MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM

Angry MicroStudio v.4.00X; Vista; Other Problems

I am posting this both as a new thread and as a modified footnote to my original in the hopes that someone can shed some light on the problems.

Under v.4.000, I was able to refresh my list of over 9k songs (a long process—sometimes over 4 hours) and custom assemble, provided all of the songs came from the same directory. I never was able to custom assemble from more than 1 directory.

I upgraded to v.4.002 and added some 200+ songs. When I tried to "Refresh", the first song was recognized but the remaining 9k+ went into the "file errors" list. Now, the ONLY way I can get MicroStudio any 4.00X version to work on ANY machine, either XP Pro or Vista is to convert all of the songs to *.kma format. (It will not read *.zip into the program at all and the open format of *.mp3 & *.cdg produces random errors.) Then and only then will almost all of features work as advertised. If you followed my other posts, it all started with the installation of 4.002 on a Vista machine. The "Write Disk" feature would NOT read any of the *.lst files created with v. 4.00X nor could I select files from more than the default directory to custom assemble and the process has gone downhill from there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled until I am blue in the face all to no avail.

Now, another anomaly has reared its ugly head -- after converting all 10k+ files to *.kma, I discover that with 4.004's "new and improved" option to define the field order, it randomly applies its own logic to the file name and sorts is as it sees fit! For example, over 1/2 of the songs (all of which imported without error) show the Title as "unknown" and the "artist" as the title, even though I selected "Title" " - " "Artist"! Also, it will not let you finish the equation, that is -- complete the picture by telling the program that the entire file is "Title - Artist.kma" !! By the way, ALL of my original *.zip files imported into the current version of Hoster without error. Go figure...

I am so frustrated now that I am actively searching for another program that will do what MicroStudio advertises. At this point, I have tried all of the "fixes" that I know about and/or that have been suggested by MTU, and have tried every file format and NOTHING FIXES THE PROBLEM(S)!!! The MTU staff have been as helpful as anyone could expect, but we have now reached a stand-still.

Does anyone out there have any ideas, suggestions or recommendations? I have run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas...