MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 28th, 2004, 02:16 PM

Unhappy erasing disc info and reimporting it again

I would like a step by step instruction on how to delete a disc with bad graphics and reimport that disc again so it would show up better.
I've looked through the manual but it doesn't guide you through it step by step so i won't mess anything else up. also some of my disc numbers show wrong book id numbers for songs ( in other words when you punch in one book id number for a song another song actually shows up in its place.

Thanks Doug Bracey
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:19 PM

I did It this way

I found the disk for example Chartbuster essential pack 3 disck one woul dhave a Disk name of CEPIII or what ever you called it. Go to my computer, program files, Micro Tech.., Hoster, Songs, and look for the disk and track that coraltes with your errored song right click it, delte it, and then reimport only the songs you deleted

I hope I helped
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:53 PM

Lightbulb reimporting songs

I have found that to reimport songs that have incorrect disc information for them in the system can be acomplished by using the windows explorer and finding the appropriat file (normaly "Songlist") and deleting all songs for that disc number. Then go to "Programs Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases" and deleting the files called "Songs".
Ounce this is done open Hoster and rebuild your songs database. Then you should be able to reimport them using the correct information. If you delete the bucket file you may find that you no longer have any of the prefilled data when importing but don't worry you can restore it from the recycle bin. I know this may sound complicated but you will soon get the hang of it.
On the second point you make of having a different song come when you inter a song ID#. The only way that I can see this happening is that it was imported with the wrong Song Title information in the first place and would need to be reimported to correct. As this information in your songbooks is derived from the headers from the song file inquestion.

GOOD LUCK

Dale

Last edited by dalegi; May 21st, 2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
Frequent Member

Re: erasing disc info and reimporting it again

I Just put the disc back in, it will show imported, hit select all, then deselect all, then select all, it will show ready. then reimport the disc.works for me. Bob
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:42 AM

This applies to the latest version of Hoster.
If you delete a song or a whole disk recorded to your hard drive. You must also update the database because the song references are still in there. That is where Hoster gets its information from. If you don't update it, you will be told that another file is using that Id number even though you deleted the song. Knowing this, I'll continue.

In the Import window, Select New from the file menu. To import your CD tracks from the CD, look on the edge of the CD case, the maker and disk number are there. Find them both, when you have the right one's, the right songs will show up on your screen. Now make sure you know the next available Book ID number and set it. Select all and import tracks. If the Book ID you selected is already in use, you will be told.

The database for each CD disk is made up of the manufactures name, and Disk number. All of the song names are included in each DB file. So they will show what's in each file. You have to find the right DB file to match your CD disk. If you can't find a match, you must use Custom to import the songs and add your own disk name, and Book ID.
I think I explained it.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:36 AM

yes and if you update the database and some songs are missing or it doesnt work right. check to besure your songs are all in the right folder first and then rebuild again. I had this problem today.

I rebuilt database but 1/2 my songs didnt show ANYWHERE. Of course I called MTU and the great folks (poor guy sounded like he had a cold) Helped me out. Simply ran data base again amd for some reason they were back?

Go figure
Old June 18th, 2005, 10:41 AM

Erasing continued

I had the problem described earlier in the thread, I tried to erase the whole disk to import it again using the edit songs database just the last song for the Id was messed up example 11515 well It erased all of the songs but the last one and I got a message that It could not be deleted. So after cleaning the disk up I just imported the disk again and the last song even though it said that it was already imported was over writtened and now the graphics are good.
I also have run into the database being wrong on a particular song one song coming up when another is listed. In Hoster 3.106 which is what I use. I go to edit songs find the disk ID # using multiple entrys. and find the disk then I can edit the song list and correct any mistakes. I haven't used the update songbook feature yet since I use KJ Pro to do my song books at least SO Far I do. But this works for me. I don't know if that helps I hope it does. Been using Hoster for about 2 weeks now and Love it. Never want to go back to sorting disks again. I like the Set it and Forget it feature of Hoster. I use both the manual and auto feature on the play list. My singers love seeing their name come up on the screen too.
John

Last edited by Karaoke John; June 18th, 2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: a couple of typo's