MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old September 9th, 2001, 04:20 PM

Direct-X Error.

When i try to use some plug-ins like Sound Forge Noise Reduction, a box error message cames:

"MicroX Add-On Error."
!Unable to connect to
output device input pin.
(Failed result code 80040217)

I use a SB PCI 128 Card for plug-ins output in a
24 bit Project.

Hessel
Old September 10th, 2001, 10:54 AM

For the DirectX Plugins to work correclty in Microeditor you must have DirectX 7.0a or later installed. I would recommend going on up to DirectX 8.0 since it is now released.

This will show you how to check the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer and how to update it to the correct version. To check this do the following:

1) Go to the Start Menu
2) Left click on Run
3) Type in Dxdiag, then click "Ok" to open the file.

This should open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. At the bottom of this first page you should see a line that shows:

DirectX Version: DirectX 8.0 (4.08.00.0400) (These numbers in parenthesis may not be exactly the same, cause my system is running Win 2k) Make sure the number after the DirectX is 8.0 or you will need to download DirectX 8.0 and install it on your system.

You can download DirectX 8.0 from the following link:

Windows 98/ME http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ReleaseID=27742
Old September 10th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Frequent Member

Win 2K?

----You indicate that you are running Win 2K....I had thought that the code rewrite for Medit to Win2K had not yet occurred?

Has it?

The only reasons I care: 1)I plan to install Medit on a new computer which will also have another software system on it, which reportedly runs better on Win2K. 2)Win2K is touted to, at this point, be much more stable than 98SE in general.
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:16 PM

I am running Win 2K on my system here at the office. This system doesn't run Medit. We still haven't gotten Medit to run on Win 2k.
Old September 14th, 2001, 09:20 PM

Thumbs down Direct-X error.

DirectX updated to 8.0a, but donīt fix the problem.

???????

Hessel
Old September 18th, 2001, 10:51 AM

What version of Windows are you running ? You can find this out by doing the following:

1) Go to the start menu
2) Go to run, type in dxdiag
3) On the page that opens it will tell you Operating system and if you are running Windows 98 second edition it should look like this: Windows 98 (Build 2222)

If you have First Edition Windows 98 it will show the number 1998 instead of 2222. If this is the case I have seen lots of problems in the past with DirectX and 98 first edition. It does'nt have all the support for DirectX that is needed.
Old September 22nd, 2001, 04:43 PM

My version is Windows98SE (4.10.2222A)

Hessel
Old September 24th, 2001, 12:07 PM

The only other thing that I can think of that might cause this, is that you need to upgrade your Sound Blaster 128 cards drivers. Make sure that they are the current version, or that they at least support DirectX 7.0a. The easiest would be to go to www.creative.com and just update to there latest drivers for that card.

If this doesn't work, you might want to try uninstalling your Sound Card and then reinstalling it, to see if maybe something is not installed correctly.