how does the backup/restore system work? I want to put all my information on a separate hard drive so I can keep it as a backup so this situation won\'t happen again!

Thanks!

Geoman55

PS: I have the 6.01.01 version
Old November 18th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Re: backup/restore program

The Backup/Restore function which is accessed from the Help menu backs up all the Hoster data, settings, registry like all your singers history songs database, playlists and Instabuttons. It is a relatively small zip file that only takes minutes to create.
Your actual music files are not saved to this file. You need to copy all your music to an external backup drive though windows explorer. The hoster backup can be stored to the same external drive in its own folder.
If you restore your computer in the future the music files will have to be restored to the same file path as they were before so that when you use the Hoster Restore function it can find the music files.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.