MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM

When indexing mp3&g files I get *Unknown Brand*

I have a lot of DK Karaoke MP3&G's that I have indexed as KMH files. Even though I have selected the brand from the drop down list when indexing they all show up as *Unknown Brand*. When I create my song books I have to search & replace *Unknown Brand* with DK Karaoke. I have deleted and then re-indexed several times to see if I'm making an error somewhere but can't figure it out.

p.s. I am using the latest version of Video Hoster.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: When indexing mp3&g files I get *Unknown Brand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGTS View Post
I have a lot of DK Karaoke MP3&G's that I have indexed as KMH files. Even though I have selected the brand from the drop down list when indexing they all show up as *Unknown Brand*. When I create my song books I have to search & replace *Unknown Brand* with DK Karaoke. I have deleted and then re-indexed several times to see if I'm making an error somewhere but can't figure it out.

p.s. I am using the latest version of Video Hoster.
Not sure why you have this problem but can't you use Hoster's edit feature and change the brand of all your "unknowns" in one go. Select the multiples tab first then Select just the karaoke button below book id button so as to only find those types, then there are various ways to filter to find your files.
Example 1: enter the wild card character * in the find box and when it lists all your Karaoke files (might take a little time) then sort on the header column for "brand" or the header for disc Id or book id if you know it.
or another way if you know the disc Id search on that but then make sure you have the disc .id button selected on the match line. Once they are listed Scroll down till you find them all listed together then use shift + left click to select them all in one go, now use the brand drop down and change them to what you want and after confirming the changes it should permently change them so that they will always print out correct.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; August 8th, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Not sure why you have this problem but can't you use Hoster's edit feature and change the brand of all your "unknowns" in one go. Select the multiples tab first then Select just the karaoke button below book id button so as to only find those types ,then there are various ways to filter to find your files.
Example 1: enter the wild card character in the find box and when it lists all your Karaoke files (might take a little time) then sort on the header column for "brand" or the header for disc Id or book id if you know it.
or another way if you know the disc Id search on that but then make sure you have the disc .id button selected on the match line. Once they are listed Scroll down till you find them all listed together then use then use shift + left click to select them all in one go, now use the brand drop down and change them to what you want and after confirming the changes it should permently change them so that they will always print out correct.
One note to add to Roy's instructions.

You will need to change your search method in the edit mode to "Multiple" at the top when you start.

Just make sure you have the correct songs highlighted to change when you make multiple changes...

In this edit mode (Multiple), Hoster will change every song highlighted.
Old August 8th, 2014, 03:42 PM

Thanks Guys, that work-around is good for now. Hopefully selecting the brand when indexing will work in a future version.
Old August 8th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think it will only work right if they are all the same Disc id and you only import the ones with the same disc id for each batch, which if they are true disc ids there would only be about 10-20 tracks per disc id.

If they are all different disc Ids after the first track that the id changes it will probably reset the brand column unless the brand appears in the file name in which case you would have to have brand selected in the define field order.

If you are importing them with mixed disc ids then you need to set the define field order for disc id and track to ignore (sometimes 2 Ignores if there is a track # present) and then manually enter a Disk ID or let it set it's own which would be in the form of xyz123.
Then select the Single option import of 99 tracks per disc id rather than the Batch button as it may revert back to unknown after the first batch of 99.

If you don't understand what I'm trying to explain post back exactly an example file name as it appears and your field order settings, I may be able to suggest a setting that will work for you.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.