MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 5th, 2022, 09:05 AM

Configuration Help for Using Two Laptops

Greetings,
I am using DisplayFusion software to switch back and forth between my Hoster software and requested YouTube karaoke clips I present during my events and would like advice on how to re-configure my current one laptop setup to include two laptops.

By using two laptops I would be better equipped at searching for and \\\"staging\\\" YouTube clips while my Hoster karaoke performance\\\'s are underway.

Any and all advice /feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
The Karaoke Queen
Old July 5th, 2022, 10:03 AM

Re: Configuration Help for Using Two Laptops

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenButler View Post
Greetings,
I am using DisplayFusion software to switch back and forth between my Hoster software and requested YouTube karaoke clips I present during my events and would like advice on how to re-configure my current one laptop setup to include two laptops.

By using two laptops I would be better equipped at searching for and \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"staging\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" YouTube clips while my Hoster karaoke performance\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s are underway.

Any and all advice /feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
The Karaoke Queen
Are you talking about using two computers and sending them to one monitor?

If you are, an HDMI splitter will work for this. A friend and I operate this way and it works very well!
Old July 5th, 2022, 11:33 AM

Question Re: Configuration Help for Using Two Laptops

kod,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am currently using a HDMI to RCA Converter Composite AV Adapter to split my output display to two separate monitors (one for the singer and one for the audience), it seems your video solution should be adaptable (). Can you send me a link for the device you are using?

Also, what do you suggest as a sound modification for the single output source I am now using? (I am currently using my single laptop output headphone jack (with a Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator Cable) to deliver Hoster sound to my sound box. How would I be able to supply my sound box with audio output from a laptop that is supporting Hoster karaoke clips as well as have that same sound box accept YouTube audio (on demand)?

Thanks in advance.

The Karaoke Queen