MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 7th, 2002, 03:28 PM

Unhappy Microstudio & XP - Display problems

Hi Everyone,

I just recently upgraded my computer and running XP.

Downloaded 2.314 and corrected the detect drives problem. I can import tracks (both cdg & wav) but the computer "beeps" when it is completed. when I try to play CDG's from hard disk or my plextor, the title screen shows up, then freezes up. when I press alt+ctrl+del, i end the task, then a screen pops up saying the ON Screen Display has a problem, then another screen that says Microstudio has a problem. Here's what I have:

athlon 1.7
256mb ddr
Plextor 16-10-40
ati all-in-wonder 32mb
Sb audigy platinum with front panel access
60GB hard drive

I was running a p3 733 with win98 and the ATi All-in-wonder with 2.312 and it was fine. The only major changes are up to 2.314, SB audigy and windows XP.

HELP!!!!!
Tom
and
Old March 7th, 2002, 09:00 PM

Smile

Hey again,

Just noticed some other posts similar to my prob so I uninstalled my Audigy and reinstalled only the drivers - Everything seems to be working fine except I still get the On Screen Display notice after I play a CDG file. Hopefully I'll figure that one out.

If any of you have the SB Audigy and an on-board sound module in addition to it (fortunately I do) you might be able to fully install the Audigy software and switch to the on-board sound when using Microstudio (although it is a headache to switch the speakers from jack to jack). I'm going to check it out and repost in a few days with the results.

Tom
Old March 7th, 2002, 09:26 PM

Do you have DirectX 8.0 or higher, updated the ASPI drivers, set your color resolutioin to 16 bit?
Old March 9th, 2002, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Check the Microstudio Tech Support Forum

Karen's points are all valid. You can read how to do these at:
http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/forumdi...?s=&forumid=26.

If you have verified all these upgrades and are still having a problem, come back on Monday and download the new Microstudio 2.315 version. It "should" be available to download from your standard link you just received. I hope to have it available tomorrow AM early, if the programer finishes it tonight.

This has a new set of ASPI drivers that might make the difference.

Post back here whether you fix the problem or not, so MTUSUPPORT will know. If not, he will be wondering.