MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Hoster 5.04 Bug Reports

Please only post Video Hoster 5.04 bugs here.

We released 5.04 much faster than normal as 9 users had difficulties with 5.03. The polishing changes below should make 5.04 easier for everyone to install and use:

1. NEW Hard Drive Missing Message - When Hoster runs, the last opened Playlist automatically opens. Now if any songs in the Playlist are on a drive(s) that is not found, a message appears showing the missing drive letter(s). Hoster then opens the Playlist and shows UNAVAIL status for songs on the missing drive(s). You can close Hoster and plug in the drive(s) or continue without the drive(s) available.

2. CHANGED Playlist "UNAVAIL" Songs Not Deleted - If an external hard drive wasn't plugged in with songs in the Songs Database and Playlist, AND your Tools menu > Options command > "Keep songs after played" was not checked (i.e. songs delete after they play), when Hoster opened it automatically deletes all UNAVAIL status songs in the Playlist. In 5.04 these files are NOT deleted, regardless of the "Keep songs after played" selection.

3. FIXED Build Database Will Not Run - If the Build Database dialog's "Indexed Folders" list had no folders, when you tried to add a folder with KMH or KMA files an error message appeared stating "Incorrect Parameter". This was fixed so you can now add folders to the "Indexed Folders" list as expected.

You can download version 5.04 from: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

We are confident that the 5.03 and these 5.04 changes will make quite a positive impression on you and your singers and audiences.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 02:44 AM

Re: Hoster 5.04 Bug Reports

I downloaded Hoster 5.04.10 today (Sunday 10/2) and now I'm having problems with it freezing and crashing when I use my Instabuttons.

I have ~50 Instabuttons set up and I frequently press them back to back to go from one sound effect to the other.

I did this several times Saturday night without any problems with 5.04.09 and have not had this problem before!

And... everytime I open Hoster, the screen is minimized and I have to maximize it.

Is anyone else having problems?
Old October 3rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
I downloaded Hoster 5.04.10 today (Sunday 10/2) and now I'm having problems with it freezing and crashing when I use my Instabuttons.

I have ~50 Instabuttons set up and I frequently press them back to back to go from one sound effect to the other.

I did this several times Saturday night without any problems with 5.04.09 and have not had this problem before!

And... everytime I open Hoster, the screen is minimized and I have to maximize it.

Is anyone else having problems?
Do you mean Saturday with 5.03.09 not 5.04.
With your instabuttons, are some of them .wav files ?
I encountered problems with wave files that played in the earlier versions, I ended up converting my .wav files to mp3.
If you open the Tools/Instabuttons dialog look down the Dur column and see if any are showing 00.01 or less then check if they are a .wav format, If so I think these are the culprits, try unchecking them so they don't play and see if Hoster still crashes. If this cures it change them to mp3.

When you say the screen is minimized, are you referring to Hosters main dialog or the singers screen ?
If you mean it's main dialog try this: Right click the Hoster Icon select properties then select the shortcut tab, in the box next to "run" from the drop down arrow select "NormalWindow" then Apply and OK.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 3rd, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:40 PM

I accicentally updated to 5.4 right before a show, which I never do. WHen opened up Hoster after the computer re-booted, the second lyrics screen that would generally pop up and land somewhere in the middle of the screen, didn't come up. We tried everything thinking that the video settings were off or something. Nothing worked. A friend of mine not familiar with the program went into show display settings and clicked on a box he said something like
"dock or un-dock lyrics screen" what this did was to allow us to pull the small screen that usually stays in the top left corner over to the second monitor and re-size it. A major pain in the butt.

Also the search function was affected. Let's say I put in "Pat Benatar" nothing would come up. If I typed in "Pat" or "Benatar" I could find it. What's up with that?

I uninstalled it and went back to 5.02
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:17 AM

Roy,

Sorry, you're right, it was 5.03.09...

All of my Instabuttons are mp3's.

Hoster's main dialog screen was minimized but now it's stopped doing that. It opens full as it should now and I didn't change anything.

