MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:32 PM

Red face Changing computers

I've just purchased a second laptop and want to use it for my back-up system. I was using my desktop but portability was a problem there, hence the new laptop purchase. I've read up on how to uninstall Hoster from the old computer and re-install on the new but it's not working for me. The problem appears to be my registration code.

I purchased Hoster on CD some years ago and the then latest version was V3.316 for which I received a registration number (as you do) I have since up-graded three times to 4.11 but in the process my inital registration code was cancelled and replaced with another.

When I attempt to install Hoster on my new laptop using the original CD, it will not accept my new or old registration codes at all.

What am I to do fellahs?
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM
VIP

Re: Changing computers

your allowed 2 computers with full version hoster.

you need to go to your account at MTU.com and retreive your reg code.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:21 PM

Yep, done that Beavis. As I was saying it wont accept the reg code. I've sent a web mail to MTU as well. Awaiting their reply but thought I'd throw it to the forum to see if you can help.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

First you have to uninstall it from your desktop if you haven't yet.
Then download the current version and install it on your new computer. I would at least wait a couple hours between uninstalling and re-installing to give their server time to process the uninstall.
You do not need to install the older version for this.
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:03 AM

Can I swap reg codes between computers doing this same uninstall / install

The laptop I use with 4.22 installed does not seem to have a high enough processing speed and or ram to handle the visualization correctly. (I can not afford to upgrade these at this time).

I have another laptop that does meet the requirements but it would need a Hoster upgrade from 4.11 to 4.22 (I can not afford to do this upgrade at this time either).

If you were wondering?
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, you can do that by uninstalling the programs and reinstalling with the different registration codes. If you do this I would not do it right before a show in case something goes wrong. I would also wait a while in between uninstalling and re-installing to give MTU server time to perform the removal.
How many computers do you have Hoster on?
Are these Full version or Lite versions of Hoster?
Old July 5th, 2010, 05:21 PM

I have 3 reg codes of full versions of Hoster on 6 computers. I am only using 3 regularly and a 4th one sometimes. I have 4 of the computers on 4.22.

I wish when I purchased the laptops a long time ago I knew what I know now (before I went to external hard drives and large hard drives seemed to be the most important thing), now i know processing speed and Ram are the most important things I've never purchase a processor or Ram upgrade before and when I get to it I hope it's not more expensive than buying new laptops.

There is only 3 of the 6 laptops that meet both requirements, 2 that need more Ram and 1 that needs upgrades in both. ($$$). 2 of the 3 laptops that meet the requirements are on the only reg code that has not been upgraded to 4.22 yet.
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I have 3 reg codes of full versions of Hoster on 6 computers. I am only using 3 regularly and a 4th one sometimes. I have 4 of the computers on 4.22.

I wish when I purchased the laptops a long time ago I knew what I know now (before I went to external hard drives and large hard drives seemed to be the most important thing), now i know processing speed and Ram are the most important things I've never purchase a processor or Ram upgrade before and when I get to it I hope it's not more expensive than buying new laptops.

There is only 3 of the 6 laptops that meet both requirements, 2 that need more Ram and 1 that needs upgrades in both. ($$$). 2 of the 3 laptops that meet the requirements are on the only reg code that has not been upgraded to 4.22 yet.
Upgrading Ram is usually possible. Upgrading the process or is not as far as I know. In that case a new laptop may be the only way to fix it. For the RAM to make sure you get a match it would be best to order through the manufacturer of the laptop.
If it has been more than 12 months since you purchased an upgrade for that reg code you will need to do that for those two.