MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 13th, 2001, 02:37 AM

Question

Actually I am using a ASUS board with onboard SCSI controller and 1IDE Disk and 3SCSI disks. The SCSI disks are LVD from IBM. Systems runs win98SE and all disk formated with partionmagic4.0. The controller has 3 SCSI buses; A) Fast for CDRs, B) Ultra, and C)LVD as the fastest.

From time to time the systems hangs and I only can press RESET to continue! The HD lamps stays on! This mainly happens during calculation of the CUE file for CD burner and during normalizing within MicroEditor. I checked all the wiring of the SCSI-bus and correct termination. All looks good.

My idea: The LVD bus is too fast for the hardware how it is realised. As a next step I will wire the disks to the slower bus Ultra.
Does somebody had similar experiences and what did you do?
Best regards,