MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:15 PM

Question Song Book Repeats help!

I am creating a songbook with just artist and song. Since the book will not have any disk id or numbers on it, it does not make sense to repeat artist songs. For example I may have Elton John's "Daniel" on 4 brands of discs. I do not want to see:

Elton John
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel
It is a waste of paper and serves no purpose. Is there a way that it could skip to the next song if it sees the same artist and title regardless of the brand of disk?
Old February 24th, 2014, 01:00 PM
VIP

Re: Song Book Repeats help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richspez View Post
I am creating a songbook with just artist and song. Since the book will not have any disk id or numbers on it, it does not make sense to repeat artist songs. For example I may have Elton John's "Daniel" on 4 brands of discs. I do not want to see:

Elton John
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel
It is a waste of paper and serves no purpose. Is there a way that it could skip to the next song if it sees the same artist and title regardless of the brand of disk?
I believe you have to find the duplicates yourself & check "Hide in Songbook" for those songs you do not want to show. You could suggest this as a New Feature when doing the Songbook in this fashion.
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:00 PM
VIP

Re: Song Book Repeats help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richspez View Post

Elton John
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel
After you search, how do you differentiate which selection you are adding to playlist? Skybird is correct on how to workaround your printing need... but it is time consuming! (The First Time) I have done this for my songbook... but I leave the I.D. and Manu info printed, so I have a double-check method, if file gets corrupted, and I have to refresh the database, or make changes when replacing inferior selections with improved cdg's or better downloads... some of us added song kma's when disks might have been in poor condition, due to handling or buying used cdg's back in the day... Hoster has always done a good job in overlooking flaws, and glitches, when transferring to hard drive... but now if you can improve some of those imperfect files with newer or better versions, your going to find marking your best version, or deleting all the others might suit your needs better! imo

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A