MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM

KPro font dropdown doesn't show Chinese font

I'm testing KPro 4.008 (the trial demo) before I buy it, and have searched through the forums and the manual. (BTW, I have owned and used Hoster for a long time and love the program). I know that KP4 supports 2-byte Unicode, and I have installed a few different Truetype chinese fonts on my computer (Windows XP) correctly as per the manual. Both Word and Notepad can display these new Chinese fonts just fine for me.

However, when I go into Settings on KP4, the font dropdown menu does not show the new Chinese fonts. I can see all my English fonts okay. When I paste Chinese text or when I place lyrics using a Notepad .txt file that contains Chinese text, KP4 displays a bunch of "?" question marks instead of the Chinese characters.

So...
It seems that unlike previous versions, KP4 can support 2-byte Unicode (i.e. Chinese), and the manual's instructions seem clear, but it is not working for me. Can anyone help? I am a huge fan of Hoster and would like to expand my library by creating new karaoke songs (in both English and Chinese), but am stuck.

Thanks in advance...
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Run KHP 4.008. Click the Help menu "Check for Update" (or Check MTU Site) command.

On the page that appears, download Version 4.105 and install it.

I am not aware of any reason why it won't display your 2-byte fonts. Let us know what you find. We may have a previously undiscovered bug.
Old December 14th, 2006, 12:30 AM

4.008 wouldn't update to 4.105 in demo so I just went ahead and bought 4.105 hoping that would do the trick

However I'm getting the same problem where: (1) when I cut and paste chinese text from notepad or word, which do display the chinese characters correctly or do an import text, KP4 only displays "???" question marks; (2) on the settings tab, I do see the chinese font "MingLiU" but it still does not show chinese characters after I select that as the font and try to place text; (3) on the settings tab, I do NOT see other chinese fonts listed, such as TSC JSong or TSC FMing or another one that doesn't have an english name and just appears in the Word font dropdown as chinese characters.

If you can help, that would be fantastic. I'd be happy to send you my fonts to try or share more info to try and pinpoint the problem. Or if you know of a chinese font that works for you during testing, I can try that?

Thank you

PS: I also just bought Vogone and already have Hoster and Microstudio. Your products are fantastic but I would love to get this one feature on KP4 to work if you can help me
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Administrator

I'm surprised that it didn't work.

Please attach a font that currently won't work to a post in this Thread. We can use it to diagnose the problem. We will need to recompile the code to see why it is not allowing unicode fonts correctly.

We will try to fix this as it should work. However, it will probably be January before we can look at it as we are on several critical schedules right now to finish before year end.
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:03 PM

I have attached a zipped folder called "KP4_Screenshots.zip"... Inside are:
  • Notepad file with sample chinese text
  • Screenshot (JPEG) of the Notepad file with sample chinese text
  • Screenshot (JPEG) of KP4 when I place chinese text via the place lyrics button
  • Screenshot (JPEG) of KP4 when I copy and paste chinese text from Notepad
  • Word file with sample chinese text
  • Screenshot (JPEG) of the Word file with sample chinese text as well as the drop down font menu that shows how I can see all the chinese fonts on my computer (these chinese fonts do not appear in the KP4 font drop down menu)
I'm trying to upload some chinese fonts but they will not upload. They are 3-8 MB each (zip of TTF). Is there an email I can send these to instead?

Note: I'm running Windows XP on a P4 1.8 GHz PC; 768 MB ram

Thank you again for looking into this!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KP4_Screenshots.zip (531.8 KB, 3 views)