And now the Instabuttons work as they should. I just now clicked on 10 in a row without any problems. Go figure!!!
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerst View Post
I accicentally updated to 5.4 right before a show, which I never do. WHen opened up Hoster after the computer re-booted, the second lyrics screen that would generally pop up and land somewhere in the middle of the screen, didn't come up. We tried everything thinking that the video settings were off or something. Nothing worked. A friend of mine not familiar with the program went into show display settings and clicked on a box he said something like
"dock or un-dock lyrics screen" what this did was to allow us to pull the small screen that usually stays in the top left corner over to the second monitor and re-size it. A major pain in the butt.

Also the search function was affected. Let's say I put in "Pat Benatar" nothing would come up. If I typed in "Pat" or "Benatar" I could find it. What's up with that?

I uninstalled it and went back to 5.02
If you go to Tools/Options there is a Reset Displays button that would have moved the Singers Display back to default position on the computer monitor then you can place it where you wanted it.
Your search for Pat Benatar will not work because the Artists names are stored as Last name , First name or in other words Benatar, Pat. By using just one word then the search will look for any instance of that word. This has always been the way the search has worked. In this case less is better.
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Roy,

Sorry, you're right, it was 5.03.09...

All of my Instabuttons are mp3's.

Hoster's main dialog screen was minimized but now it's stopped doing that. It opens full as it should now and I didn't change anything.

And now the Instabuttons work as they should. I just now clicked on 10 in a row without any problems. Go figure!!!
Gremlins....gotta love em... Glad it is working ok now.
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:26 PM

Unhappy Re: Hoster 5.04 Bug Reports

I have always maintained my own database without any problems. In the 'old days' I corrected song names & artists within the database after importing them as '1' in the name & pasting the names in from Excel after the fact since I could not paste all of them at once while importing.

So 1 problem with 5.04 requiring to rebuild my database to work it; is putting 1 in for the name and artist on a # of songs. This I can live with because I could easily fix them if not for problem # 2.

The second problem is; 3/4 of my BookIDs are wrong in the new database - I realized that they didn't match while attempting to fix problem # 1. I did a match of the 2 files by BookID and only 1/4 of my songs still have the same BookID.

Since I see no mention of this, I guess I must be the only one it happened to.
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne White View Post
I have always maintained my own database without any problems. In the 'old days' I corrected song names & artists within the database after importing them as '1' in the name & pasting the names in from Excel after the fact since I could not paste all of them at once while importing.

So 1 problem with 5.04 requiring to rebuild my database to work it; is putting 1 in for the name and artist on a # of songs. This I can live with because I could easily fix them if not for problem # 2.

The second problem is; 3/4 of my BookIDs are wrong in the new database - I realized that they didn't match while attempting to fix problem # 1. I did a match of the 2 files by BookID and only 1/4 of my songs still have the same BookID.

Since I see no mention of this, I guess I must be the only one it happened to.
Are you referring to the rebuild when you initially opened this version? If so did you let it run to completion? All of the beta testers did this same rebuild and did not have any problems with it. In fact we all did this several times over, during the various steps of testing going back to a previously saved copy of the database to make sure each time it ran correctly with no changing of BookIDs.
When you did the pasting from Excel did you do this in the Edit utility of Hoster?
What version did you upgrade from?
Can you give us some examples of BookIDs that changed?
Old October 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM

Yes I am referring to the rebuild when you initially opened this version & I did let it run to completion.

I am not familiar with 'the Edit utility of Hoster'. I have been on Hoster since the first release. I have pasted names directly in the database until we could actually find the disc & not have to type everything.

I upgraded from 5.02.

I don't understand the 'examples of BookIDs that changed'. As I said 3/4 of the songs in my database have a different # than they did before. I compared the files. I don't understand how this could happen. I would expect these to move with each track, but they did not. This makes my song index books useless.

I kept a backup copy of my data files so I was able to go back to 5.02 & link back to my old file. I will try to update again & see what happens.
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am not familiar with 'the Edit utility of Hoster'. I have been on Hoster since the first release. I have pasted names directly in the database until we could actually find the disc & not have to type everything.

As you are the only one reporting this problem it is probably related to your always pasting info in to the database.
When you do things this way the data does not get into the the headers of the files. When the database builds itself it gets the data from the file headers, you can't put the data into the headers from the database.
So I think you will always be running into problems of this nature.
If an extra field is added into Hosters database as can happen with updates as people request to have more info added your original file headers are outdated.
I can't see an easy way out for you although I am still puzzled why it should alter your book ids unless you have altered these manually by pasting into the database.
So for a small amount of time spent entering data when importing saves a lot of trouble later on. Also there have been big improvements in the Hoster edit dialog over the years making it possible to perform multiple edits.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM

I have never changed BookIds. Hoster renumbered my songs. It is not just a matter of Header Info. If the BookID stayed with the same Disk Brand/#/Track, that would be a possible solution. I have compared the files & the numbers don't make any sense.

