MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM

Windows server2003 no install

Ok Bryan I installed the new version 2609 on the server but it still does not work. This is what happens
when I install the program it goes through the motions and connects to your registration site, thanks me for registering, then it shows the default directory where the program will be installed. then it immediatly goes to the screen telling me I need to reboot. After reboot I checked for the directory where the program is supposed to be installed and it does not exist. however when I do a regedit I find Microstudio and I believe two sub directories in the registery but no files.
I installed the program on the windows 98 machine here at work then copied the files to cd and transfered them to the server2003 after doing this microstudio comes up but will not detect andy cd rom devices. I hope you can find an answer for me soon
Thanks
Jim Brown
Old August 30th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Re: Windows server2003 no install

Jim,
Try clicking on your Personal Download Link in your email, and get the very latest version of 2.609 and let me know if this works. It should now work.
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Is this the same version 2609 that you sent to me on Friday, if so I have already tried to install this version and wrote you the results of that install in this post, let me know if this is new as of today
thanks
JIm Brown
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:02 PM

No,
Do it again. There was another change in the Installation, to allow installing the files under Server 2003. Just fixed this change this morning for you to try.
Old August 31st, 2004, 06:00 PM

Ok I reinstalled the new version 2609 and now it installs on the server2003 and works, thank you, I do have one more trouble though, I have two plextor drives in the machine One is an ATAPI 12X10X12X and the other is a scsi 34 speed read only. the program reconizes the 12x10x12x as cdg compatible but does not reconize the second drive as cdg compatible and in the previous version 2506 both drives were reconized as cdg compatible. Do you have any clue as to what might be going on with the read only drive I believe it is a model p32 something can't recall

thanks
Jim Brown
Old September 1st, 2004, 11:13 AM

Jim,
The only thing that could have happened is the drivers no longer support that Reader.

These occasionally change from time to time, to allow support for newer drivers and formats. These we have no control over, because we license them from another company.