MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 27th, 2007, 11:49 PM

Won't burn KMA list Error Message-Invalid music file

Tried to burn a bunch of KMA files to a custom CD (Files were Songverted to KMA from WMA-g) Microstudio plays them OK but balked when I wanted to burn the list, giving me a message "Invalid Music File"

I'm so disappointed. I wanted to show another person in these forums that Microstudio could burn KMA's into a custom disc playable in other players. And now I have egg on my face
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
Tried to burn a bunch of KMA files to a custom CD (Files were Songverted to KMA from WMA-g) Microstudio plays them OK but balked when I wanted to burn the list, giving me a message "Invalid Music File"

I'm so disappointed. I wanted to show another person in these forums that Microstudio could burn KMA's into a custom disc playable in other players. And now I have egg on my face
Wipe the egg off, as you are correct. More then likely the problem was because you converted from WMA+G which had to have been converted from another format (WMA+G is not a format normally used and only Microstudio can play it) and it didn't recognize the file name. Remember that the KMA files are normally stored with a file name consisting of the DiscID and the track number, but your WMA+G have more than that if I remember right from a previous thread. Try using your original files and I bet it will work.
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Original Name

Something is not right. The wma-g files, created from bins by Songverter, same names except the extension, give the same message. But a bunch of mp3-g files named 00001, 00002, 00003,etc. gave no problem at all. (At least the test write cd went without a hitch)
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
Something is not right. The wma-g files, created from bins by Songverter, same names except the extension, give the same message. But a bunch of mp3-g files named 00001, 00002, 00003,etc. gave no problem at all. (At least the test write cd went without a hitch)
Not sure either. When the files (any files) are burned to the cd the only names in the TOC of the cd is track1, track2, etc. Could be something to do with the length of the names. Did you try using the BIN files to burn from? They should work too.
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Some Experiments

Either Microstudio isn't processing, or playing my Songverted KMA's or WMA-G's right or Songverter isn't converting right.

I imported the song "All You Need Is Love" dk5-6. I converted to different formats using Songverter

Playing

Micrsostudio Play
Bin played fine in Microstudio
WMA-G had clickety click distortion throughout (I only listened to first two minutes)
KMA had clickety click distortion throughout (I only listened to first two minutes)
MP3-G Played fine

Winamp Play
WMA-G seemed to play fine(Sounded a little different-equalizer setting?)

Results were duplicated when titles of the files were not generated by the internet nor typed in.

Burning

Lists that contained any kma or wma-g files gave "Invalid Music File" messages.

Only Bins and mp3-g's tested fine.

REMEMBER THESE KMA FILES WERE NOT IMPORTED BY HOSTER, BUT CREATED BY SONGVERTER

Any testing of KMA files before Songverter would not have produced these results