MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM

microstudio - black screen comes up then disappears

when I try and play a file in microstudio this little black screen comes up, stays about 2 seconds, then disapears. Then it won't play anything. Has anyone had this issue before?

Using XP SP2 all updates done via windows update
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM

For instance, I will ad a track to the playlist, then hit the green arrow, and that black box pops up and nothing happens.
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindhunter77 View Post
when I try and play a file in microstudio this little black screen comes up, stays about 2 seconds, then disapears. Then it won't play anything. Has anyone had this issue before?

when you say " a file " are you talking about a song imported into your hardrive? or are you're trying to just play a cdg. you must import them into your hd first and then add them in to your playlist and click play..check if your cd/dvd burner can read and write a cdg. i haven had any problems playing songs imported into my hd.
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:35 PM

What about Microsoft's DIRECTX and .NET FRAMEWORK ? I don't see any mention of them.

They are not part of the normal SP update components, but must also be installed, at least 8.0 or better where DIRECTX is concerned. I believe the latest is 9.0c

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM

yea got .net 3.0 and directx 9.0 or something.. so it can't be wither of those =(
Old March 22nd, 2007, 07:34 AM

mindhunter77

What version of Microstudio are you using? There was an earlier version that changed to dual screen mode. (2.612 or 2.613?) If you don't have a second monitor attached that is what you'll see. You must have a second monitor attached to see the graphics display. They (mtu) has since went back to single monitor for Microstudio I understand. I am personally still using that older version.

Hope this helps,
wallymeister
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallymeister View Post
mindhunter77

What version of Microstudio are you using? There was an earlier version that changed to dual screen mode. (2.612 or 2.613?) If you don't have a second monitor attached that is what you'll see. You must have a second monitor attached to see the graphics display. They (mtu) has since went back to single monitor for Microstudio I understand. I am personally still using that older version.

Hope this helps,
wallymeister

Have NEVER had a second monitor when using Microstio in the last six years. Dual display was available until recently, but has never been a requirement to play a cdg track and see the on screen display.

Last edited by George; March 22nd, 2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:30 PM

George,
The version I upgraded to back some time ago, (I believe 2.613) is and still is dual screen only, which means if I have my computer set to dual monitor and I don't actually have a second monitor hooked up, when I play a file in Microstudio all I would get wass a little black screen that pops up for only a short second and then dissapears and I am unable to view the graphics. Before I upgraded from (I think) 2.611 to 2.613 I never had that problem. After researching thru forums I discovered that was the problem. As I understood it, for that version only dual monitors were required. Now keep in mind also that my system is set up to always see a second monitor whether there's actually a monitor hooked up or not, so it was not as simple as changing my configuration to single monitor mode. Don't know what that would have actually done, never tried it.

In short, with that version, I had to hook up a monitor or I was never going to see the graphics, anyway what mindhunter77 is describing is exactly what I was experiencing back then.

Hope this explains better

wallymeister
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM

That's really wierd.

I had 2.613. My video card was set for extended desktop for Hoster, and I never had the second screen connected except when testing Hoster...no problems playing Microstudio without it.

Might be in the video card configuration.

Last edited by George; March 22nd, 2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:59 PM

George,
The only thing I could add to the mix is, it may have been 2.611 to 2.612, not 2.613. Yes I thought it weird too, but as I said I read some things on forums that eluded to this problem and after just using a second monitor to view songs everything was fine.

wallymeister
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:01 PM

I'm using 4.0
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Mindhunter, when you say all updates is this by Express or Custom update? Reason I ask is we have had issues in the recent past, because of an update be missed. Microsoft only pushes "Critical (their definition of critical, not mine) Updates" in the Express or Auto settings. There are more updates listed if you use the "Custom Updates that need to be loaded as well.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM

Yep, every update is done both custom and high priority
Old March 24th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Are you getting sound and no graphics or nothing at all?

Also, I am assuming you tried more than one song so we can rule out the possibility of a bad file.

Do you have a popup blocker or spyware program running that might have a restriction on this program?

Does Microstudio shutdown or error out after that point or just freeze?
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Are you getting sound and no graphics or nothing at all?

Also, I am assuming you tried more than one song so we can rule out the possibility of a bad file.

Do you have a popup blocker or spyware program running that might have a restriction on this program?

Does Microstudio shutdown or error out after that point or just freeze?

no sound, no video,

yes, differnt files,

no popup blocker but yes I do have mcafee, which I disabled, and it still did it.

After the black screen pops up and disapears, it acts normal, I can try and start another song, no locking up
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
After the black screen pops up and disapears, it acts normal, I can try and start another song, no locking up
A contradiction from your first post which says after the black screen pops up it won't play anything. We've all been thinking it wouldn't work at all. Any other surprises?

It would be very helpfull for any MTU staff that may be working on this in the background to have known right up front exactly what's happening.

Old March 29th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mindhunter77 have you submitted a Support Ticket in the Support Center for this problem? If not I would suggest you do to alert them to this. There is another user who has Vista and is getting the same problem. Be sure and be as detailed as you can on your ticket.