MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 29th, 2008, 09:45 AM

cdgs wont play

I have installed new soft ware from mtu for burning cdg, thought my burner was bad and maybe was, but got new burner have done all the updates I can find to do. But the cdgs I cut will not play the first trac, no matter what number I punch in. After getting one to play, which takes several attempt. then it is ok, all other cdgs play in the player, which is a jvc, but the new ones Im trying to burn, Ive seen on here others had that same problem but no one ever posted how to fix it. Thanks for the help.
kowboys karaoke.......Dan
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:10 AM

To: D. Douglas 02/12/09

I have been running great for the last month, after all the work on getting my software and/or burner up and running with everyones help. Now I cannot get my burner to produce a Karaoke disc that will play through my computer or be regonized in a MTU Hoster system. It plays in my Karaoke machine but when I try to load those songs into a MTU hoster system it never regonizes the disk. The disk is in the tray, but it keeps asking me to insert a disk in the tray.
Any Suggestions. tks
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM

dont work

The only ting I can suggest is, to make sure that all of your updates for the puter you are on is up to date, if they are not take a time out and do that.
And in addition you might try slowing down, your burn speed, that is what I had to do, I stillon occasion, have that problem and have to reburn sevral times once in a while to get it to work, but on the most part, slowing down did help a lot. mtu jdid not ever respond to the problem I had, so I dont know what they suggest, I dont understand why everything works ok until you do your updates and then you cant get it to work, and all that mtu will tell you is that it is something you are doing wrong, if it worked before why not now?

danny.....koowboys karaoke
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM

To: dan matney

Yes Dan, I know what you mean. My updates are scheduled every week. I check to be sure that they have been checked. I installed the new driver for my MTU burner and when we did that, it started working like it did in the beginning. I work mostly with films and music, heavy on music projects and some of the programs were interfering with one another. I haven't added any since the unit started working again.
I continue to check on the Upper and Lower filters and they haven't changed so who knows what is causing the problem now. I have a stack of some 60 disks that have been ruined since this all started. My time invested in getting it fixed was astronominal.
What I can't imagine why it works in my regular Karaoke Machine but, won't register in the MTU Hoster setup. It keeps saying 'There is no disk in Drive.'
Appreciate your information and concern.
I don't think there is a way to slow down the recording speed on the MTU burner?
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM

dont work

No problem my man, sorry I could not help you more. To tell you the truth I have no idea why mine stopped working and no idea why it started working again. And worse than anythng dont know why sometimes it will not work.
It took me weeks to get this thing to working correctly, I sent questions to everyone I know, and no one could or at least would help me, I dont mean the forum here these are good good people here, but mtu would not respond to anything I asked them, and to this day have never heard from them about any of this stuff, I dont think mtu understands that this is my livelyhood, it is not a game or recreation to me, they will not return calls or give help of any kind except for asking someone else. I said all this just to say, sorry I can be of more help to you, I know your pain been there, with no one to help you.

kowboys karaoke
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM

To:dan matney

Just keep after them and they will get it done. Thanks again.
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Have either of you done any Hardware updates from Microsoft? Reason I ask is at least with Hoster we have found among the beta testers that Microsoft's hardware updates that they list don't work and usually end up keeping the equipment from working right. If you have be sure to go back to the MFG of the item or your computer's MFG website and get the correct drivers.
I have played the same game you guys have with a Plextor drive. It quit working for me and would tell me to insert a disk when one was already there. I thought the drive had gone south on me, but I had another (NEC drive that was working so didn't pull it out. One day (after some updates from Microsoft) it started working again. I guess nobody is perfect including Microsoft.
Anyway, Vince, are your Microstudio and Hoster on the same computer? If not are the two computers networked?
You can control the speed by right clicking on the drive and going to Properties then going to the Recording tab. The rate can be set in this.
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:42 AM