Well anyway, once again, I deleted all the songs from the re-built database & pasted the old database records in. It appears that there were no actual data format changes. I have my old records back & Hoster seems to work fine.
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:23 PM

5.04 Bug

Reposting previous post.
Occurs randomly, but I'll be running a show & have my little Preview window resized & positioned in the lower right corner. All goes well, then suddenly, boink...window gone! I have to reset everything, resize, etc. Sometimes lasts, sometimes doesn't. Very strange. Any ideas?
Old October 27th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznetbear View Post
2. I was attempting to run Streaming Video via the TOOLS, SHOW DISPLAY, INTERMISSION, HTML URL option and got echoing on the audio. It appears that the PREVIEW Window is pushing out audio. I reset the Show Display and the audio is still off anywhere from a half a second to a second, therefore causing echoing or double audio.
I don't know if this could help as i have not tried what you are doing but if you open the volume mixer (On my windows 7 it is right click on speaker icon in task bar and select "Open volume mixer")
Then play html file and see if more than one item shows in the volume mixer, if so try turning one down.

I attach view of mine when Hoster is playing, as you can see my system sounds are right down, just wonder if yours is showing anything other than Hoster volume set or a second Hoster volume.
Attached Images
File Type: png system sounds.png (24.4 KB, 16 views)
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:27 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I don't know if this could help as i have not tried what you are doing but if you open the volume mixer (On my windows 7 it is right click on speaker icon in task bar and select "Open volume mixer")
Then play html file and see if more than one item shows in the volume mixer, if so try turning one down.

I attach view of mine when Hoster is playing, as you can see my system sounds are right down, just wonder if yours is showing anything other than Hoster volume set or a second Hoster volume.
i did try that but, didn't work. thanks
Old October 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Krockyman3 has reported a problem with must close after song ending or being stopped in this thread http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=109552#post109552

I have gone through all I can think of to help him without success.

This seems to have been solved after posting this. He updated to Explorer 9 and now seems OK.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 29th, 2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 12:28 AM

I just downloaded Hoster 5.04.10 to my back-up system and everything works (that I've tried) but I have lost my Singers Database songs.

All of my Singers databases are blank now!

Hoster did a rebuild on start-up.

What went wrong?
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Kod, Try deleting your singers.mdb and renaming the singers_backup mdb to singers.mbd.
If this is the first time you ran 5.04 on that computer it is meant to run the rebuild on first installation. Did you stop it before it completed ?
Old November 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Kod, Try deleting your singers.mdb and renaming the singers_backup mdb to singers.mbd.

If this is the first time you ran 5.04 on that computer it is meant to run the rebuild on first installation. Did you stop it before it completed ?
Roy,

I did not stop it. Remember, this is my back-up system and I knew it had to let it completely run it's course before you can use Hoster...

I will try your above suggestion as soon as I get time. I have a show tonight so it will be at least tomorrow before I can try that...

Thanks!
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well anyway, once again, I deleted all the songs from the re-built database & pasted the old database records in. It appears that there were no actual data format changes. I have my old records back & Hoster seems to work fine.
Wayne, what program did you use to "delete all the songs" from the Songs.mdb?

Hoster 5.03/5.04 have major changes to the Songs database. If you restored your old data somehow into the Songs.mdb file, I have no idea what will happen. You are bypassing our "safe" means to upgrade and you will lose your "customized" fields again in the future, or Hoster may randomly crash.

You should REMOVE Hoster 5.04 and re-install 5.02 that doesn't have the new changes made by 5.03 and 5.04.

As Dale pointed out, the beta testers (and MTU on 4 computers) tested this again, and again, and again with no change to the BookIDs. We have no idea why your BookID's got renumbered.

Please, read the manual about the Tools menu Edit Songs command and use it to modify your individual KMA/KMH files, or change multiple files at the same time using the "Select Multiple" tab. Otherwise, you are on you own outside of the recommendations of MTU.