MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 17th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Does 4.000 uninstall other MTU programmes?

Hey Admin,
I bought 4.000 and downloaded it 16th March.
I had put all my MTU programmes on a new laptop (with your permission)
Now on going into the other programmes I get the "serial number doesn't match", error.
Microstudio was the last one I installed, has this also got a problem like 2.613 where it uninstalled the other programmes?
Although I only installed it on the above date the link expired on 26th March, just 10 days after the download, my Hoster 3.316 has also expired, haven't checked my account for the others.
How can I get them back?
Also is there an update to 4.001?, doesn't say anything in your sales pitch.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Gary, when will you start saving your download programs on CDROM?

The Suite4 programs can be downloaded from this FAQ link: http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=43. Microstudio 4.001 is now downloading from its link in this page.

Further, from the running program you can also click the Help menu > Check for Updates command and get the download page for that program.

Hoster is different. It requires our sending you a download link. Once we release Hoster 4.0, that will change and it will be like our other programs.

You've been with MTU a long time, and must have heard this at least 20 times. Please don't expect MTU to make downloads available forever. Save them on CDROM at your house. The download demands on our THREE servers are IMMENSE. In fact, we have just finished removing the INITIAL download from the store server (30 day link) and placing it at our download.mtu.com server to stop it slowing down our MTU.com store and sales site.

Past versions of Microstudio prior to 4.000 are suspect to removing other MTU programs. If it happens, just reinstall them.

You can install any number of times on the same computers. The download link disappearing has nothing to do with being able to install. Please don't confuse these two separate functions.

Now, save the download programs on CDROM so you have them.
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garry,
Did you have a previous older version of Microstudio on that laptop? If so you have picked up a known problem from that. It has a leftover registry entry that is causing this.
The only way to eliminate this problem is to uninstall all of the MTU software, do a search of the registry (regedit) and delete anything associated with MTU. Check each major heading (local machine, current user, etc.) in the software directory for Micro Technology Unlimited folder and delete those. Then re-install your software. That should prevent it from happening again.
Are you saying you don't save a copy of the installation programs? If so that one you'll need to address to support with a ticket from the Support Center. As to Microstudio 4.001 I would guess the they will be sending the emails out within the next couple of days. Admin just changed the website last night.
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:05 PM

Hey Admin,
Don't have my laptop at home, it is were I use it at work, so tomorrow is the earliest I can check everything out, have got the downloads somewhere on a CD-rom but Cds are like bits of paper they seem to get mislaid, I had a recent spell of illness and my daughter came to help out in the house, needless to say everything is tidy but not where I left them.

DALE my laptop was brand new and nothing was previously installed before I downloaded all the latest updates and programmes, so there wouldn't have been anything in the registry.
I checked all the other programmes as I installed them and they worked OK until I downloaded Microstudio 4.000.
Thanks for the help and advice.

As Admin says I have been with MTU about 6 years and even have the earliest programmes from those days on CD-Rom.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garry in that case then just re-install the others. Only thing I have seen in here and experienced myself is when some of the older versions had been installed before. I started with 2.??? and never had it happen until I started beta testing with version 3. Hmmmm, makes me think it is still lurking out there waiting to strike again. I do know that it went away after doing what I told you in previous post.
Old April 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry A. Leslie View Post
Hey Admin,
Don't have my laptop at home, it is were I use it at work, so tomorrow is the earliest I can check everything out, have got the downloads somewhere on a CD-rom but Cds are like bits of paper they seem to get mislaid, I had a recent spell of illness and my daughter came to help out in the house, needless to say everything is tidy but not where I left them.
Garry
Daughter... glad you have a loving one, and sorry she organized your life... er stuff. I know what you mean.

So thanks for making the CDROMs, and now find them cause we don't have the back files available. Read our updated Customer Support page. Hopefully it will answer more questions than it creates.