MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 28th, 2001, 06:55 PM

Question

i bought microstudio software to copy cd+g discs, i have a plextor 12 speed rewriter.it takes me over 90 minutes to copy my master disc to my hard drive and then when i try and copy back on to my blank cd,it wont work.i would appreciate any suggestions as how to use this program.MANY THANKS.jim taffe
Old February 28th, 2001, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Have you read the manual?

The first step to understanding is... read the manual.

You will find a discussion of the Drive menu at the top contains the Speed Selection command. This command contains controls for the Reading Drive and the Writing Drive. You should experiment with the settings. You should be able to set your Writing drive up to 12x, depending on your computer - your Plextor can handle 12x. As to the Reading Drive, it will also be your Plextor, which is rated for 32x. However, reality is it will read a 60 minute disc to the hard drive - not in 2 minutes as one would think, but in 6 to 10 minutes. The 32x spec on ALL CDR drives has no bearing on reality! Very frustrating to explain, and it has nothing to do with the software controlling the drive.

However, the fact that reading at 1x would read a 60 minute disc in 60 minutes, tells me you have some other hardware installation problem going on.

Next thing to try, go to this link http://mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=151 in the Tech Support Forum. Read every post, and do everything that is requested.

If you don't have a solution from these posts, I suggest you email support@mtu.com with the DXDIAG data asked for in one of the posts. Insure that you include all the data on your Microstudio version, etc. that is requested in that same thread. Bryan will try to sort things out for you if you still have a problem.