MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Can't find that one. :-(
Old February 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

You did try turning the UAC off right? That should allow you to operate as an administrator (provided your login is an administrator account) and should let the files install.
Old February 7th, 2009, 08:37 PM

I downloaded the Demo version and it works. However, the graphics are HORRIBLE. Now I'm wondering if this is only the Demo or if that is any indicator of how the new version is. I'm really at my wits end here and am almost ready to give up and try something different. However, I've had Microstudio for the last 7 years or more and am kind of partial to it. Wish I could work this out, but I still have not heard back from sales and it's kinda upsetting to me that they just don't seem to care.
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Its not that they don't care. There is only one Support tech and he is rather swamped right now with work. The graphics on the demo may have been bad indicating there are some tweaks that need to be done to get them right (since this is a new set-up of Vista). That is minor, first we have to get it to let you install the older versionof the program.
I'll talk to them Monday and see what we can get done.
Old February 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM

Whatever happened to David Cox (I think that was his name)... I used to talk to him all the time.
The person that wrote me back from sales was Lynne. That's the one I was waiting for to answer again. I did put in another ticket to support yesterday.. am not expecting anything back from support till at least Monday, but I figured the one in sales I should've heard back from already..it's been since the 2nd.
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Why would you need to hear from Sales? It is Support you need to be talking to to try and get the older version re-installed on the computer. Then you can purchase (on-line) the Upgrade and install it. But until you can get the older version to install then the upgrade won't help.
David Cox is the owner/CEO of the company. He and the two programmers they have are deep into getting Hoster upgraded with some new features and trying to get it to behave in Vista.
The problem with this error is it has never come up before. 0x80040703 has come up and that is definately an upgrade issue (Microsoft). That is why I had you try that first.
The only other thing I can think of would be a corrupted setup program file. Unfortunately there is no place to get another download of that version or anything even close to it that would use the same registration code. MTU does not keep copies of their older setup programs.
Old February 8th, 2009, 07:59 PM

I had contacted sales to see if they would let me have the full version for the upgrade price. She just wrote back that I didn't have the upgrade and to purchase the upgrade. However, as far as I know the upgrade only works if the old version is installed. I wrote that back to her and never got a reply back.
Ok, I do have two versions I have tried. I had downloaded one to my hard drive and backed up one on a CD. If the file was corrupt would it corrupt on both?
Dave used to be in an e-mail group I used to belong to a long time ago. Nice guy! I didn't realize he was the one creating all the updates.
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Ok, we just tried something. My husband runs XP and we ran the CD on his computer. It went all the way up to where I have to enter my name and company and stuff. On my Vista computer it quits before it gets there. So it is definitely not a Disk issue it's a compatibility issue with Vista I would think. Weird thing is that it used to install just fine, so I would assume it is an update from Microsoft that causes the problem. So I also assume that the new version would work to install on my computer.. problem is me being worried about the display in the demo... and if I could get it to work on my computer. I'm sure glad I'm not a programmer, cause I sure wouldn't have to work with Microsoft trying to get my software to work in their new version and irate costumers (like me) bitching about it..lol. The question remains then if they would sell me the full new version for the upgrade price.
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

As far as selling you the full version at the upgrade price I really doubt it.
For the video problem go through the list on this link:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm
This is for Hoster but is dealing with the display as well and Microstudio uses a lot of the same code. Obviously you have done the updates from Micorsoft and some of this won't apply such as the memory requirements, but the settings changes should help.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:48 AM

Angry

ALL PROGRAMS EXCEPT KEYRITE INSTALLED. GET ERROR 0x80040707 dll funtioncrashed _ismtuGETKEY6. HAVE INSTALLED UPDATES (CUSTOM) I AM USING DISK AND REG. NUMBERS FROM EMAIL SO I KNOW THEY'RE RIGHT. THE KEYRITE PROGRAM WILL INSTALL AND WHEN I OPEN THE ICON THE WRONG REG. WINDOW POPS UP. HELP

Last edited by Jim N; February 9th, 2009 at 01:50 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim N View Post
ALL PROGRAMS EXCEPT KEYRITE INSTALLED. GET ERROR 0x80040707 dll funtioncrashed _ismtuGETKEY6. HAVE INSTALLED UPDATES (CUSTOM) I AM USING DISK AND REG. NUMBERS FROM EMAIL SO I KNOW THEY'RE RIGHT. THE KEYRITE PROGRAM WILL INSTALL AND WHEN I OPEN THE ICON THE WRONG REG. WINDOW POPS UP. HELP
This is probably a .NET framework error, or possibly a network card issue(not very likely). I would try un-installing your last .Net update and try the install again. Let me, and everyone else know if this fixed it.
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim N View Post
What version of Keyrite?
What operating system?
What was the reason you needed to re-install all of the programs?

I think this is a Registry (Windows) error that may be easy to fix, but need to know above information before I can give you instructions of where to clear this.
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Honor Roll

Jim, listen to Dale first. He knows a lot more about this stuff than I do. I was just covering the night shift for him.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Got another question. I have a laptop with XP on it. What do I need to do to be able to install Microstudio on that instead of my home computer. When I try to do it it says that the Product ID is registered on another Ethernet device. I figured if it works on the laptop then I just do it that way and don't worry about my desktop. Have I mentioned how I despice VISTA?
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

You will have to submit another Support Ticket to get your registration reset for that older version. Be sure to include the email address you bought it with and the last 4 digits of your registration code so they can find it and get it reset. If your email is different now then be sure to let them know that too, so they can email an answer back to you.