To: Dale Douglass 02/13/09

Dale,
The MFG your speaking of I am assuming is the manufacturer of the computer, which in my case is Dell, And the drivers are for Microsoft's XP system not for my MTU equipment? You know who manufactured the Hoster system.
My MTU software is in one of my Windows XP computer and the Hoster system is in my partners laptop that we use for our gigs. We have loaded thousands of conventional Karaoke disks into it and never had a problem. When I couldn't get my computer to play a disk that I had just burned, where I received the "Place a disk in the drive" came from, I thought it was probably something in my computer. I went out to my Karaoke room and tried to played it and it worked fine.
I took it over to my partners office, where we keep the Hoster equipment and he tried for three hours and there wasn't any way we could get the system to accept the disk.(I made two copies of the songs. One on each of the computers I have here in my Home. Both disk had the same effect in the Hoster system.)
A question I'd like to get an answer to is: If I rip the songs that are on the disk that the system would not accept and put them in zip files should the Hoster system accept them? I also have a burner that produces .cda files. Should or would those be accepted any easier?

As usual, thanks for everyones help and your expertise in this matter.
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
A question I'd like to get an answer to is: If I rip the songs that are on the disk that the system would not accept and put them in zip files should the Hoster system accept them? I also have a burner that produces .cda files. Should or would those be accepted any easier?

As usual, thanks for everyones help and your expertise in this matter.
Yes you can. Hoster will accept Zip, Mp3+G, WMA+G, or better yet, BIN files. With BIN files you won't have any compression artifacts.
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Mark. Just burn the BIN files as data instead of music to a cd and then when you get to his laptop copy the BIN files to the hard drive and import them from there.
If you have a flash drive it would even be better as you don't waste a CD then. Copy the files to a flash drive go to the laptop and plug it into the laptop and copy them to the hard drive and import.
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM

TO: Marklwood 02/13/09

I will try installing most current drivers from Dell for my Windows XP and try to rip to .bin files again. I have checked each of the 20 songs on my disk as I list them in my Main drive as indivudual fiiles and they all have 2 (two) files listed through the properties window (cdg and MP3+g) and they all play in my home Karaoke machine but will not be accepted in the MTU Hoster system.
I also tried to change recording speed in device manager and do not find any of the info on Recoding Tab where I could adjust the recording speed.
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
I will try installing most current drivers from Dell for my Windows XP and try to rip to .bin files again. I have checked each of the 20 songs on my disk as I list them in my Main drive as indivudual fiiles and they all have 2 (two) files listed through the properties window (cdg and MP3+g) and they all play in my home Karaoke machine but will not be accepted in the MTU Hoster system.
I also tried to change recording speed in device manager and do not find any of the info on Recoding Tab where I could adjust the recording speed.
Vince, then these files are not imported from CDGs into Microstudio. I say that because MS imports them from the CD as BIN files (1 file only). If they are MP3+G on the disk you didn't burn it from MS as it burns them as CDG (CDA shows if you look at disk from Explorer).
Also if they are MP3+G on the disk that is why Hoster will not see them. To import from CD in Hoster it will only recognize CDA (music & Karaoke files). To import the files from those disks you will have to copy the files from the disk to his hard drive and then use the Import from Hard Drive function instead of the Import from CD.
Your Karaoke machine is designed to accept all kinds of karaoke disks including VCD (Video types), MP3+G, ZIP, and others because it only has the CD drive as a way to play them. Hoster is designed to accept all kinds but only CDG standard disks for Importing from CD. All the others must be Imported from the Hard Drive.
Old February 13th, 2009, 05:05 PM

To: Dale Douglass 02/13/09- 4:01 pm

It's starting to sink in Dale. My only problem is I hadn't changed the way we put the last 1200 songs into the Hoster system. Now You have to remember that that is from the memory of a 75 year old. I keep a S.O.P. sheet on all the processes that I have done and will need to do again. If I can find that sheet, I'll go over it again!!!

tks Dale
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Unhappy microstudio4006 won't work

Just purchased a HP laptop running windows vista
installed mstudio 4006 version when I place a CDG song
in playlist and click play the screen appears and then diappears
and nothing works. help help
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Buttons 1,
Please start your own new thread instead of attaching your problem here. This will never get seen and your problem doesn't have anything to do with what is in this thread. Just open the forum you want to post it in (Microstudio Help) and at the top on the left side is a button for New Thread.
Thank you.