MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:05 PM

Unhappy SetDisplayMode Failed, SetCooperativeLevel Failed

Below are the 1st and 2nd errors I get upon launching v2.2 and clicking on a track, then Play:

SetDisplayMode Failed
SetCooperativeLevel Failed

I used to run ver 2.0 just fine. I install v 2.2 (same location) but now it won't play.

System Cfg:
Win 98
P233 / 128Mb
SCSI Drives HDD/CD/CDR (all CDG HW is compatible - I've been doing this for years)
ASPI v4.60
DirectX v 8.0
Video RAM is only 4Mg but worked fine on prev ver 2.0

Systemi.ini Vcache set
[vcache]
; the following cache setting are required for Microstudio
ChunkSize=16384
MinFileCache=32768
MaxFileCache=32768

I followed all other instructions as reccommended.

Secondly, I was considering running it on my win2000 system instead (w 1.2GHz / 512MB /VRAM32MB), but looking at the install instructions provided, it appears not to be designed for w2k. Where would I find specific instructions for loading it on Win2000?

Misschiff

[Edited by Misschiff on 05-22-2001 at 09:19 PM]
Old May 24th, 2001, 12:32 AM

Angry SetDisplayMode Failed, SetCooperativeLevel Failed

Yes This just happened to me about 3 days ago, In ver 2.200
It has been working fine for me until I was trying to upgrade my sis530v.drv. but aborted the download. (Did not notice until a couple of days later when I tryed to work on CDG's and don't know it this has anything to do with this error message). I will try to find my old copy of 2.103 and reinstall to see if it is the program or my settings.
Old May 24th, 2001, 07:13 PM

SET DISPLAY FAILED

SET DISPLAY LEVEL FAILED /SET COOPERATIVELEVEL FAILED.

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I HAVE ON BOARD SIS 530 VIDEO PLEASE HELP EMAIL ME IF YOU LIKE ALL HELP APPRECIATED
CARL.DALEY@BTINTERNET.COM

I have reloaded sis 530 onboard display drivers and then tried to play karaoke disk but kept getting same message
set display level failed set cooperative level failed.

pc spec
amd k6/400 64 meg ram 10 gig hdd plextor 16/10/40ta cd writer also on board graphics and sound card. I have followed the instructios to the letter with the settings but can't even play cdg disk i have also downloaded directx7.0 since then i have had a few problems with direct cd locking up and system crashes is it possible that the directx 7.0 is not compatable with my onboard video and that I should invest in a pci 8meg card please help its driving me crazy and my missus is going mad because im on the pc night& day.

Admin transferred this from CD's new Thread posted 05-29-01 I have now sussed it out i have put a new graphic card in instead of using the onboard sis card micro dosent like on board card for some reason but ok now the one i used is an s3 trio 8meg card no probs so far pplays disks and copys them also plays on karaoke machine thanks for your help everyone i will keep you posted how i get on if any probs thanks again

Old May 24th, 2001, 11:19 PM

Smile I Got It

Last week I went on Compac site to download the updated SiS530 driver, I started the download and after about 10 min aborted it. Aparently, during this download some of the drivers such as dd530.dll, Sis DirectDrawDriver, 16-bit fns, and about 3 others had newer dates than the drivers my computor came with, so I installed the orignal video driver and I'm back up and running. I'm not sure if it was a mix-match set of drivers or some odd driver was causing a clash with Microstudio. Later I will download and install the complete set of updated drivers and see If it will keep running. Thanks
Old May 25th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Misschiff, You can run Microstudio on Win2000. There are NO CHANGES to make for 2000. The only thing that you will have to do is make sure that your ASPI drivers are updated to version 4.60 (1021)

The SiS video "system" that is built onto some motherboards is rather low-featured. After talking with Engineering, the problem with playing is when we try to set the screen resolution to 320 x 200, the SiS video doesn't support this. Thus, you get the two error messages.

Michael White solved this problem by downloading a new driver version from Compaq. The rest of you gentlepeople might try the same. Find your motherboard manufacturer (or company who made the computer, such as Michael's Compaq) and visit their website. You will probably find a new driver to download. Try doing this first.

If that does not work, you should be able to plug a video card into your computer and be able to play karaoke songs. Plugging a video card in should automatically disable the sis video on the motherboard. I would hope your computer motherboard manual has some discussion on adding a video card in. If not, check with your computer supplier.
Old May 28th, 2001, 02:35 PM

Arrow

I AM using a video card on this system and the drivers are up-to date. but I will have another look for any other system driver-related updates.

What I'd like to know from the ADMIN is, what is different about MicroStudio ver 2.2 from 2.0 that would make an otherwise functioning program cease to function on the same unchanged system?

When I get around to it, I will also try installing on my WIN 2000 PC.
Old May 29th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Set Cooperative level failed - This is a directX error message that indicates the computer is not able to change to full screen exclusive mode with the resolution set to 320 x 240. This mode is set when the Play button is clicked in Microstudio.

Set Display Mode failed - This is a directX error message that would result from a failure to set the resolution to 320 x 240.

These two error messages result from a failure of directX to initialize prior to executing the RW rendering code.

To help us diagnose this problem in your computer to get you running, follow the instructions at http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=322 to run dxDiag and email us the log results. Also in the email, include what video hardware you are using.
Old June 2nd, 2001, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Please run Dxdiag.exe (see post above) and follow the directions how to rename the file and email it to us. We are doing another upgrade (V2.304) and hope to release this within 2 weeks.

We need your dxdiag data to see if the problem is on your computer, or is an error in our program code.

Thank you in advance for reporting this problem and working with us on it.
Old June 2nd, 2001, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Probable Cause...

We expect that each of you have DirectX 7.0a,not 8.0. Download 8.0 from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseID=27741
Old June 3rd, 2001, 02:49 PM

Red face

I am using DirectX8, and emailed your support with the DXDIAG info as instructed but haven't heard back.
Old June 7th, 2001, 11:35 AM

Mischiff,
I have looked at your DXDIAG, and the only thing that I see that I have found can cause a problem with DirectX programs is that your Windows Version is Win 98 First edition, instead of Second Edition. I have run into the past problems with using DirectX products under Windows 98 First edition. You may want to try to upgrade your Windows to Second Edition. You can order this upgrade CD from Microsoft for about $15, I believe.

Microstudio 2.0 and up to version 2.103 didn't use the DirectX as heavily as Version 2.200 and later. We now rely on DirectX for the Player, thus the reason you didn't have the problem in version 2.0.