MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM

Having problems adjusting lyrics

Can't seem to get the edit lyrics page to work in khpro. I know it's me not understanding what to do. Could someone help me with this feature?
Old December 15th, 2006, 08:29 AM

Don't know specifically what problems you're encountering, but some functions need to be executed while depressing the CTRL key as well as the key you wish.

For example, to enter a new blank line in the midle of existing text, you normally would place the cursor at the end of the line preceding the new line you wish to create and depress the enter key. With Khpro you must also depress the CTRL key while depressing the enter key.

Same is true using the Delete key to move words up to the previous line. The CTRL key must also be depressed.

If this doesn't get it for you, we need to know the details regarding the problem.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:50 PM

Thanks George: But my problem is when I go to the Adjust Lyrics Screen. I try to go to the define area to play and adjust and nothing happens on this screen that I can tell. I though there was a way to adjust the highlights on the individual words. Any suggestions???
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM

O.K. Thought you were having trouble with the edit lyrics screen.

On the Adjust Lyrics screen, put a check mark in the LOOP box.

Click on ADVANCED, and set the number of words you want before and after the word(s) you're going to need to adjust. I use 2 & 2. Click OK.

Starting from the beginning of the song you click AUDITION PLAY.

To start anywhere in the song you PAGE DOWN until you get to the page you want and then click AUDITION PLAY.

When you see the out of sync word(s) click STOP, click the word(s) to underline it(them), and click on ADJUST PLAY.

ADJUST PLAY now changes to STOP button

Use the ADJUST START or ADJUST END < OR > to move the sweep one direction or another.

Click STOP to check your work with the AUDITION PLAY.

Repeat as many times as necessary.

Hope this gets you going.

Take care,
George

Old December 16th, 2006, 08:24 AM

George: I must be totally ignorant. I cannot find a place to put a check mark, or a place to check advanced. It just seems that nothing works on the Define Area to Play.
Old December 16th, 2006, 08:59 AM

I'm assuming you have versio 4.104 which I believe is the last issue.

When you have a project opened and active, the ADJUST LYRICS TAB is activated. When you click that, it opens the page with the controls I was detailing in my post. If you don't have a project opened and active, that buton is greyed out.

Click on HELP, then MANUAL, and open section 6. It is detailed there, including a picture of the page you adjust the lyrics from.

George

Old December 16th, 2006, 09:58 AM

George: I have version 4.105 and does not contain the buttons that you described.
Old December 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM

Sorry

http://www.mtu.com/support/karaoke-h...on-details.htm

The above is a link explaining the changes from 4103/4 t0 4105.

The LOOP is activated at all times and ADVANCED has simply changed name to DEFINE AREA TO PLAY to make it simpler. It still performs the same functions with some improvements. When you click on it the screen containing the adjustment controls should open, provided you have finished sweeping the lyrics, and are ready to make corrections, or are opening a swept file you saved.

Follow the instructions in your manual.

Last edited by George; December 16th, 2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old December 16th, 2006, 11:30 AM

I just downloaded and installed 4.105 so we can get on the same wavelenght, and I think I see what's hanging you up.

The term "DEFINE AREA TO PLAY" could be interpreted as meaning to select the words that need correcting. I SUSPECT that's what getting you.

It does NOT mean that. It means to define the paramaters to be used: the number of words to play both before and after the word(s) you will be adjusting, NOT THE WORDS YOU WILL BE ADJUSTING. This allows you to easily compare the sweep against a couple of words before and after the word you are working with.

Other than the name of that tab, and the fact that the LOOP I referred to is on automatically, there hasn't been that much change in that area from what I told you.

Old January 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Help with kHPro

I am still having problems with understanding how to get the sweep to adjust in KHPro. Nothing seems to happen when I click any of the buttons. Is there anyone that I can talk to. I will be glad to call you if you are experienced in using KHpro.
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:09 AM

I am not a member of MTU staff.

Best bet would be to go to the support center and submit a ticket.

Old April 30th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Adjusting the sweep

I have read and tried every instruction in the manual and also tried everything George suggested and nothing works. My lyrics are out of sync and nothing that I do seems to make a difference. I cannot adjust the sweep on my songs. Is there anyone out there that walk me through it? Any help will be appreciated.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:30 AM

Tutorial for KPRO

Is there a tutorial for KPRO. I cannot get the sweep to adjust as the insturctions imply.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Currently, there is no tutorial.

Tell us what is happening and we'll try to discover where the problem is.

1. Tell us if you are using MTU's KHPro?

2. What version number are you running?

3. How far do you get? Have you tried the Adjust Lyrics screen, or are you stuck in the Place Lyrics screeen?

Tell us what you can so we can help you.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM

ADMIN...Two other threads on the subject.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8302

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8829

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:38 AM

Help with KHPro

I am trying to use version 4.105. I have tried all the things that George suggested in the threads and NOTHING works.
When I first place my lyrics with the music and then go to adjust lyrics screen there is another screen that ask you to define the area to play. I have tried all the suggestions that George has made and nothing will influence the movement of the sweep.
I have contacted SUPPORT and they refer me to the two threads that George place. But they do not work. Can I have a defective program or is the defect in me????? I don't know. I read of nothing but good reports on how great the program is, but I have not seen it. Please, is there anyone that can help?
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:47 AM

I think I see where you're getting hung up. You cannot make any changes to the sweep in the DEFINE AREAS TO PLAY section. That defines the paramaters you wish to work in.

Let's say there is a word(s) that is/are off. In the DEFINE AREAS TO PLAY SECTION, you tell the program how many words BEFORE and AFTER the word(s) you need to adjust you want to play. I generally use 2 and 2.

Then you click OK and go to the ADJUST PLAY section, click on the word(s) that need changing, and depending on whether you need to advance the beginning or ending of the highlight, you use the appropriate arrows. To select more than one word, use the shift key as you click on them.

Now start the ADJUST PLAY. THE LOOP YOU DEFINED WILL START PLAYING. CLICK STOP, AND MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES WITH THE APPROPRIATE ARROWS. Keep repeating the process until the sweep is corrected.

Each mouse click will shift the sweep 0.20 of a second. That can be changed in the DEFINE AREAS TO PLAY section under the ADJUST AMOUNT SESONDS tab, but I just leave it at the default.

Hope this gives you a better understanding of these controls.

If the ENTIRE SONG is off by the same amount, that sounds like a hardware accellerator problem, and there's a different cure for that.

If that's the case, advise. I don't want to put too much on your plate at one time.

Last edited by George; May 11th, 2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Don't know specifically what problems you're encountering, but some functions need to be executed while depressing the CTRL key as well as the key you wish.

For example, to enter a new blank line in the midle of existing text, you normally would place the cursor at the end of the line preceding the new line you wish to create and depress the enter key. With Khpro you must also depress the CTRL key while depressing the enter key.

Same is true using the Delete key to move words up to the previous line. The CTRL key must also be depressed.

If this doesn't get it for you, we need to know the details regarding the problem.
That's exactly where my problem lied. I've begun to use khpro a lot lately and was wondering about this. Thanx a lot,

Old May 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Adjusting the sweep

I thank you for your reply, but I don't know how to expain the problem that I am having any better than I already have. When the music is played the sweep is behind a word or two and I cannot make it match. I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain it any better than that???????????
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:48 AM

sweep

Thanks, I will try again.